WWYD - Dream Castle with APs or Disney Package

Babyboo

DIS Veteran
I am looking at taking my 2 kids to DLP for Oct half term staying for 4 nights. We will be flying and my DH will join us later in the week and staying for just one night.

Now I know quite a bit about booking Disney packages in Orlando, but nothing about DLP. We have been once but that was almost 10 years ago way back when there was still only one park.

I have spent nearly all day on the internet and think I have come up with a couple of options :

The first would be to stay at the Dream Castle and get Dream APs so we can still get EMHs and as we would be going to the Halloween Parties I believe this will entitle us to a discount on those tickets and also on our food bills.

The second would be to stay at a Disney Hotel, at the moment we are looking the Newport Bay Club Admirial floor with the tickets included.[/INDENT] [/INDENT]

Staying at the Dream Castle is just under £200 more than the Newport Bay and includes the APs. Although I'm not sure we would use them again as we already have 2 trips booked to Florida next year, but would definately be worth the extra to us if the hotel was nicer.

The last option which I am really fighting is the DLH at £400 more than the Dream Castle, I am a GF kind of gal, but as I sold this to DH as trip to keep the kids entertained during half term I don't think he'd be to pleased.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I'd say go for DLH if its not going to cause a big row. An additional £400 isnt too bad for DLH as when I looked in the summer it was going to be an extra £1000!

Also, I think you have to get a lot of halloween and other special event tickets in advance, so i don't know if you;d be able to wait and get them once you've gotten your AP's.

If staying onsite like the Newport is cheaper then off site with AP's I would go for that as if you are not going to go again, then its not worth paying for AP's the Halloween tickets wouldn't cost you near to £200 so I would go with the cheaper option & use the money saved to spend in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter