Yacht Club: use Disney transportation or drive

socaldisfan

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the Yacht Club in mid-August and trying to decide whether we should take Disney transportation or drive to the parks we can’t walk to. What do you do? Thanks for any advice!

We use the Disney Bus system while staying at the YC.

The only time we use a cab is when we are going to and from Typhoon Lagoon.

The bus. Some 20 minute waits once in a while, but honestly, no big deal.

We walk to Epcot, HS. If we are going to MK in the morning we take the bus, if later in the day, we just walk through Epcot and take the monorail (we spend a part of every day at Epcot so we are probably there any way). Bus to AK. We drive down and never use our car for anything other than move resorts if we are doing a split stay. We have driven and parked at AK twice. Both times it was move day on a split stay, we were up way early in the morning so we were at the park at least 1/2 before rope drop and left around 11:30 or so to go check in resort #2. If we had planned on staying at AK all day, we would have just driven over to resort #2 and checked in then bused to AK.

For me the best part of being on vacation is not driving - I do way too much at home! Walk to Epcot, walk or boat to Studios, bus to MK (bypass the TTC) and AK. Often when returning from the MK we do this via Epcot using the monorail, nice walk through Epcot, maybe pick up a FP+ or have a snack or drink.

Disney Springs and the water parks are the only places I’d consider driving to, OP.

I take Disney transportation to MK, AK, and DS. An added advantage is that the Boardwalk bus stops are usually next to the YC/BC stops and if the BW bus comes first and appears to be the better option, I’ll sometimes hop on the Boardwalk bus and walk from there back to the YC.

wether I drive to Disney or fly....we always take Disney transportation. I love being able to park my car and not have to see it for 7 days.

The yacht, beach, swan, and dolphin are awesome because you can walk to 2 parks, and 5 hotels. Short bus rides to the other 2 parks + Disney Springs.

We were there in February. We had a rental car and I didn’t use it at all, except to go to and from the airport and to Universal for the last three nights of our trip. I did not need that car. I should have used Magical Express to get from MCO to YC and used a taxi to get to Universal and then back to MCO. Lesson learned. I spent way more money than was necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter