Wyndham BC Resort or Hyatt Grand Cypress? New to offsite

100acreHiker

Fallen down the Disney rabbit hole...
We have never stayed offsite before--for the last 10 years we've been loyal to the Deluxe resorts. But we are planning a 4 or 5 night getaway the day after Christmas. I don't want to deal with the craziness of the parks that time of year. My bet is we will go into one park one day, but we plan to do a lot of resort time, do a soccer thing for my sons, go to Disney Springs, maybe see Blue Man Group (again) and just relax. If I can find something not crazy expensive at Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom, I may be tempted to stay on site, but we are leaning against it. We will have to rent a car.

Which of these two resorts do I want to stay at? Wyndham Grand Orando Bonnet Creek Resort (not time share side) or Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. Both look nice. The Wyndham is about $125 cheaper total for the 5 nights, so pretty close in price. The Hyatt has double beds which my two boys (10 and 14) won't love, but they'd survive (Wyndham has queens). Which resort has easier parking, better amenities, pool, nicer vibe, etc?

Thank you in advance!

Have you thought about Hilton Bonnet Creek? Not that there is anything wrong with the resorts you listed but IMO I have always found Hilton Bonnet Creek to be the most comparable to Disney's Deluxe resorts and it also just recently became an official Disney partner hotel (access to EMH, FP+ early booking window, etc.), not to mention it's one of the most beautiful "off-site" resorts with sprawling grounds, multiple pools with lazy river/water slide/cabanas/etc., multiple restaurants/bars, spa, golf course, etc..

http://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com

Have you thought about Hilton Bonnet Creek? Not that there is anything wrong with the resorts you listed but IMO I have always found Hilton Bonnet Creek to be the most comparable to Disney's Deluxe resorts and it also just recently became an official Disney partner hotel (access to EMH, FP+ early booking window, etc.), not to mention it's one of the most beautiful "off-site" resorts with sprawling grounds, multiple pools with lazy river/water slide/cabanas/etc., multiple restaurants/bars, spa, golf course, etc..

http://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com

I have! but for our dates (Christmas time) Hilton BC is over $500 a night, and WBC is much, much less (around $300).

I have never stayed at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, so I don't have a good point of comparison, but I just got back from the Wyndham Grand yesterday, and I think it would be a good choice for your family. The parking is in a garage, and super easy to get to. I did self-park, and my spaces were like 2 minutes from the lobby. Rooms are nice; staff is great. What sells me on it is the property being shared with the timeshares. Monday was our resort day, and we spent the day hopping from one pool to the next, with a break for a round of mini golf. Two pools have slides. Two pools have lazy rivers (tubes provided). It's *just* offsite, so the convenience to Disney is amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter