Yeshiva Week cruise

MalkaR

Mouseketeer
I'm considering taking my family on a cruise during yeshiva week, the last full week of January. As far as general info, I've found plenty of that, but I wonder if anyone has kosher-specific info, like if the soft serve is kosher, any buffet food kosher? We're modern orthodox, glatt, not chalav yisrael, okay with fruits/veg cut with clean cold knives, double wrapped baked food, etc. Also, what are the crowds like? Are there unsupervised kids running amok? How are the prepackaged meals? Is it mostly fleishshig (I'm worried about my ability to eat tons of mickey bars!!)? Thank you so much for any info you might have!

If there is anything I must give to Disney, it is that they will go out of their way to accommodate your special dietary requirements.

As a first step, make sure the request is noted on your reservation. You (or your TA) may have to call Disney for it.

On the first day, get on the ship as soon as you can to speak with your head server. Typically, you will find all of them on the first afternoon in a lounge or another similar gathering. Let them know of your specific requests, and ask them what - if anything - is already kosher on board. As you know, the kitchen area for kosher, veg, halal, etc. is segregated from the rest, the menu may be more limited. The good news is, they will make it fresh and not just serve you pre-packaged variety.

You will find kids doing what they do normally on any vacation. Most, however, will be well-behaved. With their families or in the clubs.

Honestly I would call DCL. There is a line for allergies and other food issues and I think you would get a much clearer understanding of what is available if you talk to someone there. The breakfast cereals at the buffet come sealed in individual packages but I'm not sure of anything else. As for crowds, it's depended on the cruise itself (as in, on the really short ones people are trying to squeeze everything into a few days so it felt worse to me, as did the larger ship). Hope this helps.

I'm considering taking my family on a cruise during yeshiva week, the last full week of January. As far as general info, I've found plenty of that, but I wonder if anyone has kosher-specific info, like if the soft serve is kosher, any buffet food kosher? We're modern orthodox, glatt, not chalav yisrael, okay with fruits/veg cut with clean cold knives, double wrapped baked food, etc. Also, what are the crowds like? Are there unsupervised kids running amok? How are the prepackaged meals? Is it mostly fleishshig (I'm worried about my ability to eat tons of mickey bars!!)? Thank you so much for any info you might have!

I have a friend who keeps kosher and she recommend's this site for helpful information - http://kosherinthekingdom.com/kosher-disney-cruising-part-1-overview/

I did vegetarian on DCL for many years when Kashrut was an issue for me. There is a large selection if you go that route.

I would also note, that during yeshiva week there are so many jewish people on board they usually self organize and are able to get a room for a minyan. The site posted above is probably your best source for any kosher info (kosherinthekingdom.com), but we have been on 4 DCL cruises during yeshiva break (and will be going again) so feel free to PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter