YC vs WL

Meg5348

Earning My Ears
Hi! Currently in a Disney mode and I’m trying to decide between staying at YC or WL. The trip is 11/7-11/11. We are planning to do MVMCP on 11/8 (if available), but would also like to do Epcot for Food & Wine. I orginally booked WL, thinking it may be decorated for Christmas. Sounds like it will not be. We have stayed at GF, so we are familiar with all the resort restaurants. I’m thinking switching to YC may be fun to explore a new area. The only hesitation I have is MVMCP goes late and we may be happier to be be close to MK. I’m starting to lean towards switching though. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!!

Hi! Currently in a Disney mode and I’m trying to decide between staying at YC or WL. The trip is 11/7-11/11. We are planning to do MVMCP on 11/8 (if available), but would also like to do Epcot for Food & Wine. I orginally booked WL, thinking it may be decorated for Christmas. Sounds like it will not be. We have stayed at GF, so we are familiar with all the resort restaurants. I’m thinking switching to YC may be fun to explore a new area. The only hesitation I have is MVMCP goes late and we may be happier to be be close to MK. I’m starting to lean towards switching though. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!!

We've stayed at both and they are both great, but, yes, proximity to MVMCP vs. proximity to F&W is a bit of a dilemma! Will you be visiting F&W multiple times? Will you visit DHS at all? If the answer is yes to either of those, I would probably lean toward YC. YC will also offer you a bigger room and a nicer pool.

We haven't stayed at the YC, but have stayed at the BC as well as WL. My choice would be the WL. We had a nice stay in the Epcot area, but we prefer the MK area and WL is one of our favorites. November could be hit or miss to swim, but we weren't wow'd by SAB. We also found the room sizes to be comparable. The BC/YC rooms are slightly larger than WL, but we didn't find there to be a noticeable difference. Good luck!

Thanks! I’m torn, but we are thinking maybe we will try and go to DHS to see Toy Story Land. Ambitious with 2 young boys, but we are thinking of doing DHS in the morning and MVMCP in the evening. Epcot the next day, so probably going to try the YC! Thanks for the advice!

Have your 2 kids seen Stormalong Bay yet? I stayed at BC on my 2nd trip to Disney (I'm guessing age 8 or so?) and it blew my brothers & me away. We were absolutely in awe of that pool. I vote YC!

Hey Meg & Your Gang .... We've stayed at both WL and YC. And just the other day I recommended to my "Work Wife", Tina, that she check out WL when she is down at WDW in late May. She and her two daughters are planning a huge family trip and taking the 5 grandkids. I recommended WL because it is an easy fun boat ride from there over to the Magic Kingdom. Also, as you know from GF .. at MK you can take the monorail to Epcot ~ one less bus to manage. Looking at your tribe's pic ... I'm gonna guess there will be a lot of MK time as well. (Does WL have bunk beds for the kiddos? ~ Find out.) Great "zero" entry pool at WL (but then Storm Along Bay at YC/BC is really awesome!!!). And the "feel" of WL is much more relaxed ~ not that it is "kid friendly" but far less "stuffy" than YC/BC. By comparison ~ YC feels more formal / more adultish like GF. I stopped in at YC/BC last June for my solo trip Character Breakfast and it still had that formal feel. Having said that ... DW and I are headed to the even more formal Swan/Dolphin for our anniversary in May (the architecture is the draw and Costco had a great deal). Why? Location / location / location: Easy boat ride to our Fave Epcot and boat ride to 2nd Fave Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk. You guys are gonna have so much Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!

The only downside of YC is that you may have a tough time pulling your kids away from the pool. When we stay at that resort, I make sure we have plenty of pool time! Seriously, my DH and DD could spend out entire trip there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter