(X)LC Almond Coffee Cake with crumb topping

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
This an adaption of the Almond Pound Cake recipe I found on another site. I found the cake very good but lacking something. I thought it had the perfect texture for a coffee cake so I devised a crumb topping for it and VOILA! It was awesome!

Almond Pound Cake:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened at room temperature*
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 cup Splenda
5 eggs - at room temperature
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cinnamon Crumb Topping
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup Splenda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter

Cinnamon Crumb Topping: With fork, press butter together with other ingredients so it makes crumbs.

Cake: Cream butter, cream cheese and Splenda well. Add eggs - one at a time - beating well after each. Mix almond flour with baking powder and add egg to mixture a little at a time while beating. Add almond and vanilla extracts. Pour into greased 9" round cake pan.
Sprinkle with crumb topping and bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes.

Tastes good hot!

Makes 12 servings. The original almond cake is 6.1 grams of carbohydrate per serving. The topping adds approx 12 grams more per cake.

Enjoy! My 11yo son says it the BEST thing I've ever made! I made it for my birthday and we don't miss regular birthday cake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter