WWYD - tent set-up ?

ksl5f123

DIS Veteran
We will be heading to the Fort in March 2012! :banana: We have stayed in the cabins before, but this will be our first time tent camping there.

We have a 20 hour drive that we split into 2 days (8 hours the first day and 12 hours the 2nd). Because of the drive, we will not arrive in Orlando until about 8 PM. Will it be dark at 8 PM in March? If so, would you set up camp at night or get a hotel room for the first night and set up the camp site the next morning?

BTW, my kids are 8, 6, and 3 and I will be 5 months pregnant. We have set up our tent before and can put it up pretty quickly, but then there is setting up the beds, unloading all the supplies, etc. Any suggestions?

If it were me, and I was traveling with three children and a pregnant wife, I'd be getting a hotel room. Who knows how long that 12-hour drive will take with kids -- you may be getting in later than you planned. Long drive to have to set up camp once you get there. But that's just me...

Enjoy your trip!

If it were me, and I was traveling with three children and a pregnant wife, I'd be getting a hotel room. Who knows how long that 12-hour drive will take with kids -- you may be getting in later than you planned. Long drive to have to set up camp once you get there. But that's just me...

Enjoy your trip!

^^^ this ^^^ :thumbsup2

Bama ED

We will be heading to the Fort in March 2012! :banana: We have stayed in the cabins before, but this will be our first time tent camping there.

We have a 20 hour drive that we split into 2 days (8 hours the first day and 12 hours the 2nd). Because of the drive, we will not arrive in Orlando until about 8 PM. Will it be dark at 8 PM in March? If so, would you set up camp at night or get a hotel room for the first night and set up the camp site the next morning?

BTW, my kids are 8, 6, and 3 and I will be 5 months pregnant. We have set up our tent before and can put it up pretty quickly, but then there is setting up the beds, unloading all the supplies, etc. Any suggestions?

Several questions come to mind:

1. Why only 8 hrs the first day? I always try to do a long day the first day and then if it is only 2 days, have a short day. More rested the first day.

2. How many days do you plan to stay? If there is a limited number, you may need to set up that night in order to max. your time.

Wife states if your are rock solid on your travel plans, GET THE ROOM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter