Yes I would like a free birthday dessert...A Dining Trip Report *Updated 6/19 Be Our Guest* COMPLETE

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! This will be my first time posting an entire Dining Trip Report.
I know that reading others has definitely helped me with planning future trips so if my reviews will help others with theirs I'll be a happy girl :)
So a little background information: This was a week long trip from May 20 - May 26 to celebrate my 28th birthday. I went with my boyfriend to celebrate. We are from South Florida and were using annual passes for the first time. We did a split stay for our trip with three nights at the Grand Floridian Hotel and the last three nights at the Boardwalk Villas.

Below are the restaurants I had to make ADRs for. There will be some quick service in between as well

Dining Itinerary:
Saturday May 20 - Dinner: Victoria and Alberts (My actual birthday)
Sunday May 21 - Lunch: Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner: Le Cellier
Monday May 22 - Annual Pass sneak preview of Pandora, Dinner: California Grill
Tuesday May 23 - Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wednesday May 24 - Dinner: Monsieur Paul
Thursday May 25 - Dinner: Boathouse
Friday May 26 - Lunch: Be Our Guest

There will be lots of pictures for every restaurant.

And I would like to begin with my favorite quote from Disney that lets me know my vacation has officially begun:

Please Stand Clear Of The Doors.
Por favor manténganse se alejado de las puertas

MAY 2Oth - MY BIRTHDAY!!
VICTORIA AND ALBERT'S

My birthday trip had finally arrived! This was the first time I had ever planned a Disney trip six months in advance. It had all started with my boyfriend suggesting we go to Victoria and Albert's for my birthday and me thinking a one day trip to Disney didn't make any sense. i proceeded to book an entire week of reservations that I changed constantly up until the day before for some. At one point we were going to split this trip up with a Disney cruise, but in the end decided to just spend the whole week at Disney instead.

So the first place we ate at I forgot to take pictures of the food. This is the first time I tried really hard to document everything we were eating because I knew I wanted to write this Dining report when I got back. I got caught up in the birthday magic and being at Magic Kingdom so I forgot this until after I had finished eating. We had gone into Gaston's Tavern for a quick bite to eat and to get out of the sun.

IMG_8798_zpswuascltn.jpg

I had a ham and cheese sandwich and I don't remember what my boyfriend had. Very bad start to reviewing! I get better I promise.

We headed back to the Grand Floridian hotel early to shower and get ready for dinner. I was nervous because it had been forecasted to rain and we were staying in an outer building, but thankfully the rain never came.

IMG_8727_zpsnrq7mg0p.jpg

Victoria and Albert's is located on the second floor of the main building in the Grand Floridian hotel.

IMG_8728_zpsherzxxxk.jpg

The restaurant is located next to their other signature restaurant Citricos. Those frosted doors will only open for you if you have a coveted reservation.
IMG_8729_zpshgjr0zly.jpg

IMG_8730_zps9bokiqbi.jpg

They have a five diamond AAA award and I believe it is the only restaurant in the state of Florida with one.

IMG_8731_zps9dndrnem.jpg

IMG_8733_zpsi5zr0uwz.jpg

We had a reservation for 6:45pm for the main dining room. One thing I was disappointed with this restaurant was that they did not know we were returning guests (we had dined here in September), which I had found surprising since they had seemed to know this when they had called me a week prior to find out if we had any allergies or food aversions.

We were seated in the back of the room next to where a woman plays a harp throughout dinner.

IMG_8735_zpslpyrqon9.jpg

IMG_8739_zpsjtoloa4d.jpg

IMG_8740_zpsnazbgnaa.jpg

They presented us with the menu for the night. On the left side was the seven course menu where you could make choices for each of the courses. On the right side was the ten course option where they pick everything for you. At the time of dining the cost for the 7-course was $185 per person and the 10-course was $210. We went with the 7-course since we like having the ability to pick and choose and ten meals seems like too much since I'm stuffed at the end of seven. They give you a customized menu to keep at the end of the night.

We decided to order cocktails instead of the wine pairing (I am not a fan of wine). I looked over the options, but none of them were very appealing to me. I asked our waiter if they could create something new for me. They asked me what I liked and invented my very own martini. It had Titos vodka, pineapple, peach schnapps and I'm not sure what else, but it tasted amazing!

IMG_8741_zpsfs6cq5ni.jpg

Onto the food:

IMG_8742_zpsj2yzxbn6.jpg

The first course is an amuse bouche. It was chilled carrot soup with crab meat. I liked the crab, but wasn't really fond of the carrot soup. I think if it had been warm it would have tasted better. It was a very small portion, even though my picture makes it look huge.

IMG_8743_zpszmj3lfta.jpg

Our first of three bread courses was served next.
IMG_8744_zpshdlkwctq.jpg

It was served with it's own personal butter and pink rock salt. It was delicious!

IMG_8745_zps6zmrjhqo.jpg

IMG_8746_zpscrsohu5l.jpg

Up next was our second course. We both ordered the Colorado Bison with Black Garlic and Charmoula. This was amazing! Like a symphony in my mouth. Absolute favorite course of the evening. I wish there had been more of it.

IMG_8747_zpspzsuxjch.jpg

I wanted to demonstrate how amazing this course was by a finished plate. If I could have I would have licked the plate it was that good. (That kind of behavior in Victoria and Albert's is frowned upon)

IMG_8748_zpsg5busaru.jpg

For my third course I ordered the Seared Hokkaido Scallop with Melted Red Cabbage and Shallot Jam. All of this was delicious and paired wonderfully together.

IMG_8749_zps91gjyeul.jpg

My boyfriend ordered the Pumpernickel Crusted Troll King Salmon with Lemongrass Sabayon. Since we ordered different things for this course we shared some with each other. I am not a fan of salmon, and I loved this! That is when you know a meal was prepared perfectly.

IMG_8750_zps8gyzhrql.jpg

Up next was our second bread course. The butter and bread were both infused with herbs and tasted delicious. My favorite of the three.

IMG_8751_zpsegctmmzl.jpg

For my fourth course I ordered the Green Circle Chicken with Panisse, Fava Beans and Fresh Garbanzos. This was good, but probably my least favorite course of the night. I didn't really like either option for this course.

IMG_8752_zpshvz2faev.jpg

My boyfriend went with the French Quail with Rhubarb and Pomegranate

IMG_8753_zpsgspausdb.jpg

Last bread course for the night

IMG_8754_zpscnyzuc9g.jpg

For our fifth course we both ordered the Australian Kobe-Style Beef with Bordelaise Sauce. This was delicious. They had potato wrapped around braised beef to make it look like bone marrow.

IMG_8755_zps4rzr6dcu.jpg

For our sixth course we both ordered the assortment of cheeses. They bring this cart over to you and carve pieces of the cheese off onto a plate that has an item to pair with each piece of cheese. I didn't really like what was already on the plate, but loved all of the cheeses. Unfortunately, the names were not listed on the menu and I don't remember what they are now. I know one of them was gouda.

IMG_8756_zpswt9lsymz.jpg

A view of the room from our table.

IMG_8757_zpsdjcbmdqg.jpg

The finished cheese plate.

IMG_8758_zpsddiaqxce.jpg

This is the melted hot chocolate they poured over our final course of the evening, the Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Soufflé.

IMG_8760_zpsgk5mwjxi.jpg

There is also chocolate ice cream on the plate next to the soufflé

Since it was my birthday on my actual day I was a little sad they didn't put a candle on the dessert so I could make a wish. I asked if it would be possible if we could get a candle so I could do this. The manager, Boris said he would try his best and went into the back for a long time.

IMG_8761_zpsktzoei2l.jpg

This was brought out to me, my own personal birthday dessert that tasted amazing. I have no idea what was in it, but it made me happy they went out of their way to do this for me. Boris told me that the next time I come, if I wanted this to tell them when I make the reservation so they can be better prepared next time and do something better. He didn't like how last minute this was thrown together, but I loved it.

They also gave us a box of chocolates and fruit cake to take home with us.

It was an amazing experience with so much amazing food. I think this place is definitely something people should try at least once in their life because it is unlike any dining experience you will ever find anywhere. You are treated like royalty, waited on by two different servers and I love getting all dressed up.

Up next Cinderella's Royal Table...

Yum! I'm planning a trip with my husband for next Sept (2018... so far away!), cause it's my birthday and I want to eat at Victoria & Alberts...and now I want to eat there even more after reading your report--it looks so yummy! :)

Yum! I'm planning a trip with my husband for next Sept (2018... so far away!), cause it's my birthday and I want to eat at Victoria & Alberts...and now I want to eat there even more after reading your report--it looks so yummy! :)
It's amazing! When I went last September I never thought I'd be back so soon. Now my boyfriend wants to go every year for my birthday. It's truly an experience unlike any other

OMG - I've taken very close trips for birthdays too! Sounds like a super fun time, and maybe its just me, I'm not even much of a dessert eater, but free dessert is just better, especially free, celebratory dessert!

MAY 21th - SUNDAY
CINDERELLA'S ROYAL TABLE LUNCH

My original plan for the week was to have a relaxing, easy going trip. I expected to sleep in until at least 10am every day...well that never happened. One thing I had noticed with both of my hotel rooms was that the curtains did a terrible job of blocking any of the sunshine from entering our room. I'm a really light sleeper and light sensitive so this made it impossible for me to sleep in. On the plus side I was up at 6am and could actually make rope drop for Magic Kingdom this day.

I'm not a big breakfast eater, but my boyfriend is and I knew he'd get grumpy if we didn't stop for something to eat. We went to the quick service at the Grand Floridian, Gasparilla Island Grill, every morning of our stay there. I only ended up taking pictures one of our three mornings. But we ordered the exact same thing each time.

These pictures are from our last morning at the Grand Floridian. It was the only day of my trip I was actually really tired and could have slept in late. Unfortunately, we had to get up early to switch hotels so I sent my boyfriend to get breakfast and bring it back to the hotel room. The other mornings we actually ate in Gasparilla's.

IMG_9349_zpsxzyihyig.jpg

We both ordered the kids meals. One of the days I got the adult version, but it was way too much food. I had the breakfast sandwich: A buttered croissant with egg, cheese and bacon with a side of hashbrowns. The adult version is exactly the same except huge. My boyfriend had the kids Mickey waffles with a side of grapes.

IMG_9350_zpshcigz6dg.jpg

A close up of the breakfast sandwich

IMG_9351_zpsd0ixycsf.jpg

A close up of the waffles smothered in syrup

I liked this place for breakfast, but was not a fan of their lunch options. We never went in for dinner so I'm not sure what they had. Even though the parks were very crowded we never had to wait here to get food or check out. It was mostly empty both times I went inside and we were there at 7am and 9am. I'm not sure if it was busy or not on the third day since I was still snuggled in bed.

Since it was so crowded having our three fast passes were definitely life savors. I made two before lunch and one an hour and a half after lunch. Since we ended up making rope drop we got on most rides with little to no wait.

I made a 1pm reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table 180 days before our trip. I think this restaurant was the one that turned our quick vacation into a week getaway. I had never been inside the Castle before and whenever we would make trips close to the days there were never avails there. I was really excited to try this place, even though I had read many mixed reviews.

IMG_8824_zpsjuyickry.jpg

Cinderella's Royal Table is located on the second floor of Cinderella's Castle. Those big windows you see above are the restaurant.

IMG_8825_zpszfuy77in.jpg

One thing I noticed that is different about this restaurant and all others is the check-in process. Every other restaurant on property recommends arriving 15 minutes prior to your reservation. For this restaurant they don't want you in line more than 5 minutes prior and they held us in line until it was exactly 1pm. The couple in front of us had a 1:10pm reservation and they made them get out of line when they tried to check in. It can get really crowded in there since its a tight space.

IMG_8826_zpsnpjfei28.jpg

Little details I noticed on the wall while waiting in line.

Once we were checked in we were immediately taken inside.

IMG_8827_zpsihmnxyhf.jpg

I was so excited when these doors opened to let us in. Eating inside the castle was enough wow factor for me to be happy with lunch regardless how the food tasted.

IMG_8829_zpsfmaj2kok.jpg

IMG_8830_zpseuwlrmd0.jpg

IMG_8831_zpsg0vc61uy.jpg

Before going to your meal you get to meet Cinderella first. She does not appear upstairs in the dining room.

IMG_8832_zps5qx88c5j.jpg

IMG_8833_zpsipkkm3vw.jpg

IMG_8835_zpsx78sjakd.jpg

After taking our picture with Cinderella it was our turn to go up the winding staircase. (There is an elevator if needed). When we got to the top there was a little backlog of people standing in the entrance waiting to be seated.

IMG_8837_zpsxtahjn6n.jpg

IMG_8838_zpskjlmson5.jpg

IMG_8839_zps0w9renvm.jpg

I was a little picture happy when we finally entered this room. It took a couple minutes before someone came to seat us.

I'm not sure if it was because it was my birthday or they didn't have many tables for two, but we got an amazing seat next to the windows (we seemed to have really good luck where we were seated this entire trip)

IMG_8841_zpssw34l9iw.jpg

IMG_8842_zpsbhge2luk.jpg

IMG_8848_zps7jskow22.jpg

A close up of Beast's castle where Be Our Guest is located.

We had a really nice waitress (I don't remember her name) who was very cheerful and happy I was celebrating my birthday there.

IMG_8845_zps8fimvn43.jpg

IMG_8844_zpscynru3k0.jpg

This meal is prepaid when you book. When I had made the reservation I was not an annual passholder, so they credited 10% back to my card when I let them know at the restaurant that I was now. You get to choose an appetizer, meal, and dessert.

I went with the Soup of the Day which was corn chowder that day, Beef and Shrimp and Jaq and Gus for dessert.
My boyfriend had the same except for dessert he ordered the Clock Strikes Twelve.

IMG_8846_zpsmksm2vsu.jpg

They also gave us a sword and magic wand.

IMG_8847_zpsxi1dyhzi.jpg

If you wanted, you could order an alcoholic beverage. We decided to stick with water and I ended up ordering a Coke halfway through the meal (soda is included in price)

IMG_8849_zpsoqhjshp1.jpg

Our first course was served - Corn Chowder

I really enjoyed this. It had a good flavor, with just a hint of spice. There was candied corn on top that added a bit of sweetness for balance.

IMG_8851_zpsabq90kw1.jpg

Beef and Shrimp. I thought this tasted great too, although the carrots were really hard and probably could have been cooked a little longer. The steak and shrimp both tasted great and there are mashed potatoes hidden under there that went well with the meal.

Once the main meal was served there was a royal announcement that the princesses were coming. We lucked out with placement of our table as we were the second ones to be greeted in the lineup.

IMG_8852_zps948lmpgv.jpg

First up was Snow White

IMG_8855_zps7biosopn.jpg

Then Aurora

Jasmine and Ariel also met us. Ariel's fake blue contacts kind of freaked me out a little. I think Aurora was the nicest of the group.

It was now time for dessert. So speaking of my title for this Dining Report, my dessert was brought out with a free cupcake that had a candle in it. (I made a lot of wishes this week)

IMG_8864_zpsw1atilw5.jpg

So the cheesecake was served in a weird way, but actually tasted good. Those were strawberry shortcakes on top. The cupcake was vanilla, which is my favorite and I liked the blue icing. It was nothing special, but tasted great.

IMG_8871_zpsmt3gdsev.jpg

Boyfriend's dessert. He seemed to enjoy it.

IMG_8874_zps2giz2f5h.jpg

IMG_8875_zpsg9wjjdni.jpg

We stopped off at the bathrooms on our way out. These are located halfway up the winding staircase you enter and leave on. I don't think it's the best location for them since it's a narrow staircase and can get pretty crowded. I did find it amusing how there was about a pound of glitter on the ground of my stall, probably from the little princesses that were all dressed up.

IMG_8881_zpsjfukisvj.jpg

Had to get in last minute pictures while we were still inside the castle.

IMG_8883_zpsyocvbjcx.jpg

And the sad door that led us out of the castle. A little boy was leaning against it as I opened it and almost tumbled inside. Probably not the best spot for a break.

So my overall opinion of this restaurant is that it's great! I loved being inside the castle, meeting the princesses, and actually thought the food was pretty tasty. I was a little nervous reading so many bad reviews, but in my opinion this restaurant was 5 out of 5 for me. It's not a fine dining establishment, but I didn't think I wasted money or time being there and will one day go back. I think people should always try a restaurant they want, despite what reviews or people might say. Everyone has a different experience and a bad review shouldn't scare you away.

Up next... Le Cellier

Joining! I need to go back and read the rest but I finished your V&A review, what a wonderful birthday dinner! My DH really wants to eat there but I'm not a real adventurous eater and I'm afraid the greatness of it would be lost on me. I know I can talk to them about tailoring the menu so maybe it's in our future. We love Citricos and every time we go there he looks longingly at those frosted doors lol.
Looking forward to reading more!

Joining! I need to go back and read the rest but I finished your V&A review, what a wonderful birthday dinner! My DH really wants to eat there but I'm not a real adventurous eater and I'm afraid the greatness of it would be lost on me. I know I can talk to them about tailoring the menu so maybe it's in our future. We love Citricos and every time we go there he looks longingly at those frosted doors lol.
Looking forward to reading more!
You should give it a try. They will completely cater the menu to what you want. You tell them of any allergies you have and any food dislikes. I once read a review of a girl who only liked eating chicken and they made the menu to fit her wants. They are probably the most accommodating restaurant there is lol. I've also tried foods I hate normally and liked them there so I think they are good at really bringing out the best in food.

MAY 21th - SUNDAY
LE CELLIER DINNER
It was really hot when we were there. Like 95 degrees but feels like 100 everyday. After our lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table we had a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain. It had a 60 minute wait and we walked right now. Our plan was to head back to the hotel and swim for a little then get ready for our dinner. One problem we ran into was getting stuck on the wrong side of the 3pm fantasy parade. We decided to take the train back to the front of the park instead. I've never been on that before so that was a fun experience!

After a few hours of relaxing and showering we were all dressed up for our dinner at Le Cellier, which is located in the Canadian pavilion in Epcot. We hopped on the monorail to get there from Grand Floridian. The one downside to having them do security checks before you get on the monorail is you have to go through this process twice when traveling to Epcot. Also, the monorail drops off at the front of the future world part of the park and it's a long walk over to the countries. Our reservation was for 7:10pm and by the time we got there I was already sweating a lot from the heat that did not go away just because it was later in the day.

IMG_8967_zpsvedqxj06.jpg

This was both me and my boyfriend's first time eating here. We had decided to make reservations after having some of the filet mignon during the Food and Wine festival and loving it.

IMG_8971_zpsptgjhydp.jpg

The Flower and Garden festival was going on while we were there. It was so pretty everywhere.

IMG_8975_zpsvutjpe7e.jpg

IMG_8973_zps6j1oxtuy.jpg

That had running water like a mini waterfall, not sure if you can tell from my picture.

We checked in for our reservation a couple minutes early. They told us they were running behind by about 25 minutes and we could wait inside or outside for our name to be called. A couple ahead of us were trying to do a walk-up. I know this restaurant is very popular and times fill up. They were turned away since there wasn't any availability. I don't think I've ever seen a walk-up get into a hard to get restaurant before. My advice, look at the My Disney Experience app either that day or day before. Since people have to cancel a day in advance to avoid no-show charges you can grab hard to get dinners that way.

We opted to wait inside since it was a million degrees outside. There were rows of chairs lined up against two walls and one happened to be empty so I sat and my boyfriend stood next to me. They had a lady reading off trivia questions about Canada and awarding Mickey stickers to those who get them right.

IMG_9065_zpsnib3vbty.jpg

Also, about ten minutes into waiting they brought out trays of drinks to choose from. They had a non-alcoholic Shirley temple and an alcoholic drink. I went with the latter. The Drink was the Ottawa Apple, Crown Royal Maple Whisky, Apple Infusion and Cranberry Juice and tasted amazing. A couple minutes later they brought out more and I had a second one. I would say this was the best way to wait for a table ::yes::

IMG_8981_zpsxxutfmy7.jpg

Below is a picture of the menu with the drink listed:
IMG_9066_zpsyzhmnd0x.jpg

We were called to our table about twenty minutes after checking in. One thing I had read online for reviews of the restaurant was how close the tables were together. Believe those people, they are really really really close! Sticking to our good luck for tables we were seated next to a wall so we were only close to one other table. There were enough room to stand sideways between each table and there were four tables for two people in a close row.

IMG_8984_zpsiarrbbyy.jpg

Here's a picture to give you an idea how close we were to our neighbors. It was funny, the table next to us ordered wine and then a little while later two tables over from them they ordered wine. I was confused and asked my boyfriend why the waiter was asking them about wine when they had already gotten some. It didn't dawn on me this was from three tables over from us because it sounded like they were right next to us. It was a little distracting because you could hear the conversation pretty well of those around you and you had to tune them out to focus on your own conversation.

Has anyone seen the movie Valentine's Day? It reminded me of a scene in the movie where Topher Grace and Anne Hathaway go out to dinner and the table is one long giant table and you are an inch from your neighbor and he accidentally drinks the guy next to him's water. Pretty funny.

IMG_8983_zpsbmirlnef.jpg

I was given a menu that had Happy Birthday on it. It was not customized and could not be taken home, though.

IMG_8985_zpscz3hsi34.jpg

We were given two special buttons for Canada's 150th birthday celebration. We got one in England and in French. We have so many buttons now I'm not sure what to do with all of them. What do you do with all your Disney buttons after a trip?

Onto the food!

IMG_8986_zpsgymhbx5e.jpg

They bring out an assortment of bread and salted butter. The pretzel bread was the only one I liked of the three. We ordered a bowl of the Cheddar Cheese Soup to share and dipped the pretzel in it. They brought out a second basket of just that so we could have it with our soup which was nice.

IMG_8987_zpspjfgbc72.jpg

Close up of the bread basket

IMG_8988_zpskv95j9km.jpg

Close up of the butter. I wasn't really a fan of this butter, it tasted different from butter I am normally used to. :confused3

IMG_8989_zpsws37iisu.jpg

Our soup that we shared. It doesn't look too pretty, but it tasted great. Since we weren't that hungry I figured splitting it would be better than getting one for each of us.

IMG_8990_zpsqcmzytgv.jpg

Black Angus Rib-Eye. By boyfriend order this and said it was great.

IMG_8992_zpszg1rh9zz.jpg

Filet Mignon with mushroom risotto. This was amazing! I think one of the best steaks I had this trip. I had read mixed reviews on this place and had almost cancelled. I was really glad I hadn't. (My boyfriend wouldn't let me, this was his only choice for our restaurants).

We were both stuffed after dinner so we declined having a dessert. That didn't stop them from bringing out a free birthday dessert for me :)

IMG_8993_zpsr7avbzzp.jpg

Our waiter said it was a chocolate mousse (haha get it) from the kids menu. I thought it looked adorable. The antlers and birthday sign were made out of white chocolate.

That concludes our meal at Le Cellier. I thought it was really great and would definitely go back one day for a meal there. Our 7:10pm reservation also let us out in time for the fireworks, even with a twenty minute wait. We ended up not waiting because it was hot and a long trek back to our hotel. We ended up catching fireworks from Magic Kingdom as we rode the monorail, which was a nice surprise.

Up next our annual passholder sneak preview of Pandora...

MAY 22nd - MONDAY
PANDORA SNEAK PREVIEW

So this update is not entirely about food, but it will end with food so I think it counts :smooth:

My Disney obsession finally paid off when I stumbled across an article talking about an Annual Passholder sneak preview for the new Pandora land. I had only recently bought my annual pass and wasn't sure if it would let me sign up since it wasn't activated yet and I hadn't received an email about it in the first place. I was at work at the time and started going to multiple different sites trying to sign up. the first couple links it wouldn't work for me and I was starting to lose hope. Then I clicked on a link I found on a different forum when I had tried googling about it and that one worked! I even received a confirmation email, which I know many did not. A few hours later it was completely sold out.

It had been incredibly lucky because we got the last day for the preview Monday 5/22, the only day that would really have worked with our schedule and I picked the first time slot of 12pm-2pm. Originally this had been an Epcot day for us and we were going to go to Animal Kingdom on Thursday. I decided a week before the trip to switch our days and fast passes so that we would be in Animal Kingdom the day of our preview.

When we got there the park did seem a little crowded. The safari ride had a 75 minute wait at 10am. We had a fast pass for Dinosaur at 10:40am. Since we finished before 11am and all our other fast passes were for after our preview we headed over to the land to see if they would let us in early. We got there exactly at 11am and there was no line to get in and they let us in right away.

IMG_9082_zps23bp3r92.jpg

The signs for the new land were up, but the park maps did not show the land. They probably wanted to get rid of those before the official opening that Saturday.

IMG_9084_zpsxebtbuyx.jpg

I was so excited to get to see this land. We were leaving the day before it officially opened and I knew we weren't going back for a while so this was a great opportunity.

IMG_9087_zpsqqzwl3ah.jpg

They scanned our bands to make sure we actually had reservations for this preview and then we were allowed into the land.

I had been following pretty closing on this board about the previews. People had talked about waiting for the rides and ride breakdowns and issues on fitting on one of the rides. Lots of things made me nervous about going, but was also really excited.

First thing I noticed about this land, it felt about ten degrees cooler than the rest of the park. Before hand I had been dying, dripping sweat and using a fan to try and stay conscious from the heat. Once we were in here I didn't notice the heat at all. I'm not sure if it was because there were so few people or the new plant life hadn't created its own humidity ecosystem yet, but it was nice.

IMG_9089_zpslmna37g2.jpg

It really makes you feel like you transported to an alien planet.

IMG_9092_zpshxqokzeu.jpg

The floating mountains high above.

We went to the boat ride first. I was nervous about the Flight of Passage ride, would there be problems with fitting? My boyfriend is really tall, would I have motion sickness? I had felt a little dizzy after watching a video online. Since I was prepared for the worst with that ride I wanted to save it for last.

Na'vi River Journey: It is about a 4 minute calm boat ride that takes you through the world of Pandora at night. The wait time listed was five minutes, but really that was probably the walk time it took to get to the front. There was no one waiting in front of us. We were given the front row. One thing I noticed about these boats are they are small. They are only two rows and were built to fit two people comfortably, probably four people slightly uncomfortably. I can see this contributing to the wait times. A little surprised by this since it's a brand new ride and surprised how short the ride is.

But this ride is beautiful. It is so well done and I was pretty blown away with what I was seeing.

IMG_9102_zpschcrgorv.jpg

I tried taking pictures, but because of the boat moving and the darkness not many came out.

After this ride we went over to Flight of Passage. The wait time was listed as 15 minutes, but again there was no actual wait. The walk to get to the front of the line took a while. I could see how it could hold 4 hours of people. I don't think I could do that. Once to the front they send you to one of four different levels. The first time we rode this we were sent to the third floor. There is a room where you watch a video and I've heard there are different versions, but we rode three times and had the same video each time. After the first video you are sent to another room and watch a safety video.

It was the moment of truth. I was pretty worried and when we finally were seated and locked in with no problems I could finally relax. This ride was amazing! Somewhat like Soarin' but way better. Probably one of my new favorite rides at Disney. You are made to feel like you are riding a banshee and can feel it breathing between your legs. The ride lasts for about five minutes.

After the ride it let us out into the gift shop. I had wanted to buy a passholder shirt, but they were already out of many sizes which was a little annoying. We opted to not buy anything.

Since we had done both rides we did some exploring of the land.

IMG_9130_zpsqzalecsi.jpg

IMG_9131_zpsv5leuwgn.jpg

IMG_9154_zpsjsmzzsul.jpg

IMG_9164_zpsou6v9gjw.jpg

After doing some exploring we decide to ride the boat ride again. Once again there was no wait and we walked right one, this time sitting in the second row. When we got off we were approached by a cast member who asked if we would like to ride again. We said sure and he walked us over to the boats, telling us that he was going to take us on a personal guided tour. I think he did this partially because there was absolutely no one waiting in line, he might have needed to ride to make sure everything was working properly, or he just wanted to see how it was going.

I have to say this was pretty cool. He sat in the second row and told us all about the plant life we were seeing as well as the animals. He stayed in character, saying his family had moved to Pandora three years ago and had built these boats. It was a really fun experience.

After riding this ride three times we went back over to the Flight of Passage. I had asked if we could go through the fast pass line just to see how that was different. They said no, which I don't really understand since once again there was absolutely no wait for the normal line. This time we were sent to a room on the first floor. The ride was I think better on this level. Since each level is looking at the same screen you get a better vantage point when you are supposed to be flying low along the ground. It seemed more realistic when the other one felt too high up.

There were only four of us in this group (the room can hold 16 people, 8 on each side of a wall in a row) The cast member said she would put us closest to the wall in the middle with two on each side to give us the best view in the middle. There was another girl there that was celebrating her birthday. When the ride ended the cast member asked if we would like to ride again since it was my birthday and the other girls birthday. She moved the other two into our room to accommodate the new group of people coming in and we got to sit right back down (boyfriend and I didn't move at all).

The third time was just as amazing. I spent most of this ride looking for hidden things I might have missed the first two times. The one thing that stood out was at the very end if you look down to your right you can see a na'vi (that's what the people were called right?) eating a bird and spitting out feathers. I hadn't seen that my first two rides and was a cool detail that you had to actively look for to see.

At this point we decided we were hungry and it was time for lunch. (See! I promised you there would be food :))

We went over to the Quick Service that is located in the land of Pandora called Satu'li Canteen.

IMG_9129_zpsu0ezerft.jpg

There is an outdoor seating area as well as an indoor seating area.

You can order your food ahead of time, but there was no wait so we walked right in. We both decided on building our own bowls. You pick a meat, a base, and a sauce. We both got chicken and rice and I got a herb sauce and my boyfriend got a garlic chimichurri sauce. After ordering it took us barely a minute to receive our food.

IMG_9168_zpsuksn6pq8.jpg

Above is my meal, the chicken with herb sauce. Those little balls were filled with some sweet tasting liquid, no idea what it was. I think it was added to make the dish look more alien. The herb sauce was delicious! I was a little nervous about ordering it since it wasn't very descriptive and I didn't know what I was going to get. I think this meal was absolute perfection and I will definitely be going back.

IMG_9169_zps6e1ypb2s.jpg

Above is my boyfriend's meal. You can see the green chimichurri sauce at the top right. He said his was good too, but I liked mine more after tasting his.

IMG_9170_zpsjyhhsbbf.jpg

We got two cups of water with our meal since we were dehydrated from the heat. We ate inside since there was nice a/c.

After our meal we decided it was time to head out and explore the rest of the park before it started to pour later. We left around 2pm so we spent three hours in the land.

My opinion on the new Pandora land: I think this is a really well designed new land and I really enjoyed both rides, although Flight of Passage is a definite favorite. The quick service was great and I would definitely eat here again. I also heard they serve breakfast here, that wasn't open when we went. The land is small though and if the wait times die down it won't take long to do everything there. Personally I don't think the four hour wait times are worth it and would suggest waiting a few months for the hype to die down. Not sure if this land will remain as popular as the Harry Potter land was that Disney is hoping for. It is definitely worth a visit though and I will be back.

Up next...Dinner at California Grill

We did the Pandora AP preview on the 20th and we were much more impressed than I thought we'd be! Absolutely love FoP and I also love the margarita at Pongu Pongu :drinking1
Your CRT meal looks really good! We did breakfast there but with just boys I had to beg for that lol and the food was just average so I don't see us going back. The cool thing that day was that Aurora couldn't make is and Merida was there in her place; she's one of my favorites so I was excited!
We also ate at Le Cellier once years ago. We liked it except for the tables being so close :crowded: I always have it in the back of my head to go back but we don't get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!