Yak and Yeti Table Service

I read that review and was really shocked. I mean Yak and Yeti is not a super authentic restaurant (as some have compared it to Panda Express) but all the dishes we had on our visits were outstanding!

View attachment 341278 View attachment 341279 View attachment 341280 View attachment 341281 View attachment 341282 View attachment 341283

Panda Express ............... OH NO, that food isn't even edible ............

giphy.gif

I have eaten at Y&Y many times, as have all of our family trying a variety of foods. We are not ignorant of a variety of "Asian" foods. We are picky about which restaurants we choose whether in NYC or local or elsewhere, and DH traveled throughout Asian and worked for an Asian owned company. It is his favorite food.

Can anyone have a bad day, sure it happens but we never had a bad meal at that restaurant. I have had the dumplings, several times and never a bad batch. My only complaint is that they no longer serve some of the special steak and shrimp items we enjoyed and replaced them with more "americanized" dishes. As long as they don't touch my wonton dessert I am good.

giphy.gif

I have eaten at Y&Y many times, as have all of our family trying a variety of foods. We are not ignorant of a variety of "Asian" foods. We are picky about which restaurants we choose whether in NYC or local or elsewhere, and DH traveled throughout Asian and worked for an Asian owned company. It is his favorite food.

Can anyone have a bad day, sure it happens but we never had a bad meal at that restaurant. I have had the dumplings, several times and never a bad batch. My only complaint is that they no longer serve some of the special steak and shrimp items we enjoyed and replaced them with more "americanized" dishes. As long as they don't touch my wonton dessert I am good.

I have actually never eaten at Panda Express but I’ll take your gif for it! :laughing: And I’ve yet to try the wonton dessert. I did try the pineapple dessert in Pandora (don’t remember the name) and was not a fan. Are the wontons similar? They look delicious but if similar I’ll have to pass. More for you! As long as my Ahi tuna nachos and Kobe beef burger are on the menu I’m good!

I have actually never eaten at Panda Express but I’ll take your gif for it! :laughing: And I’ve yet to try the wonton dessert. I did try the pineapple dessert in Pandora (don’t remember the name) and was not a fan. Are the wontons similar? They look delicious but if similar I’ll have to pass. More for you! As long as my Ahi tuna nachos and Kobe beef burger are on the menu I’m good!

NO NOTHING ALIKE! I bought those "must have Lumpia" ..... was not for me and we threw ours away after a few bites. It was like moist on the inside kinda cooked dough stuffed with pineapple cottage cheese. I had flashbacks a few decades when Mom would buy the "special cottage cheese" flavors.

PS I even waited on fresh ones so not like they were sitting around ....

giphy.gif

I agree 100%. Panda Express is one of the few places where I have spit my food out and not be able to eat it. This was at Universal Studios in California so I don’t know how other locations are. I can eat pretty much everything, and I am not exaggerating when I say it was inedible.

We visit Yak & Yeti every trip to Disney World. We love the drinks, Ahi nachos, Seafood Curry, Kobe burgers, Honey Chicken, Coconut shrimp, Korean ribs and sorbet. Yum! Can't wait until next trip. We have even gotten lucky by walking to the bar without a reservation and enjoyed a meal there. It's a super small bar. You may need to wait for others to finish to get a seat. But, it's worth a try if you aren't able to get a reservation.

I think the QS is inedible, but not the TS at all. This has been our favorite place in AK for lunch for quite a few years. My daughter loves the decor.

While I am of the opinion Yak & Yeti is a good choice and have enjoyed meals there, my kids have decided this is a must do every trip. Asian food is a favorite for them and they love this restaurant. I definitely don't agree that it is on the level of Panda.

Maybe we have really good Panda Express? We live in a large ish city in Orange County, CA with an Asian population of approximately 50%. Our local Panda Expresses are all owned and operated by Chinese people and the cooks are all Chinese as well. Whenever I go there, almost every customer is ALSO Chinese, and there is NO shortage of "authentic" Asian restaurants here. Quite the opposite, in fact.

So maybe we have better than average Pandas, or maybe our dinner at Y&Y was just bad that day. You don't make Lo Mein with fettuccine noodles, but they did...and they obviously weren't wok fried...Just soggy and tasteless. The pork egg rolls were grease bombs and the honey chicken was fine, but just about as good as Pei Wei Honey chicken, no better.

This will be our first visit to Y&Y Im looking at the menus and stuck between the garlic noodles with shrimp and scallops, the Korean beef, the house lo mein and the Korean bbq ribs...Those garlic noodles sound amazing but the Korean Beef looks good... Decisions... Any thoughts??

