*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Joining the fun!! We'll be going May 3-9, staying at Riviera with our DVC points. Our focus is Galaxy's Edge, probably 2 days at HS, since wife is a HUGE Star Wars fan. Reservations made for Ogas Cantina and 50's PTC, and our Magic Bands arrived today.
Can't wait!

Nice!! We have a big May the 4th planned in Galaxy’s Edge ourselves. You guys will love it. I went for the first time over Vets Day weekend and the incredible level of detail blew me away. I’m really curious about the Riviera, I passed by on the Magical Express and it looked so gorgeous from a distance.

Just booked a 1st anniversary trip for me and my wife! She's never been. May 9-15, Pop Century. We're getting there late the 9th and starting Sunday the 10th at MK with CRT! I haven't been in about 5 years, and I'm super excited for all the new stuff. :)

Welcome to the thread! Man, what a way to start off a first trip to WDW! Last year we had dinner at CRT and went in thinking it would be a one and done, but we loved it so much it has to be tradition now lol. We are going for an early dinner on 5/8, before we attend Villains After Hours. There is just something so special and magical about eating in the castle. And we enjoyed the food a lot.

I just found this thread! Please add me - May 24-30, Gran Destino Tower Club Level!

We aren’t going for any specific celebration - this timing just works between the end of the school year and the start of summer activities for my 4 year old. I guess we will be celebrating the end of his first year of preschool!

I just found this thread! Please add me - May 24-30, Gran Destino Tower Club Level!

We aren’t going for any specific celebration - this timing just works between the end of the school year and the start of summer activities for my 4 year old. I guess we will be celebrating the end of his first year of preschool!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I've added you to the list! :)

@Farro
What a beautiful decoration. It looks loke your cat loves it too. So sweet.:ccat:

Thanks! We weren't sure if we were going to decorate this year after losing Cashew. He was always the one that loved it all the most, "helping" us decorate, playing with tree. So we decided to change it up a bit and put the tree in a different place. It was sad getting out all the decorations, but then Walnut zoomed in and started tearing everything apart, playing with the ornaments and now has taken up residence under the tree! :p

Bittersweet this time around. We adopted them on December 19 2015. We didn't even have Cashew for a full 4 years before he died. :(

But life goes on and Walnut is clearly enjoying the tree! :rotfl:

Hey everyone! Hope your Thanksgiving was great! If you don't celebrate, hope your weekend was great!

So I've done zilch in the way of planning, but sure did decorate! Here's our decorations.

Show yours!

View attachment 455837View attachment 455838View attachment 455839View attachment 455840

We hosted Thanksgiving this year. It was a lot, but I'd much rather host than attend.
All I've done to decorate is put up the tree. Had to see how Rodney would act with it since it's his first Christmas. He thinks it's cool. 😂

I've been rethinking some of the May dining since discussing the June trip with my cousins. Haven't decided anything though.

So excited I found this board! We are going for our very first time May 24th-29th, staying at Beach Club. I am having so much fun planning and learning all things Disney!

May is so happy to you have you!!! :flower1::flower1::flower1: You are on the list!

Added new sections to first post announcing things that will be opening in 2020 in time for our May Trips!

Also added a refurb section which sadly will be filling in soon I'm sure.

The latest update on Remy still says “summer 2020”, so I’d guess that one won’t be open when we’re there

The latest update on Remy still says “summer 2020”, so I’d guess that one won’t be open when we’re there

We go early May so I hope it's not until well into June, less heartbreaking for me than late May!

Any ideas why AK is closing at 6PM on the 6th? The restaurants in the park have availability after 7PM

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter