WWYD?

Melanie230

DIS Veteran
So we are one of the unfortunate ones that had to cancel and reschedule our plans due to Hurricane Florence. I called before the storm and didn't have a great experience with the CM but finally she did get the reservation changed. She argued with me about the hurricane policy even though I read it directly from the WDW site that if our state is under a Hurricane Warning we could change our dates and they would rebook our pacakage. She did indeed rebook our package, but she booked us a standard room and we paid for a premium room. Should I call today and figure this out or should I talk to the front desk when we arrive Thursday night?

About 2-3 days prior to your trip, if I remember correctly at least, they assign rooms. I would call before that time so you're assigned the proper room. if you can't get through with a CM, ask for guest services but personally I wouldn't wait til your there, and waste valuable vacation time and the risk of starting off your vacation on a bad foot.

About 2-3 days prior to your trip, if I remember correctly at least, they assign rooms. I would call before that time so you're assigned the proper room. if you can't get through with a CM, ask for guest services but personally I wouldn't wait til your there, and waste valuable vacation time and the risk of starting off your vacation on a bad foot.
They assign rooms about 5 days in advance.
I agree, there may not be a premium room available.
You should call now

Whether it's available or not, call now and get it sorted out.

Absolutely call now. If you are paying the same price as before you certainly don't want to get less! (a standard room versus premium)

Their hurricane policy states the following;

If I reschedule my vacation to a different date because of a hurricane warning, will I be able to get my same accommodations?

A.

If you are scheduled to arrive within 7 days of a hurricane warning, you may call us in advance to reschedule without a Disney imposed change fee. We cannot guarantee availability of similar accommodations for the new travel dates. All amounts you paid to Disney for rooms, theme park tickets, dining plans and other Disney products and services will be applied toward your new reservation.

Any discounts or special offers applicable to your original confirmed vacation will not apply to the rescheduled vacation travel dates. You are responsible for applicable package pricing for the new vacation dates.

The policy does not apply to certain special events and dining experiences.
................................................................................................................................................................................

So the issue might be that you received a great rate when you booked and now that you are rebooking you lose that rate which the cost puts you in a standard room at a premium price.
But I would still call to find out what exactly happened...

I'm guessing that room-type wasn't available, but I would definitely call today and sort everything out.

Their hurricane policy states the following;

If I reschedule my vacation to a different date because of a hurricane warning, will I be able to get my same accommodations?

A.

If you are scheduled to arrive within 7 days of a hurricane warning, you may call us in advance to reschedule without a Disney imposed change fee. We cannot guarantee availability of similar accommodations for the new travel dates. All amounts you paid to Disney for rooms, theme park tickets, dining plans and other Disney products and services will be applied toward your new reservation.

Any discounts or special offers applicable to your original confirmed vacation will not apply to the rescheduled vacation travel dates. You are responsible for applicable package pricing for the new vacation dates.

The policy does not apply to certain special events and dining experiences.
................................................................................................................................................................................

So the issue might be that you received a great rate when you booked and now that you are rebooking you lose that rate which the cost puts you in a standard room at a premium price.
But I would still call to find out what exactly happened...
Most important part of the policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter