Yes, another ticket question...

1derfultigger

FW Bound
I don't know why I don't just buy some park-hopper passes. I don't have any problem doing just that as long as I know we'll take advantage of them. Right now, though, our plan is to stick to one park per day as long as we can leave and re-enter and have been told we can do that.

However, it brings up another question. This is our first trip to FW so we are still a little unfamiliar and it's our first trip since '03 to WDW. From reading posts, etc. it sounds like there is a boat to goes from FW to MK but all other parks require bus or car - correct? Let's say we want to go to EPCOT one day and only have Magic Your Way tickets. Is there a way to boat over to MK and then Monorail to Epcot without a parkhopper pass? If not, that may be the deciding factor for me to spend the extra $150 or so to get the parkhoppers.

You don't need parkhoppers to use the monorail system, boats etc. We frequently use the boat to contemporary, monorail to TTC, then monorail to Epcot. All this can be done without a parkhopper, since you are not actually entering MK.

You can boat over to the MK, take monorail to TTC and catch the monorail to EPCOT. The boat takes you to the entrance ... you are still outside the ticket turnstiles though so you wouldn't actually enter the MK.

You could also take the boat to Contemporary and catch the resort monorail to the TTC and then transfer to the EPCOT monorail.

Disney transporation always drops/picks-up outside of the ticket turnstiles.

There are boats that go between Fort Wilderness and the Magic Kingdom,( with stops at the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge), Monirail betweeen Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and another boat between Epcot and MGM, with stops at the Disney Boardwalk, The Yaught and Beach club, and the Swan and Dolphin resort hotels. The only transportation to Animal Kingdom is by car or bus.:thumbsup2

There are boats that go between Fort Wilderness and the Magic Kingdom,( with stops at the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge), Monirail betweeen Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and another boat between Epcot and MGM, with stops at the Disney Boardwalk, The Yaught and Beach club, and the Swan and Dolphin resort hotels. The only transportation to Animal Kingdom is by car or bus.:thumbsup2

However, the OP doesn't have parkhoppers, so that would eliminate the boat between Epcot and MGM.

If not, that may be the deciding factor for me to spend the extra $150 or so to get the parkhoppers.

If you are a first timer to wdw and have young kids I'd save the $150.......

Running around trying to catch 2 or more parks is exhausting....:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter