Wyndham Palace Resort And Spa

louisaho

DIS Veteran
is this a deluxe hotel???

Would you stay in this hotel instead of All Star if you won't go to disney?

Does anyone has any picture of this hotel(room...)?

For pictures (including video) and other info, you might try:

http://www.wyndhampalace.com

I've stayed there three times, but my opinion is going to be rather outdated because all my visits were back in the 80's! It is a deluxe hotel, though personally I would place it a step below Disney deluxe hotels (others may disagree), but above the All-Stars. You can't beat it for convenience to the Marketplace. I'm sure there have been many changes over the years, but back when I was there it was very nice, well-kept, and with all the services you would expect from a deluxe hotel.

I'm anxious to hear what more recent guests have to say. If you are not going to Disney (I assume you meant the theme parks), the palace will be more convenient than the All-Stars (or any Disney resort) to Orlando, I-Drive, Universal, etc.

We just returned 2 days ago from an 8 day stay at the Wyndham Palace. We were on the 26th Floor Presidential Level. There is a huge difference between the Wyndham as a luxury resort and the Disney luxury resorts. Our last 4 years down there we stayed at the Boardwalk, BIG mistake not going back to the Boardwalk again, I am also a Wyndahm By Request Member so I expected alot more. The hotel is getting older the service is terrible and there are hundreds of very tipsy conventioneers everywhere you turn. The convenience to the Market Place should really not even be a consideration because this time of the year you will die of the heat before you get there. If you do not intend to go back and forth to your room during the day the All Star is a great reasonable place to stay. If you go back to the room and swim and want ot change and go back out seriously consider a place like the Boardwalk or the Yacht and Beach Club if it is in your budget it is well worth the money.

Check out the pictures we took there this past March:

link to thread with Wyndham pictures

I think it was definately a deluxe hotel. We had a great room and really enjoyed our stay. We will be staying there again on our arrival night this August.

since i am using priceline, the rate for one night is something like 48$
How much is it to go to the presidential suite??? is it a big room?
even a suite can not be compare to All Star?

This past January we stayed one night at Wyndham Palace. We stayed on the 22nd floor. Our view was great of Downtown Disney. Our stay worked our well because we were only going to Downtown Disney. We went to see Cirque and eat at the The Rainforest Cafe. We had a nice room, the front desk people were very courteous, and we enjoyed the piano bar in the lobby as well as the downstairs bar - (they had a band performing). We also used Priceline and paid $48 plus had a $15 bonus.

What can I say, I used Wyndham by Request, paid $229.00 a night including breakfast for 3 and I thought the hotel was not clean and the service was terrible. For $49 a night I can understand why you could be happy. The hotel was at full capacity the 8 days in June we were there and I thought the service was terrible. That is where they say different strokes for different folks.

We just returned from the Wyndham. I thought it was very convenient to Downtown Disney, which my girls ( 13 and 11) were anxious to see.

I was mildly disappointed that we did not get a Downtown Disney view, but at $50 a night through Priceline I decided not to argue, as the hotel seemed rather full.

The room itself was very nice, and the girls loved the Bath and Body Works shampoos and lotions. We did not have our Wyndham by Request amenities waiting for us when we got there, but I called the front desk and they were delivered fairly quickly.

The staff was very courteous, and the transportation was just as good as what we got at the All Stars, maybe better. We only did one park this trip, so I can't say if the bus service is always as good as it was last week.

The pool was clean, but boring comparing to the theming at the Disney resorts.

I'm not sure if I would stay there again. Since we only had a couple days, it was fine. I liked the DL better. And, as noted by another poster, if I would have paid full price for the room I'm sure I would not be as happy with the experience.

For my trip in March we are staying at the CBR.

As a side note, the Wyndham was paradise compared to the more expensive and supposedly 4 star resort that we got through Travelscape for Daytona Beach. It was the Plaza, and it was totally torn apart. The balconies were actually removed fromm the building! I demanded satisfaction, and they put us in their sister resort, the Radisson, which was twice as much, and not too nice. If you are planning a few days at Daytona to finish off your Disney trip, try the Adams Mark. Priceline, Expedia and Travelscape are way off on their 3 and 4 star rankings in Daytona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter