Xmas lights on cabins?

totallytigger

DIS Veteran
We will be at the cabins the 1st week of Dec and would love to decorate with xmas lights. What should we bring to hang the lights up with? We don't want to risk any damage to cabin siding. :)

1) Bring anything and everything want.
2) I would buy the 3M "Command" sticky hooks (at any hardware or big-box store).
3) When you pull the strip the hook comes off with no residue.
4) Good luck.
5) Great looking, tacky, or whatever, in this case, it IS the thought that counts.

You can also wrap lights around the deck rail... I didn't do the cabin, but I did do the deck and walkway...

We plan to do lights on the railing and a lit wreath on the door (battery operated). We have electric candles for every window. We considered icicle lights but there's no gutter.

1) Bring anything and everything want. 2) I would buy the 3M "Command" sticky hooks (at any hardware or big-box store). 3) When you pull the strip the hook comes off with no residue. 4) Good luck. 5) Great looking, tacky, or whatever, in this case, it IS the thought that counts.
I would second the the 3m command hooks. I've noticed that the Holliday service dept uses those throughout all the park to hang the holiday decorations. Your bound not to get in any trouble with those.

Last edited:
I never thought about the 3M strips--great idea!! Thanks. I also like the idea of the lighted wreath! We leave in 7 days for the 1st leg of our vacation--Thanksgiving in NC with family--then on to WDW. The WDW part of the trip is still a surprise for my 2 DGDs! :). We'll have to pack the van carefully to hide the xmas decorations!! ;)

Yes decorate! One year we had three cabins together for a family Christams get together and I (being the only local) decorated all 3 cabins with Christmas wreaths, blow ups in each yard, lights and yard stakes. I even had Disney Christmas window clings in the windows of the cabin and Christmas trees inside at each one for everyone to enjoy. You are only limted to your imagination and cargo space, so go for it!

Oh and if your renting a golf cart don't forget to bring stuff for it too!

I have tried to find battery operated lights for our golf cart--but they all say indoor use only. :(. Any suggestions?

We have used battery powered lights for years on a GC. If they're battery powered, they are not going to blow out, short out, or electrocute you. We have never had a problem. We have also bought a small inverter and connected it to one set of two GC batteries and powered regular house lights....maybe 4-5 strings, although we could have used more. We just didn't want to put too much load on one set of batteries...although that's how the headlights are connected, and we use them a lot.

mmketeer, please post pictures of the cabins that you decorated.pixiedust:

Would love too, but that was so many years ago that it was even before digital cameras. That was our last family Christmas at WDW and I am sure the actual photos are buried away some where.

We went back to cruising for a few years after that and now, we'll grab those memories while you can. ;)

i have tried to find battery operated lights for our golf cart--but they all say indoor use only. :(. Any suggestions?

qvc. This is so wierd. I tried to type QVC in all caps, but it keeps changing it to lower case. Gremlins!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter