Yet another meal plan question

CdnCarrie

DIS Veteran
Free half board plus this summer

1.) So we get a voucher for breakfast at a counter service? Not the hotel buffet? Is this correct? Anywhere to use it outside the park. I would rather eat before park hours.

2.) What is the value of the meal voucher?

1. It depends on your dates. It’s confusing and we got some wrong information even from staff, but double check all the details on the website when ordering to make sure.

We got breakfast at the hotel.

2. I’m not sure, and I might be wrong about this, but I think it’s irrelevant. Look for the page on the website that specifies the restaurants that accept the vouchers. You’ll notice that it covers a very wide range of meals, some more expensive than others.

We’ve got the same (half board plus) for this Summer (3 nights, 2 days in the park) and staying at Villages Nature. I spoke to guest services who told me that it usually goes:

Day 1: use the evening meal voucher (park / village / other hotel)
Day 2: use a breakfast voucher in the park then a meal voucher in the park for lunch or dinner (as day 1)
Day 3: No park tickets, so use breakfast voucher at face value at New York Sandwiches in the village - yes it’s a schlep over from “Nature” but I get to do a little more shopping!!

Hope that helps - I realise now that I forgot to ask what the breakfast face value was (the CM kept going off to ask for confirmation on every question so I ended up not asking!).

Does anyone on here know what it is, or has done the meal plan at Les Villages Nature and can comment on their experience?

It also depends on what hotel you are staying at and whether it has a restaurant for breakfast.

Last week our meal plan was for the breakfast buffet at our hotel, and the other meal we used for dinner in the parks.

You’ll want to make any restaurant reservations well in advance of arrival. We had one night where we had a reservation we weren’t sure we wanted and when I asked at the concierge in the day we checked in had only ONE available reservation late that night at the hotel restaurant.

So the directions they provide to book your meals when you arrive - it’s total crap and if you do that you’ll end up with no place to eat dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!