Has anyone gone here and JUST got the nachos and some drinks? And split with another adult? I always feel so strange about splitting or only ordering apps and I don't wanna upset anyone. Thanks!

Has anyone gone here and JUST got the nachos and some drinks? And split with another adult? I always feel so strange about splitting or only ordering apps and I don't wanna upset anyone. Thanks!

Not exactly, but three adults split the nachos, two entrees and a couple of wonton desserts with no problem from the staff. (in fact, he encouraged us.) We are eaters, did not finish everything, and were stuffed!!! The nachos are listed for two people. If you haven't had it yet--let me just say, "Yum!"--my daughter and I could have just split it as a meal. I was surprised how much tuna was on it. I don't care for tuna, generally, but it was delicious!!!

I don't think you will raise any eyebrows. The servers seem to have plenty of tables, and were very friendly in December and May.
Having waited tables for more years than I care to recall, the problem is when you order very little, AND sit for HOURS, and THEN leave a tiny tip.

We loved it there last time but were very underwhelmed this time.

Y&Y is one of our absolute favs. We often split an entree' and dessert. We usually let the server know when we order, and they often split the meal for us in the kitchen. Love the food and the staff!!

This is probably the one place in all of Disney that shocked me as to how much we liked it. How good can chinese be right? But we have always just raved about every single thing we've had. We went here last minute on our second ever trip and it ended up being our favorite meal, we book it every trip at least once. So disappointed we can't go back this next trip because they don't make reservations for 8 people.

We didn't think it would be anything special, but we loved it. The Ahi Nachos were yummy and the Kobe burger was probably the best burger I've had on property. The fried wonton dessert that everyone raves about was good, but not as good as I had expected. We're going back in August.

We have always given this one a miss.
Saw a few reviews recently & this summer in August we are going to give it a try.
We both like spicy food & have done Saana, Boma & Jikos at AKL & Tiffins at AK.
so looking forward to trying it this year.

We have visited a few times, just after seeing a lot of good reviews of menu changes that looked good on paper. We've always been disappointed.

First of all, I don't remember this from previous visits, but from this past visit it is very clear that you shouldn't consider walking into this place during lunchtime without a Landry's club card. There is a pretty high level of not-so-subtle second-classing of guests who aren't club members.

And it matters. We were there on a non-holiday week, on a weekday, and yet it seemed that like the airlines Y&Y is overbooking to account for the possibility of no-shows. There are two problems with this. First, as things are in AK, and especially in the Asia portion of AK, there is a big need for a place to have capacity to serve walk-ins. Second, when they don't get the number of no-shows they were "hoping" for, it means that we wait for 20-30 minutes after our reservation time before we're seated. What's worse, their whole process for handling guests at the front door is abominable.

We were ten minutes early for our reservation, but it took the whole ten minutes to get through the line waiting at the front door. Unlike practically every other restaurant at WDW, there is only one line rather than separate lines for people needing reservations and people who already have reservations. Beyond that, I'm not sure if it was the fault of the guests or the staff, but there were incredibly long discussions/arguments/tirades with each of the four parties ahead of us on line as they were being told that there was no room for walk-ins no matter how long they're willing to wait.

The atmosphere isn't that great either. It is what it is, but the overall feeling we got was far too many tables crammed into far too little space, and to a much greater extent than the other table service restaurants at the park. And the arrangement of tables wasn't great either, with some tables in a room that seems like it was added on as an after-thought. I know that that was part of the theming, but it is possible to go too far with being authentic with theming like that. It has the disadvantage of carrying along all of the detriments of an actual after-thought. Our table was one of those on the second floor next to the stairwell, so it was especially bad, with people walking by us on both sides rather than just one.

The service was not great either. The staff did seem to be trying very hard, but they clearly had too many tables. A lot of the service seemed to be cookie-cutter interactions rather than genuine service.

The food tasted okay but didn't seem special enough to justify eating at Y&Y instead of, say, Tiffins. At other restaurants, even some counter service restaurants, there is a much better attempt to hide the fact that the food is prepared in large batches in industrial kitchens. There didn't seem to be much of an attempt at Y&Y.

Love Yak and Yeti. We are on ddp in Aug. Can i still get the ahi tuna nachos and dragon roll?

If not it will have to be a oop meal

Thanks

Yak and Yeti is good, but it’s a Landry’s restaurant and is very much like Rainforest or T-Rex in terms of food quality and quantity, service and theming - just with an Asian feel. As long as you know that going in I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Yak and Yeti is good, but it’s a Landry’s restaurant and is very much like Rainforest or T-Rex in terms of food quality and quantity, service and theming - just with an Asian feel. As long as you know that going in I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
:thumbsup2
Exactly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter