*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Wow! Galaxy's Edge opening on 8/29 is fantastic news!!! Not because we are planning to go then, but because it gives all of us May crazies 9 months to watch, wait and plan! And learn from other's successes and failures, plus hopefully crowds die down by then. :)

Checked with my daughter last night and she should be done with school just a few days before Memorial Day next year. Trying to decide if it would be insane that day even if we plan for another park besides HS. But it would be nice that my SO and I would both already be off so less vacation days used.

Checked with my daughter last night and she should be done with school just a few days before Memorial Day next year. Trying to decide if it would be insane that day even if we plan for another park besides HS. But it would be nice that my SO and I would both already be off so less vacation days used.

I know Memorial Day gets crowds, but I don't think as much as compared to Columbus Day or Thanksgiving or anything.

I know Galaxy's Edge will be a huge impact on crowd levels, but I'm not going to panic. I figure we have 9 months after it opens. No one knows how it will be by then. :)

It’s the President’s day crowd that has me freaked out about Memorial Day. That was nuts from what I saw.

I think, with Galaxy's Edge opening, you may just have to pick something and go with it! I'm pretty sure it will just be crowded all the time. If you expect it, it won't seem so bad! :p

Hi! We are hoping to go mid-May at Beach Club if we can. I’ve stayed at Yacht and Boardwalk so I want to complete the trifecta :D
I just had my first baby 4 months ago and so far I’m planning on leaving her home with dad :scared: (she’ll be 1 1/2 by May 2020). Me and my mom have been doing trips together for years and I’m not sure we’re ready to throw a toddler in the mix haha! I have a feeling the closer we get the harder it will be to leave her behind. We’re so excited to take her to Disney eventually but boy do we love our current low-key trips!
Any tips on taking toddlers? My mom has a newly diagnosed heart issue so we are already cutting out a lot of the rides we can’t take babies on, anyways. Seems silly not to take her while she’s still free!

Hi! We are hoping to go mid-May at Beach Club if we can. I’ve stayed at Yacht and Boardwalk so I want to complete the trifecta :D
I just had my first baby 4 months ago and so far I’m planning on leaving her home with dad :scared: (she’ll be 1 1/2 by May 2020). Me and my mom have been doing trips together for years and I’m not sure we’re ready to throw a toddler in the mix haha! I have a feeling the closer we get the harder it will be to leave her behind. We’re so excited to take her to Disney eventually but boy do we love our current low-key trips!
Any tips on taking toddlers? My mom has a newly diagnosed heart issue so we are already cutting out a lot of the rides we can’t take babies on, anyways. Seems silly not to take her while she’s still free!

Oh hi! :wave:

We love the Beach Club! This will be our first time at Boardwalk, but we booked the boardwalk view, so I'm expecting to love it!

We don't have kids, so I can't help you there. There is a family board and I'm sure they will have great advice. This thread isn't too active yet - we are early planners here. ;)
For what it's worth, I would totally bring your daughter! It would be a whole new kind of fun and I bet your mom would love to have her there.

Please come by again when you want to plan or anything! If you end up booking for May, I'll add you to the list. There's only two of us up there now, should be low crowds! :rotfl:

Oh hi! :wave:

We love the Beach Club! This will be our first time at Boardwalk, but we booked the boardwalk view, so I'm expecting to love it!

We don't have kids, so I can't help you there. There is a family board and I'm sure they will have great advice. This thread isn't too active yet - we are early planners here. ;)
For what it's worth, I would totally bring your daughter! It would be a whole new kind of fun and I bet your mom would love to have her there.

Please come by again when you want to plan or anything! If you end up booking for May, I'll add you to the list. There's only two of us up there now, should be low crowds! :rotfl:
We love Boardwalk! It’s so fun. It’s definitely our backup if we cant book Beach Club for some reason!
I’m just patiently waiting for 2020 package booking to open and hoping Star Wars doesn’t ruin things. We feel so spoiled by walking to epcot and the studios that staying in other areas just doesn’t live up anymore :D
Luckily we know we’ll be back so if Star Wars is too crazy we’ll hold off a couple years. Just as long as we can get a room haha

We love Boardwalk! It’s so fun. It’s definitely our backup if we cant book Beach Club for some reason!
I’m just patiently waiting for 2020 package booking to open and hoping Star Wars doesn’t ruin things. We feel so spoiled by walking to epcot and the studios that staying in other areas just doesn’t live up anymore :D
Luckily we know we’ll be back so if Star Wars is too crazy we’ll hold off a couple years. Just as long as we can get a room haha

We already booked room only over the phone because I knew what I wanted and it was a specific view. When the packages go out, my price will go up. We have one annual pass, and will buy one hopper.

Now there is the rumor about fast pass "packages" (buying fast passes - still a rumor), ugh - I hope I don't have to rebook or anything. It's always something.

We already booked room only over the phone because I knew what I wanted and it was a specific view. When the packages go out, my price will go up. We have one annual pass, and will buy one hopper.

Now there is the rumor about fast pass "packages" (buying fast passes - still a rumor), ugh - I hope I don't have to rebook or anything. It's always something.
I’ve never booked that way, but it might be worth doing. I assume later in the year and I can call and add tickets to the reservation after pricing is released? I feel like getting a room in the epcot area might be difficult and we love it there so much. Is it just the normal $200 deposit?

I’ve never booked that way, but it might be worth doing. I assume later in the year and I can call and add tickets to the reservation after pricing is released? I feel like getting a room in the epcot area might be difficult and we love it there so much. Is it just the normal $200 deposit?

So no, that's the pain in the butt part. They will charge you one full night of the highest rack rate of this year - but I just looked at it as a giant payment! You can add tickets or flip to a package when the 2020 prices come out (call to do that I think - you just rebook). We aren't flipping because we aren't doing the dining plan and buying tickets separately.

You can probably wait for package to come out though, I'm just overly excited and wanted to book! :) Just keep an eye on the boards, see if a lot of people are booking because of Star Wars (doesn't seem like it yet?)

So no, that's the pain in the butt part. They will charge you one full night of the highest rack rate of this year - but I just looked at it as a giant payment! You can add tickets or flip to a package when the 2020 prices come out (call to do that I think - you just rebook). We aren't flipping because we aren't doing the dining plan and buying tickets separately.

You can probably wait for package to come out though, I'm just overly excited and wanted to book! :) Just keep an eye on the boards, see if a lot of people are booking because of Star Wars (doesn't seem like it yet?)
Oh good to know, thanks! I’m a planner and a stresser so I might get our dates locked up I can definitely swing a full night up front. Experiencing Star Wars isn’t important to our trip success but staying in that area is!

Oh good to know, thanks! I’m a planner and a stresser so I might get our dates locked up I can definitely swing a full night up front. Experiencing Star Wars isn’t important to our trip success but staying in that area is!

Absolutely! :) It's our favorite area. We stayed at Polynesian last time and while it was nice, we REALLY missed the Epcot area.

Let me know when you book!!! :)

We are heading down in May 2020! "We" meaning myself (37 at time of travel), DH (42), DS1 (4) and DS2 (almost 2). We are really excited because it will be the first trip for our youngest, and while it will be trip #2 for our oldest, he was too young last time to remember it. He is amazed with everything and loves the Fab 5, plus he is a thrill seeker and tall, so I cant wait to see his face at the parks when he sees and experiences everything.

We are staying offsite in a pool home and plan on 5 or 6 Disney days (All parks plus perhaps an extra day in MK and DHS). We are also doing Seaworld this time to see the new Sesame Street, Aquatica, Discovery Cove and the Universal parks. Gonna be an exhausting but amazing trip :)

We are heading down in May 2020! "We" meaning myself (37 at time of travel), DH (42), DS1 (4) and DS2 (almost 2). We are really excited because it will be the first trip for our youngest, and while it will be trip #2 for our oldest, he was too young last time to remember it. He is amazed with everything and loves the Fab 5, plus he is a thrill seeker and tall, so I cant wait to see his face at the parks when he sees and experiences everything.

We are staying offsite in a pool home and plan on 5 or 6 Disney days (All parks plus perhaps an extra day in MK and DHS). We are also doing Seaworld this time to see the new Sesame Street, Aquatica, Discovery Cove and the Universal parks. Gonna be an exhausting but amazing trip :)

Hi there!!! :wave:

Sounds like it will be a great trip! Come back and plan with hopefully more of us later on! :)

I've been mentally planning for this for roughly 15 months already but now that we're almost a year out, I'm so eager for it to get here!

Anyone else impatiently counting down the time until package rates are released?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter