• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club with ECV?

LindseyLu

Earning My Ears
Hello!
My DH and I are booked for a late Nov./early Dec. trip at the Yacht Club. We're not familiar with the resort or area at all and this will be my first trip using a ECV, so I'm looking for tips/tricks and experiences. Also if I should maybe switch resorts?
I didn't realize (silly me) when I booked that the only ways to EP and HS are the pathways and the Friendship Boats, and that worries me with everything being so new, but I'm a worrier and over thinker.
I also saw another post talking about how IG isn't the best for conquering EP rope drop?
And I have to admit I'm also worried about being an inconvenience on transportation, namely the buses and boats.
Would switching to a monorail resort be better?
We're looking for a relaxing vacation with lots of breaks and food, but rides aren't on the back burner!
Thanks!

Epcot is super close , you basically make a left out of the hotel go past the pool and beach club. HS is a bit farther out, the path go behind the boardwalk along the channel over to HS. The boat crew will put a ramp out for ECV and wheelchairs to get on the boat. The international gateway lets you in between UK and France. Great for rope dropping Ratatouille puts you ahead of the people coming from the front of the park.

Attachments

• B875521D-1915-4B69-9F03-88D21DDF0130.jpeg
    B875521D-1915-4B69-9F03-88D21DDF0130.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 508B6695-2ED2-4C94-AE9B-8AE2A503089E.jpeg
    508B6695-2ED2-4C94-AE9B-8AE2A503089E.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 3
Honestly, it is probably faster to just take the path from Yacht Club to/from EPCOT International Gateway than waiting for the boat. It’s a pretty short distance.
The pathway from Yacht Club to Hollywood Studio is longer, but it’s a nice wide path along the water.

Don’t worry about inconveniencing anyone. Most people are very nice, the boat captains are nice and will make sure you know what to do. You've got as much right to use the buses and boats as any other guests

I would not switch to a monorail resort with an ECV. You have to ride two monorails to get to EPCOT, and buses for AK and HS. I'd suggest Caribbean Beach Resort, as it's the hub for the Skyliner, and has the dedicated pullout spots for ECV loading. But buses to AK and MK are tricky, as they load at multiple "island" stops within the resort. The bus might have the ECV spots already filled.

Which parks are you going to spend the most time at, do you think? If it's EPCOT and HS, stay at the Yacht Club.

I would not switch to a monorail resort with an ECV. You have to ride two monorails to get to EPCOT, and buses for AK and HS. I'd suggest Caribbean Beach Resort, as it's the hub for the Skyliner, and has the dedicated pullout spots for ECV loading. But buses to AK and MK are tricky, as they load at multiple "island" stops within the resort. The bus might have the ECV spots already filled.

Which parks are you going to spend the most time at, do you think? If it's EPCOT and HS, stay at the Yacht Club.

Definitely planning on spending the most time at EPCOT and MK, and planning to get Christmas party tickets too.
And maybe this is too optimistic of me, but I do hope to not use the ECV at HS (I will be consulting with my doc as the time comes closer) because just walking there gives me anxiety. So with afternoon breaks, trying to navigate the ECV doesn't seem like the lesser of two evils.
And while the transfer to the EPCOT monorail isn't ideal, I think I'd prefer that you just drive into the car. Plus using the main gate to rope drop more rides.

Thank Y'all for the replies! I just feel a little shaken up and re-questioning everything because when I booked this thrip I wasn't planning on using an ECV. And DH is just a yes man, haha. So I have a million scenarios and questions running around my head.

You can use the boat to get to HS instead of the path. Yacht/Beach club is the middle stop. It then goes to Swan/Dolphin then HS. The walking path put you out by the Skyliner station and bus stops. Could you perhaps do a split stay Yacht for Epcot/HS time and monorail loop for MK time?

I've done quite a few trips with a family member in a chair.

This might be against the grain, but I think the ideal situation might actually be a larger Skyliner hotel, like CB, or even Pop/AoA. Then, you have instant Skyliner access to Epcot/HS, and you have constantly running buses to MK/AK. The Skyliner is fantastic in a chair.

AKL was painful because of the slow bus schedule, less people overall. If you get unlucky, or if the scooter spots are all full for this bus, the next bus could be 20/30 minutes away. Bigger resorts take away (some of) this risk.

I’m currently at the Beach Club with an ECV, and solo besides-this is a great area for someone in an ECV. I’ve stayed here numerous times with an ECV.

My mom and I stayed at YC and she used(s) and ECV. She had no problem using the path up to the IG to EP (although we sleep in due to jet lag and don't rope drop). We had breakfast at Boardwalk and had no issues over there. We used the boats just fine to HS. The only issue we had was actually in YC itself. At certain times of the day, the wait for an elevator can be tedious as some people do tend to just cut in front of those waiting whenever a door closest to them opens, especially because she was in an ECV--but this can happen everywhere. As for getting on buses, the bus to the MK had a bit of a wait in the morning but the buses came fairly quickly.

We're staying at the Poly this fall and I really, really struggled with whether or not we should book at the YC again. But we've both had it on our bucket list and can just have "scooter" on over to the TTC to grab the monorail. We definitely wanted a deluxe resort for the extra evening hours given that we don't rope drop.

All in all, I think you'll be just fine at the YC!

My mom and I stayed at YC and she used(s) and ECV. She had no problem using the path up to the IG to EP (although we sleep in due to jet lag and don't rope drop). We had breakfast at Boardwalk and had no issues over there. We used the boats just fine to HS. The only issue we had was actually in YC itself. At certain times of the day, the wait for an elevator can be tedious as some people do tend to just cut in front of those waiting whenever a door closest to them opens, especially because she was in an ECV--but this can happen everywhere. As for getting on buses, the bus to the MK had a bit of a wait in the morning but the buses came fairly quickly.

We're staying at the Poly this fall and I really, really struggled with whether or not we should book at the YC again. But we've both had it on our bucket list and can just have "scooter" on over to the TTC to grab the monorail. We definitely wanted a deluxe resort for the extra evening hours given that we don't rope drop.

All in all, I think you'll be just fine at the YC!
There’s a second elevator further down past the gift shop. That might help instead main elevators by the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter