(X) LC - Spicy Sausage Balls

dizneegirl

Loves the Mouse
Spicy Sausage Balls

2 packages hot/spicy sausage (Bob Evans, Jimmy Dean, etc.)
1 1/2 cups Atkins baking mix
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 cup jalapeno, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Form into 1" balls, and place on non-greased cookie sheet (I'd use one with sides, there's some grease that bakes out). Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.

Makes a YUMMY snack. Spicy & filling... you feel like you've actually eaten something. You can also freeze the uncooked balls... cook some now, some later. I would guess you could halve the recipe as well, if you didn't want to make so many at once.

Makes approx 60 1" balls. 62g carbs, 21g fiber total.

These are SOOOO good! I cooked them all & froze them - just microwave a few at a time for a snack.

We <i>love</i> these! My husband takes them to the office on days when they are having lunch in for the secretaries. No one even realizes that they are low carb and they disappear quickly.

They freeze well? I'll have to make a double batch and freeze some.

I've gotten desperate and made these with the Pancake & Waffle mix. STILL delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter