• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

X Wide Wheelchair

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
Well after my posting about the resort wheelchair issues I had in December, I decided to order one from Randys. He did ask me my weeight,height etc. I told him I am right at about 250, and I told him I would be using it half the time like a walker and when I get tired and cancer cranky I will sit in it etc.

I just did it today and we are arriving tomm. I was holding out to the last minute, but I dont want to take a chance of not having one at the resorts.

So we will see how it goes. I will give a little report.

My elderly mother-in-law was wheeled through an airport in a regular wheelchair and her weight caused the frame to sag so the wheels were tipped a bit toward her hips and she ended up with sores on her hips from the heat/friction of the wheels rubbing against the metal sides of the chair. When we got to Anaheim she walked into the hotel and promptly tripped on a floor mat and broke her nose. Not her best vacation. After getting her checked out at the hospital we took her to a wheelchair store and had her fitted for her own wheels. Long story short, she was much more comfortable in the larger chair. She didn't like imposing on the rellies to push her around Disneyland, but it was necessary.

My DM also received serious burns on her hips from being in a wheelchair that was too small in Niagara Falls a few years ago. It is better to go with a chair that fits properly. We had just rented one for her right at the falls and she didn't say anything until it was too late. She ended up having to be treated at a wound care clinic because the burns from the wheels rubbing were so bad.

Glad I happened to see your post. Now I'll be looking for you pushing or sitting in the chair! I have your number and we will definitely be trying to connect! Snappy is there too!

Have a fantastic time! I've dealt with Randy's before when I used ECV's and they were awesome! I think you'll really like them. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter