• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yay!

Brightsy

Mouseketeer
Well, room's booked, my Momma and her pal have their plane tix. I'm going to the park tickets very soon! Now I just have to make a couple o' dining ressies.
My route is planned (two days, me an ADHD 10 yr. old son and an autistic 7 yr. old son...in a minivan... cross country... thank goodness for the dvd player)!
This'll be trip number 9 for me and trip #8 for the boys!!! I have to deivse a fun way to tell them.
Gotta get my checklist and WEEE!

Sara - Just tell them you will be taking them on a trip to the mountains. There are not many mountains on I-95. If either of them end up complaining tell them you are trying to find the mountains. When they get here you can tell them Mount Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, etc.

That's a good one. :-)
DH and I talked it over. We're gonna test Vinny with the big reveal. We know he's reading now, but it's unclear how well he's doing with it. His communication skills are still making it tough to tell how much he's actually reading and how much he's memorized and so on... so I'm going to give him an unmarked envelope with a letter in it:
"Dear Vinny, In August you, your Mommy and your brother Sammy are going on a trip! See you at Walt Disney World!
Love, Mickey"

The reason it'll be unmarked is because if there's a mouse-ear or anything like that on it he'll know without reading what it's all about. :-)
After he figures out the letter I'll bring out the Mickey Cupcakes or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter