• Option 1

• Option 2

• Option 3

• Option 4

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheIncredibles!

Winner (?) of the Crazy MIL Award
We are leaving for Disney in less than 2 weeks. We currently have a 2 BR @ OKW booked from 12/9 through 12/18. I have been waitlisted for the past 7 months to be at VWL or BLT. (Home resort is VWL but I changed dates 7 months out and all I could get was OKW)

I am a location/view person that likes a hotel feel. I keep calling and calling and there's just no availability anywhere else. So now plan B

We have 510 points to work with so right now we have 218 left over that we would have to gift to somebody as we will not use before we lose. So plan B is to think about staying a few days at the Poly with the points. Here's the options. (We are a family of 5)

#1 Keep reservation as is and see if somebody wants to use the points.

#2 Use points to get a Lagoon View room for the first 5 nights then go to OKW for the last 4. Uses 419 point with 91 left over.

#3 Use points to get a Lagoon View Concierge room for the first 4 nights then switch to OKW and spend the last 5 nights there. Uses 476 points with 34 left over.

#4 Use points to get (2) Lagoon View connecting rooms for the first 2 nights then switch and spend next 7 nights at OKW. Uses 468 points with 42 left over.

Of course this is all assuming that we can get these rooms. Website when I checked earlier showed availability but I don't know if that would mean I could get it as a DVC member.

Well . . . . . . if you are losing 218 points, I would try to use them. I personally like the size of the units for DVC, so I would want to be at OKW the whole time (maybe for a longer time); however, since you have said you prefer the hotel feel, I would stay a few nights at the Poly. I would probably vote for 2 connecting rooms if you want to have extra space. If space is not your concern, then I'd do 4 nights CL since that leaves the fewest number of points "left over".

Of course, if you have someone you know that could benefit from the leftover 218 points, or if you could rent/transfer them out and get some money back, it may be worth staying at OKW the whole time and getting some money back for your trip.

I suppose this didn't help at all. :rotfl:

Use those points! Poly then OKW-relaxing and wonderful!!!:goodvibes

I went with option 3. The only bad thing is doing the poly club level first. It will spoil you, OKW is nice, but no lounges with free food and drinks.

What is your use year? Keep in mind the rule of 4. If it's December, February or March, it's too late to book the Poly. If it's April, you have to do it by tomorrow.

That you have current use year points that you would have to use or give away before you lose them most likely means you are beyond the eight month banking window and also means that you are in the last 4 months of your use year and thus you cannot make a Poly reservation now for December time using those points because of the Rule of Four.

What is your use year? Keep in mind the rule of 4. If it's December, February or March, it's too late to book the Poly. If it's April, you have to do it by tomorrow.

Mine is August. I have never booked like this so I don't know what the rule is.

I voted for #3, simply because it leaves the fewest points left out. Have a great time. I think a stay at the Poly CL would be wonderful!:goodvibes

I vote 4 I would try poly, but would be hard pressed to pick even conc over extra bedroom/space. But I do not how many are in your party either.

Could you rent these points.. that is really the most logical option. You could use Dave's service and have room rented in a week. or post to rent trade board and be done with it with an extra 2100$ at 10$ a point. Set up a transfer at 10$ and you dont even have to make ressies.

I vote 4 I would try poly, but would be hard pressed to pick even conc over extra bedroom/space. But I do not how many are in your party either.

Could you rent these points.. that is really the most logical option. You could use Dave's service and have room rented in a week. or post to rent trade board and be done with it with an extra 2100$ at 10$ a point. Set up a transfer at 10$ and you dont even have to make ressies.

There's 5 of us. The space issue is what is the issue. We're spoiled... BUT my first trip to Disney was in a MK view Poly room when I was 14. We drove up to the hotel and I was instantly in love. I have always wanted to stay here again at some point.

DH really wants the two room option for obvious reasons.......lol We will have plenty of room and privacy when we move though so I am not getting the big deal.

If we are going to do this I want to at least stay 4 nights because it works well with the reservations we have. We have the dessert party Sat night and CP for Breakfast the next morning. I don't want to have to get up early, pack, drive to OKW and check in that day then bus it back over to MK.

I could not call MS today as I was busy all day so I will call in the morning and see what may or may not be available and go from there.

Also does anybody know if we book two connecting rooms will we GET two connecting rooms or do we run the chance of not having that availability when we check in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!