Yacht Club Questions

minniek

Earning My Ears
We tried to upgrade to the Beach Club but now it's booked for the week we wanted to go. So we were thinking of upgrading to the Yacht Club. Does anyone know anything about this resort?

I have stayed at the Yacht Club. It is a lovely resort.

Here is a link to Dreams Unlimited Travel's website (Dreams is the "owner" of the Dis website) that has lots of info (including streaming video) regarding the Yacht Club:

http://198.65.141.47/resorts/yc/yc-overview.htm

For my last WDW vacation (Christmas/New Year), I used Dreams Unlimited Travel. They were excellent. They know an awful lot about each of the WDW resorts, so if you are looking for someone to help you plan your vacation, here is their link: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/

This is all my humble opinion.

You didn't say where you were upgrading from, but to me the Yacht Club is great and is my favorite hotel. The pool is wonderful, and when we went all the staff was very friendly. It is also within walking distance of Epcot, MGM, and the Boardwalk so the location is great too.

Thanks for your help! The video tour was great. We are staying at CBR for the first 4 days then the last at the Yacht Club...if it's still open. I will go to the Travel Agent today and try to make the change. We decided to upgrade because the week we are going - the last week of march (23-30) is going to be so crowded we thought we might be better off at a Deluxe rather than a Moderate. Also, want the great proximity to Epcot, MGM and the Boadwalk.

good idea to switch to a deluxe during the very busy season!!! it is so wonderful to be walking distance to Epcot and mgm!!!

the YC is my favorite resort!!! the theming, and service are wonderful! the location and convenience cannot be beat!!!

have a great time!! :)

Laura :) :) :)

Hey Minniek ... I just booked YC last night by calling CRO directly for last week in March, but no standard rooms left, so paid a little more for Waterview ... actually I don't mind because now I know a great view is guaranteed.

If you don't have any luck through your travel agent, I would suggest calling CRO directly and keep trying if you don't get anything on your first call. The CRO holds reservations only for 30 days and then they're automatically cancelled from their system unless a one night's deposit is paid. Non-guaranteed rooms could potentially open up each day. Good luck!

I would like to know if anyone has a recent trip report for YC - non concierge or would take the time to give a brief summary of what you did for meals each day and costs. Thanx! :wave:

If you wanted the bc, there isn't much difference, other than it's a little longer walk to wsc/epcot. They are both great.

I did get YC but had to take the waterview room for a extra...but I am glad just to get it for the last 3 nights of our stay! Stormalong Bay looks incredible.

I didn't think the crowds would start until after Easter but I am very concerned about the crowds the last week of March since all the Value and Moderate resorts are booked and some of the Deluxe are booked, i.e., The Beach Club (even at those prices) Has anyone ever been in peak season and can they tell me how tough it is to get around the parks with all those people. I'm hoping Disney knows how to make the accomodations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!