Yachtsman Steakhouse 1/8

OneinThree

DIS Veteran
Not our first trip here, and we weren't terribly disappointed because we knew what, and what not to expect.

Rolls were terrific, but you already knew that ;). I started with French Onion Soup, which may have been the best executed dish of the evening. We also ordered the Artisanal cheese board. Both my wife and myself felt like the cheese and chosen pairings were fantastic. Sadly, these were the highlights. Realizing that we'd be just fine with our filets cooked anywhere from medium rare to medium well, we both ordered them medium. Neither came out medium, with each clearly being medium-well or better. The sides were just okay (truffle macaroni and cheese, mushrooms), but probably could have been very, very good if they weren't so incredibly salty. What was totally unforgivable, is what they brought me on a plate and called lobster. The half Maine lobster was tiny, dry, rubbery, and lacked any discernible flavor (and I've had more than my fair share coming from New England). Our server was very. . .nice.

Yes we had one lovely trip to YS and then one awful where a staff illness (wasn’t her fault) was mishandled by management and our food was so poor that I was kicking myself for not walking away before eating. Was too nice about it )partially because that is what we Brits do and mainly because I felt so bad for our server).

Those rolls. :love: So excited you can now order them at Crews Cup. Sorry to hear your entrees and sides were lackluster.

Thanks for this review! I've been debating about whether to switch our first night ADR from Boathouse to either Yachtsman or Flying Fish. I think I will keep it at Boathouse, but I do wish I could get my hands on those rolls! Maybe a trip to Crews Cup is warranted. :)

Thanks for this review! I've been debating about whether to switch our first night ADR from Boathouse to either Yachtsman or Flying Fish. I think I will keep it at Boathouse, but I do wish I could get my hands on those rolls! Maybe a trip to Crews Cup is warranted. :)

We've dined at the Flying Fish recently, and have to say that the food and service are at least a notch above the Yachtsman. I would have made reservations there again, but the wife isn't all that into the menu there. We had drinks at the Crew's Cup before dinner at Yachtsman, and can't say enough about the staff there. I'm a single malt enthusiast and like my Scotch out of a Glencairn glass. They didn't have one, but somehow tracked one down from somewhere for me. Our server also checked us in with the restaurant for us so we could just relax until we were seated. Amazing service.

Last edited:
Over salty has been my issue every time Ive gone there. Ive given them multiple chances over the years as people rave about the Yachtsman all the time for the most part and its always way way too salty. Ive never had an issue with too much salt at any other steakhouse Ive been too. Sadly the last time the steak even had a ton of gristle as well and I think I spit out more gristle than I ate meat. We will try again in a few years but I will miss those rolls they are amazing.

Over salty has been my issue every time Ive gone there.

I can deal with a little salty, and I'm not one of those who watches or limits sodium intake. For the benefit of readers, this is the type of salty that just smacks you in the face. Even my wife, who generally salts her food to the point I won't eat it, suggested that they must have emptied the shaker.

Oh I agree, I enjoy a little salt as well. I liberally season my steaks at home with salt. My wife and I always chuckled that they must think we are deer as its like we are just being served a steak shaped salt lick soaked in beef broth.

Thank You for the nice review. Yachtsman is on our list for our 2011 trip and I am already checking up on places because I eat my steak rare. But I have no issues on using Marine Command voice and sending steaks back, On our 2015 trip the waitress at Le Cellier told my daughter she didn't like rare and brought out a medium/well done steak. I am betting she still remembers me.

Dined there on 1/17 and were a bit disappointed. We have been going to the Yachtsman since they first opened and we have seen a bit of a decline in the filet. DH is a filet fanatic, he said it was just ok. The server was fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter