Yep you guessed it... Visa question?

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
People who have applied for a China visa, did you book flights/hotels before flying as requested?

I was originally going to do the 144 hour London > Shanghai > Hong Kong > London route but I now want to visit Beijing and Xi'an, so am going to have to bite the bullet. The worrier in me thinks its insane to book a flight without getting the visa first. Especially as you can't apply until 3 months out but I would never book a long haul that short notice.

Please ease my mind with your experiences.

Yes, we did. They actually ask for those documents when you apply for the Visa at the consulate. I wrote an article on all the hoops I had to go through, so you don't have to. :)

I just got our visas in the mail yesterday. We bought our flights about 8 months ago! A tourist visa is not likely to be denied, so long as you complete the application thoroughly. In fact, you will need to include proof of your inbound/outbound flights as part of the visa application process. (In addition to proof of hotel stays and intra-country travel arrangements.)

Overall, the visa application process was not as long and complicated as I expected it to be.

Yep - we've booked out hotels and flights but won't be applying for our visa for a few more months (we aren't going until November).

We are purposefully booking our flights so we don't have to mess with the visa. We were only planning on being in Shanghai less then the 144 hours so I found flights that avoided any layovers in mainland China prior to and after our time in Shanghai.

Great thank you! I'm the type of person who worries about being denied an ESTA because someone on Interpol's most wanted has the same name as me so the reassurance helps.

Decided to go Hong Kong first as flights are direct and cheaper then to Shanghai, plus if I don't get a VISA I can change my flights and return home within the 144 limit and save Beijing/Xi'an/Chengdu for another time. I am so excited to visit my final two Disney Parks!

That'll be awesome to have visited all of the parks. I will still have both parks in Paris, but we are actively discussing going in 2020.

Paris is so beautiful! As it's my closest park I'm a little biased but it has the best Big Thunder, Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor. Service and food are horrid though haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!