WWYD Homies? Ticket Question.

agavegirl1

DIS Veteran
DH and I have been to Universal Orlando on site twice and are going again in 2018. Time one, we purchased a Harry Potter package and stayed at RPR for four days. Time two we had Orlando Flex passes purchased through my work (tickets at work or some such) and were at the Universal hotel for 5 nights. We used them for Sea World and Busch Gardens in addition staying at a Sea World hotel. Our trips keep getting longer at Universal so I am guessing an annual pass of some sort makes the most sense. We will be at Portofino for 7 nights and would like to visit Sea World one day.

The room is already booked using "Stay More Save More". Questions...

1. Is the AP rate better than SMSM in October?

2. What benefits would I receive toward purchasing our HHN tickets and the Express pass to go with them?

3. Can Annual passes only be purchased directly through Universal?

4. If the room discount is better with an AP, how does one apply it. I understand these rates are not yet available for my dates.

Because I chose some "different" ticket options for previous trips (including a package in the late 90's with kids), I know little about US/IOA ticketing options.

TIA

With 7 nights the chance of AP rate being better is nearly zero.

If it showed up though, call and switch discounts.

Aps only through Uni.

I don't know anything about hhn. Except I think the most expensive pass comes with a ticket

DH and I have been to Universal Orlando on site twice and are going again in 2018. Time one, we purchased a Harry Potter package and stayed at RPR for four days. Time two we had Orlando Flex passes purchased through my work (tickets at work or some such) and were at the Universal hotel for 5 nights. We used them for Sea World and Busch Gardens in addition staying at a Sea World hotel. Our trips keep getting longer at Universal so I am guessing an annual pass of some sort makes the most sense. We will be at Portofino for 7 nights and would like to visit Sea World one day.

The room is already booked using "Stay More Save More". Questions...

1. Is the AP rate better than SMSM in October?

2. What benefits would I receive toward purchasing our HHN tickets and the Express pass to go with them?

3. Can Annual passes only be purchased directly through Universal?

4. If the room discount is better with an AP, how does one apply it. I understand these rates are not yet available for my dates.

Because I chose some "different" ticket options for previous trips (including a package in the late 90's with kids), I know little about US/IOA ticketing options.

TIA

agave, I agree with bumbershoot, I doubt you'll get an AP discount lower than a SMSM rate for a 7 day stay.

With the Premier AP you get 1 HHN ticket free with your pass, but it says the ticket is only good for select nights. The other passes have discounts to purchase HHN tickets, but it's regular price for HHN Express Passes no discounts for those.

Below is the AP page on the HHN site:

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/annual-pass-holder.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!