*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Please indulge the whining that is about to commence, I'm feeling sorry for myself. :o

The hotel we stay in is one of the more important parts of any trip we take anywhere, in my opinion. We've been saving and saving to realize my dream of staying at Boardwalk with a boardwalk/water view, we already booked and did the down payment. I had to pay for a few dental procedures, we are paying for Micky's mom to come stay with us for a bit (plane tickets and all) and our vacations savings has gone down some.

So figuring in a 5-10% increase over what we booked at (guessing on what the 2020 rate will actually be), I'm starting to feel as if it's just going to be too much money. I don't want to go on vacation and be cash poor when we get home! And I don't want to feel guilty about spending so much money.

So now we are looking at Yacht Club garden view and it's almost $2000 cheaper for the same amount of time!!! Obviously we don't know the price yet for next year, but most definitely going to be way more affordable than Boardwalk Water View.
The Yacht Club is a great hotel (we've stayed at both Yacht/Beach before) and the rooms are renovated, I know it will be great, it's just I had my heart set on BW.

I know first world problems and all that...
Disney is getting so ridiculously expensive that even saving for 3 years isn't getting us what we want anymore. And there is a lot of talk of no AP discounts next year due to Star Wars and of course I purchased an AP for the first time for next trip. :rolleyes:

It's cheaper to go to the Caribbean for a week at this point.

Okay, got that out of my system. It will all work out in the end!!! :)

What about a split stay? Start at YC and then end your trip at BWV? We did a split stay once "on accident" due to a smorgasbord of issues but I would totally recommend this. Then you can save some money but also get a taste of what you really want.

What about a split stay? Start at YC and then end your trip at BWV? We did a split stay once "on accident" due to a smorgasbord of issues but I would totally recommend this. Then you can save some money but also get a taste of what you really want.

I like to settle in one place. In my mind split stays make the vacation seem shorter (I know that makes no sense).

We'll see. I love the Yacht/Beach so it's not really a hardship. I just think the prices for what we want will be too much for 2020.

Find out soon enough!

Oh please add me to the list! We just booked DVC at the Poly for May 2nd to the 9th. We have been in WDW for January, May and October, and May is always our favorite time. The weather is a nice hot (coming from Minnesota), and the crowds aren't too crazy yet!

This year will be a challenge, as we are bringing my sister's family and my Dad. I am a HUGE planner, so I feel it is never too early to plan! Although it will be challenging to accomodate everyone's bucket list, it will be refreshing to have our family "force" us out of our routine! Can't wait, and already working on the dining!

Oh please add me to the list! We just booked DVC at the Poly for May 2nd to the 9th. We have been in WDW for January, May and October, and May is always our favorite time. The weather is a nice hot (coming from Minnesota), and the crowds aren't too crazy yet!

This year will be a challenge, as we are bringing my sister's family and my Dad. I am a HUGE planner, so I feel it is never too early to plan! Although it will be challenging to accomodate everyone's bucket list, it will be refreshing to have our family "force" us out of our routine! Can't wait, and already working on the dining!

Nice! How many folks total are you looking at bringing? I admit I get anxiety just thinking about a big group at WDW. Just planning a 5 person family cruise made me bananas. Kudos to those of you who herd cats at the World!

We’re actually looking at similar dates; we gave our TA 5/2 - 5/11 and 5/29 - 6/7 to quote and are leaning heavily toward the first set. Looks like we’ll be at the Poly around the same time, on the second part of our split stay.

@kiddywhompus Hello there! :wave:

Welcome to our group! You are now on the list - first name!
Just so you know, I'm now chasing the kitties around the house singing "kiddywhompus, kiddywhompus" :rotfl:

@kylenne Just say when and I'll add you to the list too!

Have awesome weekends everyone!

We did have a trip booked for Nov 19 for my mum 70th but as she under going treatment we had to cancel.

So we’ve just re-booked from April 24th until May 4 - as this trip will take in my 10 year wedding anniversary and my Birthday. (It’s a special one)

Booked Staying at the Yacht Club and as it’s on offer in the UK; managed to get free dining.

Very excited as it’s my first time doing the Flower and Garden Festival.

Nice! How many folks total are you looking at bringing? I admit I get anxiety just thinking about a big group at WDW. Just planning a 5 person family cruise made me bananas. Kudos to those of you who herd cats at the World!

We’re actually looking at similar dates; we gave our TA 5/2 - 5/11 and 5/29 - 6/7 to quote and are leaning heavily toward the first set. Looks like we’ll be at the Poly around the same time, on the second part of our split stay.

We are looking at 9 people total. I feel a little better, since everyone has been to WDW before. My biggest anxiety is that I am a planner. I will even plan flex time! It seems everyone is fine with me planning, so that actually makes things easier for me.But, it is early in the planning, so I am crossing my fingers. I agree with the early May itinerary. Even then, it feels hot to me. I can't imagine what June is like!

@kiddywhompus Hello there! :wave:

Welcome to our group! You are now on the list - first name!
Just so you know, I'm now chasing the kitties around the house singing "kiddywhompus, kiddywhompus" :rotfl:

@kylenne Just say when and I'll add you to the list too!

Have awesome weekends everyone!
Thank you! OK, now I am curious. Is there a song with kiddywhompus in it? I had no idea...I just thought it was a fun word to say!

@k8Davies Welcome Welcome!!! :welcome:

I added you to the list. You get to be a part of two planning groups, April and May (we're the best ;)). We are really excited to experience flower and garden also.

Happy planning, stop by often!

Thank you! OK, now I am curious. Is there a song with kiddywhompus in it? I had no idea...I just thought it was a fun word to say!

It is a fun word to say and even more fun to sing! No song that I know of...in my head instead of singing "Willie Wonka, Willie Wonka" (the Tim Burton version), I'm singing "kiddywhompus, kiddywhompus".

Please don't ask me to explain myself, I truly can't. :rotfl::p

Just got confirmation last night that I got my DVC rental for the Polynesian! Step one down. Now just ten and a half months to go!

Great news!!! :banana: Do you want to be on the list for May?

We ended up officially switching over to Yacht Club from Boardwalk. The Yacht Club water view was significantly cheaper than the Boardwalk water view, so we had to be financially responsible. Yuck.
I'm disappointed, but that will go away as we go full in on planning.

Just got confirmation last night that I got my DVC rental for the Polynesian! Step one down. Now just ten and a half months to go!
Glad to hear you got the Poly! We are looking to rent points for my Dad to stay with us at the Poly. Was it a lengthy process ?
We ended up officially switching over to Yacht Club from Boardwalk. The Yacht Club water view was significantly cheaper than the Boardwalk water view, so we had to be financially responsible. Yuck.
You know, I have never really looked at either resort. We are creatures of habit, staying at Poly or Wilderness Lodge. Can I ask why you favor the Yacht Club or Board walk over the other deluxe resorts?

Glad to hear you got the Poly! We are looking to rent points for my Dad to stay with us at the Poly. Was it a lengthy process ?

You know, I have never really looked at either resort. We are creatures of habit, staying at Poly or Wilderness Lodge. Can I ask why you favor the Yacht Club or Board walk over the other deluxe resorts?

I also like Beach Club. :)

First and foremost, location!!! Being able to walk or boat to two parks. We always get hoppers and being able to walk into Epcot anytime we want to eat is priceless!

Then:

The hotels feel newer, crisper, cleaner, lighter, brighter and more airy.
The "feel" around the Epcot resorts is fun, lively and very vacationy.
Love hearing the sounds of Epcot.
Peaceful and very scenic.
The pool at Yacht/Beach is fantastic!
Love looking out at the lights of the Boardwalk at night or vice-versa.

We stayed at Polynesian in 2017. I have very fond memories of it from the 80's. While it's still a great resort, we missed the Epcot area terribly. Yes, you can see the Castle from the grounds at Polynesian but it doesn't have the same magic type feeling we have at the Epcot resorts. And we didn't find it super convenient to anything besides MK and we don't spend most of our time there.
I think I would have the same to say about WL, but I admit we haven't stayed there.

Most people like the MK area better, we just happen to love the Epcot area. :) I love walking in the front sliding doors to check in and out the other sliding doors to see this!

RWAVLI48967859.jpg
resorts29829849_LARGE.jpg
walkway-night-lamp-starbursts-yacht-beach-club-crescent-lake-disney-world.jpg

Great news!!! :banana: Do you want to be on the list for May?

I'm not on the list already? Sure, put me down. Seems like we're really doing it now!

Yacht Club sounds nice - I wouldn't stress over it too much. I consider myself lucky to be able to go back next year at all. The Poly, even at DVC rental prices, is kind of a splurge for us.

I had never rented DVC before so I didn't really know what to expect. We used one of the big companies out there for sake of ease. I'm a planner and like to get stuff done immediately, so it was a little stressful waiting when all I heard was, "DVC rentals are really busy right now", etc. I was in right at the eleven month mark, and it took nine days for it to go through. So all in all, not too bad.

I'm not on the list already? Sure, put me down. Seems like we're really doing it now!

Yacht Club sounds nice - I wouldn't stress over it too much. I consider myself lucky to be able to go back next year at all. The Poly, even at DVC rental prices, is kind of a splurge for us.

Added! I don't know your dates, so I just put early May. :)

I also like Beach Club. :)

First and foremost, location!!! Being able to walk or boat to two parks. We always get hoppers and being able to walk into Epcot anytime we want to eat is priceless!

Then:

The hotels feel newer, crisper, cleaner, lighter, brighter and more airy.
The "feel" around the Epcot resorts is fun, lively and very vacationy.
Love hearing the sounds of Epcot.
Peaceful and very scenic.
The pool at Yacht/Beach is fantastic!
Love looking out at the lights of the Boardwalk at night or vice-versa.

We stayed at Polynesian in 2017. I have very fond memories of it from the 80's. While it's still a great resort, we missed the Epcot area terribly. Yes, you can see the Castle from the grounds at Polynesian but it doesn't have the same magic type feeling we have at the Epcot resorts. And we didn't find it super convenient to anything besides MK and we don't spend most of our time there.
I think I would have the same to say about WL, but I admit we haven't stayed there.

Most people like the MK area better, we just happen to love the Epcot area. :) I love walking in the front sliding doors to check in and out the other sliding doors to see this!

View attachment 408637
View attachment 408639
View attachment 408640
Omigosh, I am now jelly over trying out the Epcot resorts! That totally makes sense, and sounds perfect for a getaway for me and hubby...without the kids! You're right, we do focus on MK with the kids, but walking to Epcot for morning coffee or dinner sounds amazing. There are so many restaurants, we have only scratched the surface. Officially added on my DIS-bucket list. Thanks for the great info. The pics were the perfect touch!

I had never rented DVC before so I didn't really know what to expect. We used one of the big companies out there for sake of ease. I'm a planner and like to get stuff done immediately, so it was a little stressful waiting when all I heard was, "DVC rentals are really busy right now", etc. I was in right at the eleven month mark, and it took nine days for it to go through. So all in all, not too bad.
Thanks for the info. I have heard the Poly gets busy, so I better get busy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!