Yacht Club's Ale and Compass...

Haven't eaten at Ale & Compass but had some of their menu items when we ate at Crew's Cup lounge, like the truffle fries, and really liked those.

Breakfast/brunch is very good! You can order the buffet or ala carte. The buffet is a great value since it includes an entree, drink and the buffet items. We usually order ala carte since the buffet is way too much food for our appetites. The blueberry/bacon pancakes are amazing!

Service usually is very good as well.

Breakfast/brunch is very good! You can order the buffet or ala carte. The buffet is a great value since it includes an entree, drink and the buffet items. We usually order ala carte since the buffet is way too much food for our appetites. The blueberry/bacon pancakes are amazing!

Service usually is very good as well.
Can you tell me more about the buffet? I used to love the full buffet at Captains Grille.

Dinner was really good here! I just went this past weekend for date night. It feels upscale at night but the only con in my opinion is that the only bathroom is down the hall, next to the hotels gift shop. The food was really good though! My short rib meal was so tender and the pork chop is huge.

Can you get carry-out at the BC/YC restaurants?
Not the steakhouse, obviously, but the not-so-formal restaurants?

Can you tell me more about the buffet? I used to love the full buffet at Captains Grille.

I might not be the best person to answer since I ordered ala carte! But as I recall, the buffet had many items, including pastries, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, cheese, etc. On our most recent visit, we had the last reservation time for brunch before the restaurant switched over to lunch service. We walked by the buffet and noticed that items were plentiful and fresh. With the buffet, you also get one entree of your choice from the menu, and beverages are included (coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks).

It’s definitely a good deal for hungry appetites!

Dinner was really good here! I just went this past weekend for date night. It feels upscale at night but the only con in my opinion is that the only bathroom is down the hall, next to the hotels gift shop. The food was really good though! My short rib meal was so tender and the pork chop is huge.

Another restroom is down the hall near Yachtsman Steakhouse. Just an FYI for anyone interested in restroom locations!

So glad to hear all the nice comments! Just booked ADRs this morning and this was what we went with for breakfast on our departure day. :) I think they had me at "chocolate waffles" a.k.a. breakfast brownies according to some...

2nd visit and would still return. I The seafood pot pie was wonderful. The Mahi was a bit overcooked but still good. Heads up,that although not a signature they pace the meal as if it was. We were in a hurry and let our waiter know and he paced the meal accordingly despite several in our party that were on the deluxe plan. A solid choice especially on the dining plan with one credit.

Also, both visits we were offered additional parkerhouse rolls when we still had dips left. ymmv.

Weird question, but at the Ale & Compass breakfast buffet, does it include juice AND coffee? I know you get an entree choice and the buffet and “beverage.” At other buffets I know we’ve always gotten a glass of juice (ok, cranberry, etc.) and a cup of coffee. Does anyone know if this is true for Ale & Compass?
Also, is there a kids buffet price? I found a kid’s price for The Wave and other breakfast AYCTE, but not Ale&Compass.
TIA​

I think they had me at "chocolate waffles" a.k.a. breakfast brownies according to some...

They are good! I had them with the buffet recently. I’m not usually one to complain about sweets, but I wasn’t a fan of the muffins and pastries on the buffet. Maybe they just didn’t measure up to yumminess of the dark chocolate espresso waffles.

I will be another person to say we love this restaurant! We stayed at YC in December 2018 and went a few times, both breakfast and dinner. Here are a few pics. Sorry, not any info on breakfast buffet. It was included when we did the Candlelight Processional package but we were trying not to overeat, haha!

60D096EF-43D4-45D6-92AF-43C3D2D6CCF4.jpeg D5D86338-8D98-49DB-ACBA-5949B8C9FE6A.jpeg E7CE786C-2DBF-460F-AD08-6EB94F004201.jpeg 84982210-B19E-4510-B090-E9F3788772BA.jpeg 96DA990A-DA45-409F-8B5D-51058FBEBDE6.jpeg 9FE7602D-9000-4E0B-9365-D897FF8E0E8A.jpeg 962CE7E7-353E-4699-8F8C-EA45D8610DCD.jpeg

Attachments

• 4E000055-30C3-4284-8DEE-C670B91571E0.jpeg
    4E000055-30C3-4284-8DEE-C670B91571E0.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2
I will be another person to say we love this restaurant! We stayed at YC in December 2018 and went a few times, both breakfast and dinner. Here are a few pics. Sorry, not any info on breakfast buffet. It was included when we did the Candlelight Processional package but we were trying not to overeat, haha!

View attachment 389962 View attachment 389963 View attachment 389964 View attachment 389965 View attachment 389966 View attachment 389967 View attachment 389968
Great pics. Thanks.

Great thread!!! We are having lunch there on our upcoming trip and I have been eyeing the Lobster Roll on the menu. Can anyone comment about it? I think I had read that it is mayonnaise based, which I typically do not order I much prefer the lobster roll made with butter. Has anyone had the lobster roll before and if so how was it? The seafood pot pie looks amazing as well, is that only at dinner or can you get it at lunch too? I don't remember seeing it on the menu.

Just saw this - for those that ate here, did you find the restaurant to have a strong fish/seafood smell?? Reason I ask is we went to B&C for lunch and when we were walking through the building, the smell caught DH and DD off guard (they don't like the smell or taste of seafood).

We ate breakfast here twice in September. I had some steak thing (meh, bland) and a benedict (delicious). I'd go back if I needed a quick & decent breakfast before heading into the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!