Yesterday. Wow!

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
We went to DLR/DCA yesterday because our son started spring break. He's on a year round schedule and in previous years, we went during his spring break and it wasn't too bad. Well, yesterday was pretty packed. Mouse Wait had it at about 90% capacity at the peak. We've been to DLR/DCA a couple of years ago during the week after Christmas where it was so packed that they actually stopped letting people into the parked and if that's considered 100% capacity, I'm not sure if saying yesterday was 90% capacity is accurate. It was busy but not 90% busy.

Anyways, I thought would share in case anybody was wondering but the Frozen meet and greet was about 2 hours and 15 minutes long. YIKES! :eek: Even the Minnie Mouse meet and greet was about 45 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen her wait time anymore than 20 minutes.

We didn't get a chance to ride BTM so we'll have to put that on our list for our return trip in late September when they go on fall break.

We did accomplish a lot and my calves are sore as can be. We managed to get 2 of the 3 kids to sleep in the stroller as we left the park and ended up eating at Steakhouse 55 for the first time. They were kind enough to let us eat with the strollers parked right next to the table as the 2 kids were still sleeping. You do what you need to do but still nice of them to accommodate us. We ordered the calamari and the pieces were good sized and the plate was a good size. I order the ceasar salad and the salad was very green and fresh. Good portion too. Wife ordered wine. I didn't taste it as I was driving home and it was late so I didn't want anything in my system to make me more sleepy. Instead, I ordered a glass of Coke and the glass was also a good size. I love Coke to it's nice to see a good size glass that doesn't need too many refills to quench my thirst. We both ordered the rib eye med-well. I know most folks prefer their steak either med or less but we like med-well and believe it or not, we can still find places that cook it med-well with tons of juice left in the steak. It seems that last night, it was cooked a little more towards to the well side so it was a little on the dry side but it was actually still very tasty. The rub was nice and flavorful and actuality had a little spicy kick to it. I've been thinking on going to med for my steaks so maybe I'll start now to see how my ordered steaks turn out. ;) We would def go back to Steakhouse 55.

We also were able to buy some Minnie Mouse stuff as our 15 month daughter is all about Minnie. She was so excited when we took her to the Minnie Meet and Greet. She saw Minnie in the back yard take pictures with other people before we could get in line and her face totally lit up. At first, we weren't sure if we wanted to wait in line because like I said, I've never seen the line more than like 20 minutes but after seeing her face light up, we had to.

One other thing I think is worth mentioning. We went to the Haunted House and although the last time I went there when it's the "normal" Haunted Mansion, I was a kid. In previous times, we just so happened to go when it's done up with the Nightmare Before Christmas theme but we went yesterday when it was the "normal" Haunted Mansion. Honestly, we didn't care for it. We much prefer it when it's done up with the Nightmare Before Christmas theme. We don't think we'll be doing that again until fall when it changes over and quite frankly some of the images might have been a little much for my kids. There were some questions but luckily they didn't say they were scared.

Overall, yesterday was a good day. The boys had fun and were behaved but we're tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter