Yachtsman Steakhouse or Flying Fish?

Flying Fish or Yachtsman?

• Flying Fish

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are both excellent restaurants and both are among my favorites in WDW. I guess it comes down to what you are in the mood for that will determine which restaurant you should go to. Flying Fish, does offer beef dishes, but the seafood is what stands out here; and they do a very good job at it as well. Yachtsman Steakhouse does offer seafood dishes, but the steaks are what they are known for and are excellent. I would rate the service as excellent at both and give the edge to Flying Fish for decor. Either way you won't go wrong and will leave happy and full.

If you are paying OOP instead of the DDP, I would recommend Blue Zoo for seafood and Shula's for steaks. They are both nearby at the Swan/Dolphin and IMO, they are both better than Yachtsman and Flying Fish. When I'm not on the DDP, both of these restaurants are always on my list.

They are both excellent restaurants and both are among my favorites in WDW. I guess it comes down to what you are in the mood for that will determine which restaurant you should go to. Flying Fish, does offer beef dishes, but the seafood is what stands out here; and they do a very good job at it as well. Yachtsman Steakhouse does offer seafood dishes, but the steaks are what they are known for and are excellent. I would rate the service as excellent at both and give the edge to Flying Fish for decor. Either way you won't go wrong and will leave happy and full.

If you are paying OOP instead of the DDP, I would recommend Blue Zoo for seafood and Shula's for steaks. They are both nearby at the Swan/Dolphin and IMO, they are both better than Yachtsman and Flying Fish. When I'm not on the DDP, both of these restaurants are always on my list.
Thanks for your response! It helps a lot. We actually are on the DDP which is the only reason I'm really looking at these. I ran the numbers though and given the amount of character dining we are doing it makes sense for us.

I voted for Flying fish. We had not really been that impressed by Yachtsman. Although I think their bread was good :)

I voted for Yachtsman but that was because my one trip to Flying Fish and it wasn't a good meal and I am Kansas City so I know steaks but for all I know the food was good at FF and I just can't appreciate it.

I voted FF: been to both. Yachtsman I had a really good filet but the service was a little lacking and they forgot my appetizer until the end of the meal. Flying Fish had amazing service, food to die for (pork belly appetizer and scallops as a main) and really good drinks. Fabulous desserts too.

I had the same dilemma last year! I picked Flying Fish and I'm going to Yachtsman in May.

Flying Fish was great. I had the best pork belly I've ever had, and the fish was great; very unique flavor.

But if you love steak, Yachtsman seems like the way to go.

Both will be excellent. And whatever one you don't do this time, you can do the next time!

Which do you want more, good steak or good fish? That will help with the decision. The onion rolls are amazing at Yachtsman I would go just for those. They also have really great truffle Mac and Cheese. I voted for Yachtsman.

Yachtsman was the best meal we have ever had on Disney property. Since you are staying at the Beach Club, it would be extremely convenient. Of course, it isn't like Flying Fish is that far.

I'd choose Yachtsman every time but just as many people would choose FF. I have only had excellent service and food at Yachtsman whereas I've had "just ok" experiences at FF. I'd go with whatever menu appeals most to you.

I didn't vote because I haven't been to Yachtsman. I don't eat seafood at all (allergic to shellfish and I'm just not a fan of other seafood) but I have been to Flying Fish twice. Once I had the pasta dish and the other time the steak, and they were really very good. I would definitely return to Flying Fish.

Personally, I would do Flying Fish.
We have so many great Steak Houses around us, and not great Seafood restaurants.
I love midwest, corn fed beef and you don't find a lot of that in Florida.
When we go to the coast, we do Seafood as its much better than we can find at home.

I really like both and think you'll get a nice meal with either one, but I voted for Flying Fish since I prefer the atmosphere.

Really not sure which to choose. What would your choice be? We are staying at Beach Club if that matters.
Love questions with no wrong answers!

I voted for YSH because I love their food and service. Not a fan of the current FF menu. But if that doesn't bother you, just flip a coin.

I love them both! Steaks are great at Yachtsman. Loved out meal there. And the service was top notch. Flying Fish was amazing! They no longer have what I ordered (Lobster with Nero pasta) and it was lick the bowl clean. But the pork belly appetizer...Oh my goodness!! Absolutely incredible. And their filet is supposed to be amazing, too. I can't comment on that. You can't go wrong with either one. But I voted for Flying Fish. Based on the pork belly appetizer.

We just returned from our trip and ate at Flying Fish twice! My husband had the New York Strip both times and I had the salmon the first night and the filet the second. The food was fantastic and the service outstanding. Yachtsman used to be our favorite, but the last two visits we were underwhelmed. Loved the FF!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter