Yak and Yati reservation

Lilevilmisfit

Earning My Ears
hello! Not sure where to post this to ask. I have a FP for FOP at 4-5PM. I have a reservation at Yak and Yeti for 5pm. Will this be a problem as long as I get to FOP right at 4 or 5 mins before then head straight there afterwards? Thanks!

hello! Not sure where to post this to ask. I have a FP for FOP at 4-5PM. I have a reservation at Yak and Yeti for 5pm. Will this be a problem as long as I get to FOP right at 4 or 5 mins before then head straight there afterwards? Thanks!
Dining plan or no?

If no- cancel your ADR. Buy a Landry’s Restaurants card for $25 (you’ll instantly get a $25 credit to use at any Landry’s restaurant). Show up to Yak & Yeti whenever you want, and skip the line (you even get priority over ADRs).

You will have time to make it to your reservation at 5pm. FOP should take 40-45 minutes at the most.

Alternatively, you can get a Landry's card and skip the reservation. The card lets you get the next available table, even ahead of those with ADRs. It cost $25 but you get $25 off your first meal.

You actually really don't need a reservation to Yak and Yeti. It is one of the few Disney restaurants where there just always is walk-in availability basically at all times. But of course, we are all basically told now we MUST make a dining reservation for all Disney eateries and it seems to be an "official" position of many Disney restaurants who even refuse to sit you without one when there are empty tables. But even if you were a half-hour late, if you told them you had a reservation and ran late, I am sure they wouldn't give you a problem and would still sit you.

Also, one cool thing you can always do on the MyDisneyExperience app if you ever think you are going to run late for a reservation is go in and edit/change it to a later time - that is not considered "cancelling", so it is always allowed and I can guarantee you that when it comes to Yak and Yetti, if you think you are running say a half-hour late or an hour late, and wanted to change your reservation to 5:30 or 6:00, there will most definitely be availability. It's simply a huge restaurant and they can accommodate many guest, they serve very efficiently and quickly, so turn-over is good, plus there are so many eating options at Animal Kingdom as well, so no place ever fills up. Tiffins, in fact, is often half empty or worse, and it's a signature, but they, too, can often accommodate walk-ons because they just aren't doing that great - there was literally a guy with a sign trying to entice people to come in with deals when I was there last December.

Dining plan or no?

If no- cancel your ADR. Buy a Landry’s Restaurants card for $25 (you’ll instantly get a $25 credit to use at any Landry’s restaurant). Show up to Yak & Yeti whenever you want, and skip the line (you even get priority over ADRs).
This and then you also get $25 every year for your birthday as well, seriously you will get seated faster than if you have an ADR anyway.

You actually really don't need a reservation to Yak and Yeti. It is one of the few Disney restaurants where there just always is walk-in availability basically at all times.

FWIW, they may take walk-ups at any time, but you could have a 60+ minute wait as a walk-up. We had an ADR here in October for lunch on a Saturday, and walk-ups were being quoted 90 minute waits.

FWIW, they may take walk-ups at any time, but you could have a 60+ minute wait as a walk-up. We had an ADR here in October for lunch on a Saturday, and walk-ups were being quoted 90 minute waits.
We have a Landry's card and were seated immediately, but the party of 4 who walked in before us was quoted 90 minutes. The waiting area was jammed with people. That's not exactly what I consider "walk-up availability."

The last several times we have eaten at Yak & Yeti, the lobby was packed as was the area outside the door with people waiting. Our Landry's card has become priceless to eat here. WDW is very crowded now at all times and Yak & Yeti is a very good restaurant. I cannot imagine the wait time for a walk-up if they were even being accepted. If you enjoy WDW often, I would strongly suggest getting a Landry Card. This takes away all the stress of getting to an ADR on time and you get the next available table. DH and I make a lot of day trip visits to WDW and "the card" is a great thing to have in your pocket :)

We have a Landry's card and were seated immediately, but the party of 4 who walked in before us was quoted 90 minutes. The waiting area was jammed with people. That's not exactly what I consider "walk-up availability."
It is if you have a Landry's Card

Well, of course, I was only talking about my own experiences. Yak and Yeti has never been crowded when I went, but of course, that's just me, one person, and I guess I shouldn't have assumed that was indicative of how it always is. I also tend to go to Disney during weeks that were really good for crowd levels, as in I never go when the kids are off from school or during a holiday week.

I know there are those who are constantly saying Disney is always crowded but that hasn't been my experience when I've gone the last 3 years on my 10+day trips which were in Jan/Feb '16, May '17, and Nov/Dec '18. It was just the normal crowds, nothing excessive or crazy and while I did have advance dining reservations, many of the places I went, especially second tier resort eateries or some of the World Showcase restaurants always had plenty of open seating while I ate. Again, just my experience. For what it's worth. Some restaurants were busy but they were the ones that always are, like California Grill or Coral Reef, ect.

And on my last several trips, I did use the Disney App quite a few times to change or make same day reservations and almost never had a problem getting what I wanted. I mean, I would basically ALWAYS advise to use the advance dining system if for nothing else, for it's efficiency and ease of the entire experience, I was only pointing out that sometimes you do that and then walk into a half empty or even more restaurant (as happened to me at Tiffins last year). It was merely an observation I have noticed from time to time at some of the many eateries I partake in (I do 3 sit-downs a day on my trips) But it is, of course not something you can count on.

So, I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't make a dining reservation because you most certainly always should at Disney even at places almost always hardly full because you never know.

If you have the Landry's Card you won't ever have a long wait at any Landry's location that uses the card, they give card holders priority over even ADRs.

If you have the Landry's Card you won't ever have a long wait at any Landry's location that uses the card, they give card holders priority over even ADRs.

Yes, I'm aware. That is a good perk, but my point was directed at the majority of people who don't have a Landry's card - they should not assume the fact that Yak & Yeti takes walk-ups to mean they can walk-in with no wait.

Reactions: CJN
Yes, I'm aware. That is a good perk, but my point was directed at the majority of people who don't have a Landry's card - they should not assume the fact that Yak & Yeti takes walk-ups to mean they can walk-in with no wait.
As was perviously pointed out, you can sign up online and have the $25 reward available instantly. Yes it costs $25, but you save $25 on your next trip and then every year on your birthday you get a $25 credit valid at many Landry's locations that are available all over the country, so really no reason not to sign up for one, even if you only use the first reward you broke even and are getting seated faster than even having an ADR.

As was perviously pointed out, you can sign up online and have the $25 reward available instantly. Yes it costs $25, but you save $25 on your next trip and then every year on your birthday you get a $25 credit valid at many Landry's locations that are available all over the country, so really no reason not to sign up for one, even if you only use the first reward you broke even and are getting seated faster than even having an ADR.

I am aware of this - it was discussed up-thread, and I have a Landry's card myself. Separate and apart from the Landry's card fact, my only point was that the average visitor without a Landry's card cannot be guaranteed immediate walk-in seating, as a PP seems to have suggested. If someone reads this and wants to sign up for a Landry's card to avoid that, great! But I wouldn't want anyone taking their chances and then being quoted a 90 minute wait.

You actually really don't need a reservation to Yak and Yeti. It is one of the few Disney restaurants where there just always is walk-in availability basically at all times.

THIS IS NOT TRUE IN MY EXPERIENCE

THIS IS TRUE

we were there March 2018 during spring break and not only was it quoted at 90 minutes that’s really how long it was taking according to the couple of disgruntled people at podium in front of us.

Like suggested I purchased a Landry’s card at the Morton’s steakhouse near my house before we left for trip. There were tons of people waiting. DH was skeptical when I walked up party of 7 oh and I have a Landry’s card. We waited to side for a minute and then were taken to the much less frantic upstairs. I did use my $25 credit and we had a very nice lunch. I would def eat here again.

I agree you should be able to make your reservations here with a 4 FP but the Landry’s card is a good backup in case something were to happen and you were late. Just give you assure and in the end after you use credit. It’s free

I also disagree with above poster about being able to modify dining ressie on MDE. That may not be possible if you are close to time of ressie. MDE will simply tell you to call dining. That happened to us on this trip at Sanaa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!