Yes!!! June 3rd Illuminations

nancyv58

Mouseketeer
Just got off the phone and booked the June 3 illuminations cruise leaving from the Yacht and Beach club!!! Forgot to get up early this morning because we have a 2 hour delay because of last night's snowstorm so I thought for sure that I missed my chance but I got through and it is now ours!!! Can anyone give me some idea if any of the "add ons" are worth the price? We will be celebrating 2 50th anniversaries on this trip, so should we do something on the cruise or just the cruise itself is enough? Thanks for all your help. Thanks to these boards it went very smoothly.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Congratulations on getting that reservation! You are going to love this experience.

I've only experienced the illuminations cruise without any "add ons" We did see a "birthday" party on the boat parked next to us, the Dad asked if he could board our boat in order to video tape the party, because it was crowded with the cake etc on his boat.

The Illuminations Cruise only lasts about an hour, personally I don't know if that amount of time is worth the extra money for cake, etc. On the other hand, the pontoon boat is decorated with balloons etc. so that might be worth the extra expense.

I'm not much help, am I? I hope someone who has had some of the "extras" can give you better advice :)

Katholyn

My DW and I did an Illuminations Cruise for our 25th anniversary. They decorated the boat with balloons (nice touch). We had a dessert tray which was (JMHO) ok. There was a small tray of cheese and fruit (very yummy), but the desserts were so-so. I'm not a big coffee/mocha/cappicino fan, so these finger desserts were not too appealing to me. It was a nice arrangement, and they included beverages (cans of soda).

I would call Disney and see what they can arrange and how much it would cost.

Yes, the cruise is only an hour, but it is very memorable. We saw the fireworks at Epcot then Captain Kim sped over to MGM and we caught the fireworks finale at Fantasmic, too! It was a delightful evening for us.

When we did this in '98 we did not buy any of the extras, but the crew had no problem with the coolers we brought on board with cheese and crackers and beverages---much cheaper than the add-ons. I think officially you aren't supposed to bring anything with you, I'd be interested what people have experienced in this regard. We did give our CMs a nice tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter