Yeah and it Smells Like Hotdogs...A January 2017 TR *Completed 10/27*

ashw100

DIS Veteran
Hello and :welcome:to my newest TR here on the DISboards. My family and I just got back from a week in the Disney bubble and I can't wait to share all of the delicious details. If you've read my TRs before, you know my kids are at a challenging age for vacations in general, and while there were some stressful moments, they were counteracted with heaps of pixie dust pixiedust: thanks in most part to Disney's wonderful cast members. This was by far our best vacation to date for our family and I hope you will join me in the retelling of our story. First some details for the trip.
Who:

Me

Mom, Disney travel consultant, and general Disney nerd. I spend my days at home with my two youngest and love planning Disney vacations so much, I decided to make a little cash from it. I have loved Disney my whole life and have been to all of the US theme parks. I have been spreading my Disney love to the rest of my family.

DH (Joe)

Joe did not grow up on Disney like I did, and while he is not a Disney nerd, he loves the parks and fully encourages all my Disney trips and planning. He is going back to school full time to earn his degree in business and works as a retail store manager at a sporting goods store.

DS 6 (Connor)

Connor is in the first grade, loves all things Disney and Star Wars, and is becoming a little Disney planner in the making. He even wants to be an imagineer for Disney when he grows up.

DS4 (James)

James is in preschool and really loves super heroes and princesses, especially Elena. He is a little mini me and I am sure in time he too will love Disney as much as the rest of us.

DS2 (Nicholas)

Nicholas is obsessed with all things Star Wars and Mickey Mouse. He loved meeting the characters and become quiet the thrill seeking on this trip.

My Parents

My mom and dad joined us for the first few days at the last minute. They both are indifferent to Disney but love spending time with my kids and jumped at the chance to do it once again in Disney.

What: A trip to Disney of course

When: January 21-28th, 2017

Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savannah view (rented DVC points)

Why: It was about time for another family trip, plus it was my birthday :bday:

Up next, I will give a little bit of the trip background before I dive into the TR. Thanks to anyone for following along:wave2:.

I just recently read through your Labour Day TR, so I'm REALLY looking forward to this one and seeing how things were better this time around. Can't wait to follow along with your boys' adventures from this trip!

I'm here! And Happy Late Birthday! Mine was the 25th, so we are birthday buddies! I can't wait for your next post to get started. Keep it coming.

:welcome:

Joining in! Glad to hear this trip was wonderful, especially considering your last trip!
Thanks, I can't wait to share it :goodvibes

Reading this alone left a huge smile on my face. I'm so glad to hear that this trip turned out well and I can't wait to see what happened!
Thanks, I was so expecting the worst and couldn't believe how much fun we had.

I just recently read through your Labour Day TR, so I'm REALLY looking forward to this one and seeing how things were better this time around. Can't wait to follow along with your boys' adventures from this trip!
Thanks for following along, this time was much better.

Joining in. :wave: I think I just finished reading your trip report with your mom.
:welcome:Glad to have you on board for this one too.

Read your last trip report, and excited to hear about this one...
:thanks:Hopefully you'll find this one just as good to read.

I'm here! And Happy Late Birthday! Mine was the 25th, so we are birthday buddies! I can't wait for your next post to get started. Keep it coming.
:bday: Mine was on the 22nd birthday buddies, I like it:lovestruc

Also joining in! We were there same time so I'd love to hear about this trip from a different point of view! (How about that WEATHER on Sunday!!!)

Also joining in! We were there same time so I'd love to hear about this trip from a different point of view! (How about that WEATHER on Sunday!!!)
Awesome hope you guys had a good trip. The weather was insane, we managed to miss most of it by luck, but it was scary seeing all the warnings.

Joining in! I've lurked on some of your previous TRs and loved them! Looks like we just missed each other at AKL...I was at Jambo house in a standard studio with rented DVC points from Jan. 28-30th.

Joining the fun!

In! Glad this trip went better for you!
Thanks, me too.

Following along!

Joining in! I've lurked on some of your previous TRs and loved them! Looks like we just missed each other at AKL...I was at Jambo house in a standard studio with rented DVC points from Jan. 28-30th.
Glad to have you on board for this one too. We loved AKL, hope you enjoyed it as well.

OMG we were there at the same time and we also rented DVC points!
That's too funny maybe we passed each other and didn't even know. Hope you had a nice vacation.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    475.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!