• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another AP question

Fiona35

DIS Veteran
When my pass runs out in Oct, if I don't manage to get any sponsors can someone re sponsor me for mine or do you have to wait a year before you can do that?

Can I hijack please!

we all have APs ( expiring Aug 7th)

both mine and eldest sons were sponsored (hubby paid fullprice to get youngest sons free)

As yet myself and eldest don't have anyone to sponsor :(
so what i am wondering is could I sponsor hubby and youngest son ?? ( and hopefully someone else!)

if so could this be done during our oct trip ? or would it have to be done before my expiry ? ( on our july trip)

we won't be going again between july & Oct, so just working out what is best to do

and whether it's actually worth getting AP's this time ? as we tend to only go for a few days at a time, and although we stay offsite so the APs have advantages

it works out great over 12 monthd but it's a lot of ££s to shell out in one go,esp as my youngest is now over 7 :(

I think it is worth getting APs, but I agree it's an awful lot of money. I think you'd definitely have to renew in July to be able to sponsor - you wouldn't be able to sponsor if your pass had expired I don't think, but I might be wrong. I suppose it depends if its counted as a renewal or a new pass.
The new rule changes have made it virtually impossible to sponsor if you don't live near DLRP unfortunately.

so what i am wondering is could I sponsor hubby and youngest son ?? ( and hopefully someone else!)

As Elaine says annual passports have to lapse by 2 years before they can be counted as new to allow for the person to be sponsored :)

As Elaine says annual passports have to lapse by 2 years before they can be counted as new to allow for the person to be sponsored :)

that's not what i wanted to know lol

i wanted to sponsor hubby & son ( not been sposnored before)

i just needed to know would i have to do it in July ( as mine expires in aug) or could wait til Oct ( our next trip)

but yeah makes sense that you can't sponsor after it's expired Brit :(

not sure what to do,we may even get francillien passes in Oct as we won't / don't want to do disney for the whole time we are there

need to check the blackout days!

Did you manage to sponsor anyone while you were there ?

I will see if i can find some randoms at the AP office to sponsor :rotfl:

Oct 26th - 31st is blackout :(

Yes that makes sense, will be a busy busy week. Probably blackout even for fantasy on 31st?
No we didn't sponsor anyone, but we didn't hang out round the AP office. Seemed to be big queues there again though, as they are still heavily promoting the extend your day pass for however many euros idea.

You won't be able to sponsor new passes for your husband and your youngest son, until their existing passes have been expired for at least 2 years (ie they have to be non-annual pass holders - of any type - for at least 2 years, before theirs can be sponsored by anyone).

You won't be able to sponsor new passes for your husband and your youngest son, until their existing passes have been expired for at least 2 years (ie they have to be non-annual pass holders - of any type - for at least 2 years, before theirs can be sponsored by anyone).

what ?! no surely not

that is ridiculous :sad2:

I can understand the not being able to have sponsorship for 2 years, if already been sponsored

but not if you haven't been sponsored and paid fullprice

Sorry Cyrano you were right then :goodvibes and I didn't even know that was the Q i was asking :rotfl:

pah even more peeved than I was already now :(

I can understand the not being able to have sponsorship for 2 years, if already been sponsored

but not if you haven't been sponsored and paid fullprice

It does seem unfair, but DLP are using the sponsorship scheme to attract new AP holders :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter