*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

We have
Anyone plan to do any after dark events?

If Animal Kingdom has one (they did this past May), we will definitely be purchasing tickets for that! I don't think we would do another. Although if DHS does one, it may be the best way to get on all their rides. :)

I have to say, I thought more people would be booked for May by now! I usually travel in October and we are all chatting 14 months out!
I thought of doing an after hours but isnt May pretty low crowds? except memorial day. Im not sure itd be worth it. I want to book so bad and probably will very soon. This is going to be strange for me bc my husband wont know if he is approved to go in mid may 2020 until april 1st 2020. Ughhh if he gets denied well have to push trip back to week of fourth of July. He does not think it will be an issue as his work is usually very accommodating for vacations.

If Animal Kingdom has one (they did this past May), we will definitely be purchasing tickets for that! I don't think we would do another. Although if DHS does one, it may be the best way to get on all their rides. :)

I have to say, I thought more people would be booked for May by now! I usually travel in October and we are all chatting 14 months out!

If the MK DAH is still happening, we’ll probably pick that one. It would free up some other time for us on other days which would be nice. Plus if it continues to be on Thursdays, it would be our last night on this trip and a good way to go out

Yes, that’s how we plan to fit in Magic Kingdom. We actually moved our dates to include a Thursday hoping the schedule holders.

It seems like the discounts released today ere early for December booking times but maybe i am mistaken. Just makes me hopeful for some kind of discount to be released for us May ppl sooner rather then later. I have never booked without some kind of special offer. We plan on staying at a moderate so hoping for 20-25% off room cost.

So glad to see this! I am booked for May 2020 as well! :) We will be staying at ASMo, first time in an accessible room since we will be taking my elderly mom as well.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Wife and I booked our honeymoon trip this week (it will be three years after our wedding, but better late than never)! Staying at Beach Club Villas, May 2-8! This will be our first trip to WDW with just the two of us! The countdown has begun!

Hey, anytime is a good time to celebrate! Welcome to our May group and you've made the front page!

So glad to see this! I am booked for May 2020 as well! :) We will be staying at ASMo, first time in an accessible room since we will be taking my elderly mom as well.

Fantastic! Do you have dates you'd like me to add to list?

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hey, anytime is a good time to celebrate! Welcome to our May group and you've made the front page!

Fantastic! Do you have dates you'd like me to add to list?
Yes, we will be staying from May 17, 2020 to May 22, 2020. Mom and I are booked. We're hoping to make it a family trip with my DS and wife from California and my sister and her husband. This is the last thing on mom's bucket list (she's turning 85) and hasn't been since the early 90's!

LOL, I was thinking the same thing - it was 90 in NY as well! I was hoping that going in early May would cut down on some of the humidity at least, but I guess we'll find out.
We almost always visit mid-late September. May can't possibly be as humid as September, can it?? Last visit in 2017, humidity was at 100%! Also, it doesn't rain as much in May, correct?

We almost always visit mid-late September. May can't possibly be as humid as September, can it?? Last visit in 2017, humidity was at 100%! Also, it doesn't rain as much in May, correct?

I think generally this is correct, though it's hard to bank on weather. When I looked at our timeframe this year in preparation for booking, it seemed like mid-upper 80's, though I don't think as humid as the real summer months. I imagine September is brutal weather wise but good crowd wise?

How far in advance would we know what Disney after hours events are going on in May?

This thread (and others like it) is a handy reference for past announcements:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-magic-kingdom-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/
According to that thread, the May dates weren't announced until 3/28 this year. So if you wanted, say, 5/2, you wouldn't have had confirmation until just over a month ahead of time. On the other hand, the March and April dates were announced 11/15/18, so I don't know if we can glean anything from this when looking at next year.

So I'm thinking about our trip today (because what else would I be doing at work?) and I'm mapping out parks days. I know, it's too far in advance but I like to have a skeleton of a plan to work with. Currently I have Epcot on Sunday, 5/3. That will be within Flower & Garden, which is one of the reasons I wanted to go at this time of year in the first place. But it is a Sunday. I know the rule of thumb for Epcot on weekends during festivals, but Flower & Garden is no Food & Wine. Plus I suspect Epcot will be the least crowded park overall by that time (SWGE in full effect, the construction in Future World, etc). Should I have any reservations about doing Epcot that day? The likeliest park to switch with it would be AK, but I was hoping to have that later in the trip to give myself more FOP FP options.

So I'm thinking about our trip today (because what else would I be doing at work?) and I'm mapping out parks days. I know, it's too far in advance but I like to have a skeleton of a plan to work with. Currently I have Epcot on Sunday, 5/3. That will be within Flower & Garden, which is one of the reasons I wanted to go at this time of year in the first place. But it is a Sunday. I know the rule of thumb for Epcot on weekends during festivals, but Flower & Garden is no Food & Wine. Plus I suspect Epcot will be the least crowded park overall by that time (SWGE in full effect, the construction in Future World, etc). Should I have any reservations about doing Epcot that day? The likeliest park to switch with it would be AK, but I was hoping to have that later in the trip to give myself more FOP FP options.

I'm also skeleton planning today! We may do Epcot on a Sunday (among other days) I'm not worried. :)

So writing out my plan (I like to watch it change over time)

Wed night - Epcot with Biergarten dinner
Thursday - MK morning/early afternoon, pool/relax, Boathouse dinner, then back to MK for DAH if offered or just until close
Friday - relax morning, then AK with Boma dinner around 8 or so
Saturday - pool/relax, Epcot afternoon to close with La Hacienda De San Angel dinner
Sunday - pool/relax, DHS or Epcot afternoon to evening - Yachtsman dinner
Monday - DHS all day/evening - Wine Bar George dinner
Tuesday - either AK, pool, back to AK for DAH and Nomad for light dinner or pool, then AK later afternoon to close with Nomad for light dinner.
Wednesday - MK, pool, dinner at hotel, possibly Toledo
Thursday - last full day, maybe DHS and Epcot, dinner out of pocket, not sure where
Friday - home to get our kitties!!! 😍

Feel free to critique!

Last edited:

It's soup here in Chicago today. We were out walking for about an hour. Yeah, if it's like this in May it will be hot/sticky/gross, but you can duck in and out of stores to cool off, go to the pool, eat at a sit down. You'll be fine! :) The rain - one year it seemed the month of May was rainy, one year it seemed they had no rain. I'm going to choose not to worry and just pack my cute little rain jacket!

I think generally this is correct, though it's hard to bank on weather. When I looked at our timeframe this year in preparation for booking, it seemed like mid-upper 80's, though I don't think as humid as the real summer months. I imagine September is brutal weather wise but good crowd wise?
Crowds were on the moderate side but very manageable when we went. We did the Halloween party, that was probably the most crowded I saw it.

it's heat wave time here in NH too, high 90's to low 100's for the next 2 more days! Looks like it is extending all the way west!

it's heat wave time here in NH too, high 90's to low 100's for the next 2 more days! Looks like it is extending all the way west!

Same, we have an excessive heat warning where I live and it’s supposed to be even hotter tomorrow so I’ve just been inside using these two days to plan for my Disney vacation in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!