Yes, another EVC question

MinnieVanMom

DIS Veteran
Sorry to even ask but here is the most common EVC questions again.

Where is the best and most cost effective place to rent an EVC at Disney. We are staying at BCV.

How do I get my mom, 74 who has broken her pelvis a few years ago, now she limps to use an EVC?

I don't want to waste my money but she is so stubborn!!!!! She can walk and for a long time but hours on the pavement will not make her trip magical. She will fight me on this one but I know she will have a better trip if she just uses the EVC when she is tired or to prevent her from getting too tired. She has stamina but limps very bad.

Hi and :welcome: to disABILITIES!

If you click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information, including where people rent ECVs.

Or, if you want an easier route, click on the link in my signature.

As far as persuading her, there are two options (try both). One is to pick a place that she normally goes to that is more than a mile from where she lives. Ask her if she would like to walk there. If she is still stubborn, say "and back?" And if she is still stubborn, say "three times in a row"!

You might mention that most people at WDW tend to walk 8-12 miles in a day, and one time around the World Showcase Lagoon Promenade is over 1¼ miles.

And then, ask her the following questions. Here are the suggested answers to go with them.

1. Are you disabled (even temporarily)? Yes.

2. Do the people you are traveling with, such as your family, know you are disabled? Yes.

3. Do you expect to meet anyone you know during this trip who may not know you are disabled. Probably No!

4. Do you expect to meet a bunch of people who you will probably never meet again in your life? Probably yes!

5. Is there any reason at all that you should care what these people think about you? Absolutely No!!

6. Will using a wheelchair or ECV make for a better vacation for you and your family? Absolutely YES!

Thank you Cheshire for your response. I will see what she says. God love her she is so stubborn that she just will refuse most help. I think it is part of the denial?

Before the weather turns bad I will take her for a 5 mile hike and see how she feels the next day. Then I will remind her of that each time she says no to an EVC.

I have read good things about Randy's but having one at the Boardwalk would be good. We will be at BCV.

Thank you for the welcome also. I have a child with autism and we are so lucky for the GAC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter