WWYD - President's week with toddler - 1BR BLT/BWV, or LV studio BLT?

kboo

DIS Veteran
We are currently in a LV studio at BLT for President's week 2018 and have waitlisted a 1BR std at BLT, 1 br std at BWV, and there's current availability in a 1BR pool/garden view at BWV. We will have a 6yo and a 2yo when we go, and the 2yo will likely be in a pack and play. Our next trip will be over Thanksgiving 2018.

If we stay in the LV studio, we can stay 1 night longer and have enough points to get a BLT 1BR std over Thanksgiving.

If we get the BLT 1br std (wl), then we'll need to get a BLT studio over Thanksgiving. But, T-giving is a shorter trip and by then the baby may be old enough to share the sofa bed with her big sister.

If we get the BWV 1br std (wl), then we'll have enough points leftover for a BLT 1br std for T-giving. This would obviously be ideal.

But now I'm looking at a 1br pool/garden view at BWV, which is roughly the same # of points as the BLT 1br std, so then we'd be looking at a BLT studio over Thanksgiving as well.

WWYD? I'm thinking about booking the BWV 1BR pool/garden to be assured a 1BR, but unsure about chances of either 1BR std off the waitlist. (Also kicking myself because the 1br std at BWV was available for a hot second and I missed it.) Also have a little sentimentality since the February stay is our first one on our own points, so it would be nice to have it at our home resort, and a little points regret since the pool/garden is the same # of points as BW view.

1 BLT br has 2 bathrooms while 1 Bwv br has 1 bathroom. Both standard rooms are hard to get. Getting them during the long holiday weekend will be tough. Good luck. Considering mk will be a primary park for you, I would choose BLT.

If you plan to spend more time at the magic kingdom, I would stick with BLT. I love most of the DVC resorts, but BLT works the best for my family with 2 kids. Being able to go back and forth to the magic kingdom makes a big difference for us with kids. Also, if the kids can't make it to the end of the day in the parks, you can still see the fireworks. I also like that the community hall is in the same building and it makes it easy to stop in. And, if it rains it is easier to get to places and things without getting wet and with the stroller (covered walkway to main hotel) and to get to the monorail. The studio is small but we have done it and it is fine. With the pack and play, it may be easier for the 6 year old to sleep on the couch without pulling out the bed. I agree that the standards are hard to get, especially on a holiday but it can't hurt to try. All the choices you listed are good options and all the rooms are great, though I would decide between BWV and BLT in the various rooms based on where you want to be for your vacation (i.e. epcot area or MK area).

I would go for BLT for your first stay if MK will be your main park that you are going to. It's so nice to be able to walk to MK from the resort. However, if you will be spending more time at EP and HS, I would recommend BWV so you can walk to either of those. At BWV you are also within walking distance to one of the mini-golf courses.
Having the 1 br would be nice for nap time for the kiddos. You can put them in the bedroom to nap and then you can hang out in the living room and not worry about waking them up.

I, personally, love the Boardwalk area. BWV is our home resort. Our first on-site stay was at the Yacht Club and I fell in love with that area then and there. When it came time to buy DVC, BWV was a no-brainer for me. I really love the area at night. All the lights reflecting off the water. It's just a little extra magical. pixiedust:

Have a great trip!!

I would go for BLT for your first stay if MK will be your main park that you are going to. It's so nice to be able to walk to MK from the resort. However, if you will be spending more time at EP and HS, I would recommend BWV so you can walk to either of those. At BWV you are also within walking distance to one of the mini-golf courses.
Having the 1 br would be nice for nap time for the kiddos. You can put them in the bedroom to nap and then you can hang out in the living room and not worry about waking them up.

I, personally, love the Boardwalk area. BWV is our home resort. Our first on-site stay was at the Yacht Club and I fell in love with that area then and there. When it came time to buy DVC, BWV was a no-brainer for me. I really love the area at night. All the lights reflecting off the water. It's just a little extra magical. pixiedust:

Have a great trip!!
Thanks! Our first DVC stay was at BWV, so it feels special to us. If/when we add on, we'll probably add on there.

What did you end up deciding on? Were you able to snag the BWV p/g?

I probably would have gone with that choice in order to switch it up a little bit. That and I like DHS for the shows with my DDs.

What did you end up deciding on? Were you able to snag the BWV p/g?

I probably would have gone with that choice in order to switch it up a little bit. That and I like DHS for the shows with my DDs.
We have BWV pool/garden with BWV std waitlisted for the whole time (I know...), and I'm waitlisting single days in a BLT 1br std. I'd sort of like to have our first DVC stay at our home resort, but since we closed at around 9 months before our trip, std 1BR and std studios were already booked up. We had a week in a LV studio and then had second thoughts about the space since DD2 will probably still be in a pack and play (not sure), so at 7mo decided to go for the BWV p/g. I actually missed out on a BWV std that was open for all of 20 minutes and I should have just booked it, but then later decided to switch to BWV 1BR p/g in order to sell DH on adding on at BWV. So, even if we stay in the BWV p/g it will be a win/win; I am just thinking that with the kids as young as they are, we'd probably be walking to MK more than we'd be walking to EP.

Further update: working the waitlists diligently got us 5 nights in a BLT 1br standard over president's week, and we have waitlisted the Sunday night (first night) at BLT 1br std! We are now using our 2 waitlists to either: 1) a whole 6 night stay in BWV 1br std (highly unlikely), or 2) turn the 5 night 1br BLT std into 6 nights (more likely).

(DH is likely willing to add on at BWV or BCV after we stayed at BCV in late August and he really liked the location and SAB, so now it's really about the points.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!