Yeah!! Made it through my first day on Atkins!

gshoemate

<font color=blue>Wants to Talk to the Dolphins!<br
How cool is that....I wasn't going to start until I went grocery shopping on Wednesday and I woke up this morning and relized I had everything I needed.....eggs, fresh veggies, stuff to make salad dressing.....so why put it off.

I haven't craved much but I do find myself still hungry after eating. For dinner I had steak on the grill, steamed broccoli and a salad....and my tummy is growling. Hopefully this will pass.

I just had to share. Tomorrow I head to the Y for 2 miles on the treadmill and Yoga. I did find that I was very tired today, hopefully I will have the energy tomorrow to do everything that I have planned.

Thanks for letting me babble!!!:wave:

Yay Ginger! I'm not too far ahead of you (my 5th day on Atkins). My energy has steadily increased every day, and while I still experience some hunger after supper it seems to be getting better too. Hang in there...it is do-able! ::yes:: And just think, before too long you'll be out of induction and your options will really increase! :Pinkbounc

Ginger,

I'm with you. Today I re-started Atkins!! I set the date sometime last week and I am head strong this time!! I know I can do it as I have in the past and now with all the restaurants adding ATkins to their menu's I am in good shape...............

My goal is to lose 15 lbs. by April 1 and 30 lbs. by summer vacation!!!! I am just hoping it is realistic...........

Good luck and I will keep track of your progress........

Hi Ginger,
I am another Atkins follower. I have to say, I love this way of life. It is the easiest thing I have ever done! I wanted to let you know that you should NOT be hungry. If you are, have a snack. You can have cheese, or celery and cream cheese (if you haven't had all 3 cups of veggies) or some protein with a bit of fat. Don't make yourself go hungry, cause that is just asking for trouble. PM me if you have any questions.
Best of luck!

Good job! Each day will get easier until Atkins becomes your way of life. Don't forget not to let yourself get too hungry. That is when we become vulnerable to the carb monster. Eat a cheese stick or a few slices of pepperoni or turkey. Keep meatballs in the freezer, so you can zap them quickly in the microwave when you are hungry. Also, deviled eggs are a good standby. This diet is not calorie restrictive, so eat. Just make sure to eat the right things. Please, don't let yourself get hungry. Dr. Atkins would not like that..................;)

rbuzzotta----that looks painful.:o :crazy:

Congratulations! Before you know it you will be saying "I've made it through a week!"

I completely agree with Jeanne and A1A1 - don't go hungry! There is no need. What I try to do is to make extra protein at dinner. Two steaks, four pork chops, 4 burgers, etc. Then there is extra for you to have if you need it at that meal, extra for snacks, extra for breakfast or lunch. It really comes in handy to have extra meat cooked. I made a roast last week and had it for several meals after.

Good Luck and Keep Up the Great Work! :)

BTW A1A1 - do you have a good recipe for meatballs?

Meatballs: I used to make them with meatloaf mix (veal, pork, beef)--1 pound, 1 egg per pound of meat, fresh parsley, any other spices you like, shredded cheddar if you like it, and bread crumbs. I do not use the bread crumbs anymore, but there is a new low carb baking mix and also low carb bread crumbs. I haven't yet used them, but I did buy them. I have only made the breadless meatballs of late. I brown them lightly in a frying pan, then bake them. They can be thoroughly fried if you like.

You can also substitute feta for the cheddar and oregano for the parsley for a little bit of Greek flair.

Also, my grandmother always put parmesan cheese in her meatballs. I don't like a lot of it. She always measured it as a small handful per pound.

I am craving meatballs now.

A1A1,

Meatballs are one of my favorite foods. :) I have a really good recipe that I have used ever since I have been married, but it calls for about 2/3 cup of breadcrumbs and the same amount of milk for 1.5 pounds of meat. I would love to know how to substitite for the crumbs and milk. I will have to try one of lo carb products.

I have bought some frozen meatballs at the grocery store that are only 2 carbs per serving. I am going to give them a try when I am off of induction next week.

Thanks guys for all the kind words.....it's that late night snacking monster creeping up on me. But I was good and had some string cheese. I did accidentally put a potatoe chip in my mouth today when I was getting DS a snack, but I immediately spit it out. I just did it out of habit. And I just added frozen meatballs onto my grocery list. Good idea to have extra meat handy. Day 2 just around the corner!

Instead of the breadcrumbs would ground flaxseed or oatmeal be allowed on your diet? I have used oatmeal before and it turns out just fine, but you do not need much. As for the ground flaxseed, I have not personally tried it but a friend has and loved the nutty flavor it added.

KAT

I am starting week 4 right now I'm staying on induction a while longer....The yucky feeling should go away in a few days...now I have a lot more energy than I have in the past...And by the way I did cheat once in the last 3 weeks and had some french fries on my b'day then got really frustrated with myself but immediately started again and have been cheat free besides that one time for a month almost (which is very good for ME)
you can do it!

Best wishes to you, Ginger, as you begin your journey to a healthier lifestyle!:sunny: I'm sure all the Atkins experts are ready to give you all the help you need! Enjoy your treadmill/yoga workout--you'll be stronger and have more energy everyday! Go get 'em!::yes::

My grandmother never used milk in the mballs, but substituted water. You might want to try that.

Beware of the frozen meatballs. I always have them in my freezer, but most contain bread crumbs. There are Sausage Meatballs by Rosina that I don't think have breadcrumbs. You'd probably be better of making your own mini meatballs and freezing them.

Here's hoping Day 2 was just as successful as Day 1!!!

It has been so far for me..............can't wait to get rid of the headache though!!

Congratulations! Each day gets easier as you go along! You are doing wonderful!! Keep up the great work! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter