*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Farro

Argh.
Why don't I just go ahead and make this official. ;)

Welcome May 2020 Adventurers!!! :flower1: :rose::flower::butterfly:daisy:

So I'm Farro and that's Micky with me in my avatar and we are headed back to Disney in May 2020! I did the official October thread for our trip in 2017 and it was such a fun way to pass the time! I know these threads don't get the action they used to, but I love them anyways! :p

Please feel free to use this thread anyway you see fit! Talk, plan, gossip, laugh, cry (don't cry) and have fun! If you can think of anything else that would be useful in the first post, feel free to let me know and I can add it.

Flower and Garden Festival!!!

March 1 - June 1 2020
New for this year will be Remy topiary featured in the NEW Ratatouille Garden at the France Pavilion. According to Disney, “this delicious new garden will be planted with veggies used in a ratatouille recipe.”

I think this website is great for festival planning: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...cot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/
Garden Rocks!!!
Keep and eye on this website for updates to the scheduled music acts during the festival! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/garden-rocks-concerts-and-dining-package-information/Full list of acts on this thread! https://www.disboards.com/threads/garden-rocks-2020-to-really-rock-the-showcase.3782675/

Festival Food Booths/Menus!!!
This site will have updated menus for all the festival food booths! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival-booth-menus-and-food-photos/

Disney After Hours May Dates! Extra hours after close (at cost)
Will add date and prices as they become available

DHS:

MAGIC KINGDOM:

Disney After Hours Dates/Price (regular Disney After Hours)
5/5, 5/11, 518 and 5/25
$129 per person (advance purchase)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/magic-kingdom-after-hours/
Villains After Hours Dates/Price (note, this is the
Villains After Hours not the regular Disney After Hours)
5/1, 5/8, 5/14, 5/22 and 5/29
$145 per person (advance sale)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-villains-after-hours/

ANIMAL KINGDOM:
Disney After Hours Dates/Price
5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/19, 5/26
$129 per person (advance sale)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/animal-kingdom-after-hours/

Pre-Trip Reports!

Here is a section where I will link to our May Adventurer's pre-trip reports from the Pre-Trip Reports and Plans board! If you would like yours linked, just let me know!

acciobrain - How in the world am I going to keep this to myself?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-to-myself-ptr-may-2020-updated-2-26.3733140/

CoffeeKitten - First Trip May 2020: POFQ and Lots of Character Meals https://www.disboards.com/threads/first-trip-may-2020-pofq-and-lots-of-character-meals.3779271/

DMGeurts -Sew, off we go - on another mother-daughter adventure! May 2020?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/sew-off-we-go-–-on-another-mother-daughter-adventure.3779388/#post-61270723

***New Attractions for May!!!***:

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway opens 3/4/20!!! (DHS)
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...en-march-4-2020-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/
Mickey Shorts Theater March 2020 (DHS)
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...buts-march-2020-in-disneys-hollywood-studios/
New Epcot films!:
Canada Far and Wide
Awesome Planet
Beauty and The Beast Sing-a-long!

***Refurbishments during May***:
Swiss Family Treehouse - 4/27-5/3
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 5/4-5/21

***ALERTS***:
Dapper Days at WDW - May 1-3 (May 2 DHS, May 3 Epcot)
Animal Kingdom will be closing at 6:00 pm on Wednesday 5/6

Here are some great planning threads from these very boards! These contain TONS of useful information:

From the Disney Rumors and News Board, rteetz has a great thread (among many) about all the construction projects currently happening right now at the World - completions, expected completion and lots of commentary from other posters

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...orldwide-read-post-1-updated-2-23-19.3475627/

These next two are from the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies Board.
Robo's thread on everything you ever wanted to know about tickets. Lot's of great questions/answers.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/

And mesaboy2's thread discussing everything fastpass +! Again, great information and you can ask questions! https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

***************************************************************************************************************

And here it is, The May Adventurers Trip List! Just post in the thread your dates and where you are staying (if you'd like) and I will add you to the list.

So, it's early but I'll kick off the list with...our trip!

MAY ADVENTURERS! :beach:

k8Davies - 4/24 - 5/4 Yacht Club

jphilhower - 4/28-5/7 Shades of Green
Wishfuiiy - 4/29-5/4 Pop Century
spanishbilly - 4/29-5/10 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Penny McMouse - 4/30-5/7
NeeseyL - 5/1-5/9
SJMajor67 - 5/2-5/8 Beach Club Villas
Roscoe18 - 5/2-5/8 Polynesian Village DVC
kylenne - 5/2-5/11 Polynesian Village
kiddywhompus - 5/2-5/9 Polynesian Village DVC
SMRT-1 - 5/2-5/12 Swan
shairpdrh - 5/3-5/8 Copper Creek Villas
Sargeant Tibbs - 5/3-5/8
lobolabo - 5/3-5/9 Pop Century
SM1992 - 5/3-5/9 Riviera
J-Dog - 5/3-5/12
CoffeeKitten - 5/3-5/15 Port Orleans French Quarter
tharoberti - 5/4-5/9 Pop Century
tzeitel - 5/4-5/13 Dolphin
acciobrain - 5/5-5/10 Art of Animation
Bethipooh4 - 5/5-5/12
Farro - 5/6-5/15 Gran Destino Tower, Coronado Springs
Lb2018 - 5/7-5/10 Boardwalk Villas
RolloTomasi - 5/8-5/12 Wilderness Lodge
Mennamachine - 5/9-5/15 Pop Century
bsmnt - 5/9-5/16 Villa Grand Floridian
Tessaf - 5/9-5/17 Grand Floridian
WyoLars - 5/9-5/17 Copper Creek Villas
micky916 - 5/9-5/17 Port Orleans French Quarter
Greg36 - 5/9-5/23 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sam33 - 5/10-5/16 Beach Club
Bowen Family - 5/10-5/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House
LilMrsTee - 5/11-5/18 Pop Century
smallworldnh - 5/11-5/22 All Star Movies
BambiAndThumper - 5/11-5/22 Port Orleans French Quarter
HausofDisney - 5/13-5/17 Pop Century
hsmamainva - 5/15-5/24 Off-site
sixcats - 5/15-5/24 Boardwalk Villas
Mmouse1588 - 5/16-5/24 Port Orleans Riverside

sapphirerose915 - 5/17-5/22 Caribbean Beach Resort
Helvetica - 5/17-5/22 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani
MrsTurnerLovesDisney - 5/17-5/24
BaxterSaysMeoww - 5/20-5/26 Pop Century
katemusical - 5/22-5/31 Wyndham Garden Disney Springs
Karl66 - 5/23-5/31 Old Key West
Logandisney - 5/24-5/29 Beach Club
KrazeeK120 - 5/24-5/30 Gran Destino Tower Club Level
meeshy79 - 5/25-6/9 POP/Animal Kingdom Lodge
Magic2000 - 5/26-6/5 All Star Movies
hbentleyIII - 5/30-6/6 Caribbean Beach Resort
ArielSRL - 5/30
Riviera
tinkerbelletreasure - 5/31-6/4 All Star Music
fely1st - 5/31-6/4 Beach Club
DMGeurts - TBD Shades of Green

I'll be hanging around, passing the time...:fish:

Last edited:
I'm still deciding between May and June for 2020.

You guys will love Boardwalk. It's one of my favorite places to stay. I love the creepy/vintage children shaped chairs in the main lobby haha

I'm still deciding between May and June for 2020.

You guys will love Boardwalk. It's one of my favorite places to stay. I love the creepy/vintage children shaped chairs in the main lobby haha

I love those chairs!

Every time we walked along the Boardwalk I'd always be jealous of the people who had rooms with that view, now we get to stay there! We normally stay across the pond at Yacht/Beach. I'm sure we will love just as much. :)

Come back if you decide to book in May!

I love those chairs!

Every time we walked along the Boardwalk I'd always be jealous of the people who had rooms with that view, now we get to stay there! We normally stay across the pond at Yacht/Beach. I'm sure we will love just as much. :)

Come back if you decide to book in May!

I loved being able to walk to EPCOT in like 15 minutes. Even after I checked out on my last day there in Dec I hopped over to EPCOT for a few hours before Magical Express was taking me away

2020 is going to be at my home resort (Poly) so I can book 11 months out. Waiting til the 7 month mark to get Boardwalk would be a nightmare with how close it is to HWS and Galaxys Edge being opened.

That's definitely why we just booked our room now. I know price will go up when 2020 prices come out, but i feel better know we have our room booked. Then we just need to buy tickets.

When people find out you can walk to DHS from the Epcot resorts I have a feeling they will book up quite fast when Galaxy's Edge opening is even just announced!

That's definitely why we just booked our room now. I know price will go up when 2020 prices come out, but i feel better know we have our room booked. Then we just need to buy tickets.

When people find out you can walk to DHS from the Epcot resorts I have a feeling they will book up quite fast when Galaxy's Edge opening is even just announced!

And factor in the gondola system being up and running by then as well - nightmare lol. Boardwalk is definitely my favorite for getting around. I love moving so I would rather walk then be cramped onto a bus. I also really enjoy the boats there.

If they still have them, make a note to get a doodle muffin from the bakery there. So. Good

Yay I needed to find a planning thread! Not officially booked but planning for May 22nd-30th????

Last trip was week after Thanksgiving 2017 stayed at AKL it was an amazing trip to celebrate DD1 turning 3. Well now we have added DD2 who will be 20 months old in 2020.

Plan is to stay at French Qtr unless some amazing deal comes out for something else. Super excited and want to plan but also want this to be more low key than last trip. Last trip we had the dining plan with a sit down meal every night a little much for us.

@MrsTurnerLovesDisney Welcome Welcome!!!

We last went in October of 2017, so we are excited to have booked! And looking forward to being there for Flower/Garden.

I really can't do much in the way of planning right now as I would seem...insane...but I may or may not have a notebook sitting next to me with names of restaurants we will want to try. :upsidedow

I can make this the official thread when a couple more of us show up?
I love to do it, helps pass the time.

@MrsTurnerLovesDisney Welcome Welcome!!!

We last went in October of 2017, so we are excited to have booked! And looking forward to being there for Flower/Garden.

I really can't do much in the way of planning right now as I would seem...insane...but I may or may not have a notebook sitting next to me with names of restaurants we will want to try. :upsidedow

I can make this the official thread when a couple more of us show up?
I love to do it, helps pass the time.

I have Google Docs and Trello Boards for all my trips through end of 2020. Guess I'm crazy :D

I've never booked this "early". I've booked this far in advance for October trips, but the packages were already out.

I had to book room only over the phone for May. Everything is wonky! It says my magic bands will be picked up at resort instead of being shipped, but I can still customize them. MDE app won't even link the resort reservation.

It's all weird, but I'm just gonna chalk it all up to the new pricing not being released yet and that magically everything will fix itself when packages come out in June.

Right? :)

Hi! No planning taking place yet, but just bumping this once a week in case we find anymore early trip planning warriors!!! :rockband:

Bought an AP!!! We decided to buy just one for our 10 day trip and the other ticket will be a regular park hopper. It doesn't start counting down to expiration until we activate it in the parks. It includes memory maker (which we always buy), souvenir discounts, 10% off dining with the option to buy a Tables In Wonderland card which would be 20% off dining and hopefully I can take advantage of AP resort discounts!

Renting points for first week of May. Hoping to stay 4 nights at Beachclub and 4 at Animal kingdom. Long way away but still very excited.

I think I may lurk in here a bit. We are taking my daughter next year for graduation. I’m thinking right after school ends to maybe beat some of the early summer crowds in June. I’ve never been in May. When does the summer crowds jump up? I think she should be out of school by May 17th barring any snow days.

I think I may lurk in here a bit. We are taking my daughter next year for graduation. I’m thinking right after school ends to maybe beat some of the early summer crowds in June. I’ve never been in May. When does the summer crowds jump up? I think she should be out of school by May 17th barring any snow days.

I think around the 17th would be great! It will be hot, but from what I've been reading the crowds don't really start to pick up until Memorial Day. The weekend in May are more crowded, but really, all the time is now! :)

Yesss! Hello! I so needed this! I have a pre-trip report going on those boards but I'm not board-savvy enough to know how to link it here. :oops: We'll be going 5/5 - 5/11 (I think) and staying at Art of Animation. I'm so ready for it to get here!

Yesss! Hello! I so needed this! I have a pre-trip report going on those boards but I'm not board-savvy enough to know how to link it here. :oops: We'll be going 5/5 - 5/11 (I think) and staying at Art of Animation. I'm so ready for it to get here!

Yay! I'm not alone in my crazy! :)

Welcome and I will add you to list later this evening.

I think have a pre-trip report section in the first post is a great idea and I think other posters will love to read them while planning for their own trips.

All I do to link is copy the address in the address bar- I can find your report and link it for you in first post if you want? What's it titled?

All I do to link is copy the address in the address bar- I can find your report and link it for you in first post if you want? What's it titled?

Aw thanks! It's "How in the world am I going to keep this to myself?!" I'm trying to update weekly to pass the time and to organize my thoughts but it might be a challenge to have like 60 different topics. I think this board might help me share my excitement with the world. :hyper:

Aw thanks! It's "How in the world am I going to keep this to myself?!" I'm trying to update weekly to pass the time and to organize my thoughts but it might be a challenge to have like 60 different topics. I think this board might help me share my excitement with the world. :hyper:

Added to first post, I think this will be a fun section! :)

So I'm crazy. I think you figured that out already.

I was browsing Etsy and saw these Flower/Garden ears. There was ONE pair! I jumped on them. So I now own a set of ears that I won't be wearing for over 14 months. :o

But I'd say they are worth it!

Resized_IMG_1376.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!