Yellow flies.....

jwo1976

Mouseketeer
What is the current situation on the yellow flies? I know a couple weeks ago people were complaining about how bad they were at the fort. But haven't heard any chatter recently. We leave in a couple days for our road trip down through Florida. First a few days in St. Augustine then onto a week at the Fort. We arrive there on the 21st.

I saw people complaining about them on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.

I don’t have them in Tampa, I only run into them at Fort Wilderness.

I’m checking in 2 days after you, so I’m hoping, for both our sakes, that they are starting to die down.

I'm in between @proudmoand the Fort and none around here either. I guess I've been lucky as I've never seen one before. We have the occasional horse fly but I had to look up yellow flies. Not something I'd enjoy having around.

No time to waste!
I kid you not, its the most fun you will ever have killing flys. This comes on every camping trip.
Got one! Cocked, locked and ready to rock! But I'm not allowed to shoot it in the house anymore.:rolleyes1😁
I'm in between @proudmoand the Fort and none around here either. I guess I've been lucky as I've never seen one before. We have the occasional horse fly but I had to look up yellow flies. Not something I'd enjoy having around.
Lucky you. But mosquitos don't bother me anymore. They land on me and bite but I don't get a bump, swell up or itch. Guess I grew out of that. Most things that bit don't bother me to much, just spiders and yellow flies. I swell and it festers and itches like nothing else. Usually get bit by a yellow fly atleast once each time we've come to the fort in the summer months. Last May they were everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter