Yes, yes I can fit two Britax carseats into my RV

lathamary

Mouseketeer
Carseats2.jpg

Carseats1.jpg

Strapped in and ready to go! I took the seat cushion out, and they buckled in nice and snug in the booth seat. I will feel better if they're strapped in when we're on the go.

That's a great idea to remove the cushion. I always found on the dinette that the height was a problem where their knees would be against the table. Removing the cushion fixes that! And strapping the seats on the sofa causes them to ride sideways, eliminating much of the benefit of the carseat as far as head and body lateral movement. You've got them in a forward facing and secure position, which will give you peace of mind. Plus, they can still use the table. :thumbsup2

What a great idea! Can't wait to show my DH. I wasn't sure where we were going to put the carseats. (we have Britax too)

We are alble to put the seat at the table too, but we usually put the table down. We are to paranoid about it up if there is an accident. I really wish there was a way to have them closer. It freaks me out sometimes when passing a semi how far back they are! Hope you have a safe trip!

That is so cool, and someone can sit across the table and help keep them occupied, point out things as you drive by. Here's hoping they get along well and you have a lot of good memories of the road trips.

I was just curious about how old is your oldest son? My oldest daughter is 5 and she has not ridden in a car seat in the motorhome since she was about 3yo. My youngest daughter who is 2.5 will be traveling to St. Louis in a few days without the car seat as a trial run. If she doesn't not cooperate then the Disney trip in June she will be back in the seat for the ride.

princess:Sydney princess:Samantha

I was just curious about how old is your oldest son? My oldest daughter is 5 and she has not ridden in a car seat in the motorhome since she was about 3yo. My youngest daughter who is 2.5 will be traveling to St. Louis in a few days without the car seat as a trial run. If she doesn't not cooperate then the Disney trip in June she will be back in the seat for the ride.

Child restraint laws apply to motorhomes just as they do for vehicles. So we secure them just as we would in the car. If not just because of the law, just because it's safest.

princess:Sydney princess:Samantha

Isaiah's seven, and he is in a Britax Regent carseat. He weights 60 lbs, and the Regent goes up to 80. We joke that he'll be going to prom in it ;) He prefers to be strapped in. He's very conscientious by nature. Neither of my kids mind being in their carseats; we lucked out that way! I wish you luck with your daughter! I'll keep my fingers crossed that she'll cooperate :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter