WWYD? Date night at Disney

Keep in mind that the food booths are not open during EMH. I made the mistake of thinking it would be...boy was I disappointed.

Anyway, what are you looking for during your "date night"?? Are you looking for romance? or are you looking to spend time together and have fun? Here's my take on it. You can have a romantic dinner together in your home town. Youre in disney. Why not take advantage of stuff you wouldnt normally get to see or do? Yes i know disney has unique dining...but it still is "eating". Anyway if it were me, i'd go around the WS and try out a ton of different food booths. Explore the world showcase...because its pretty amazing. There's so much to see and do. Food & Wine festival is a blast. You not only have a wide range of different types of food to choose from, but also alcohol too. If you want rides, you have TT, Soarin, Frozen, etc.

Thats what i would do on a date night. I'd want to spend the 2-3 hours (whatever it is) having fun with my mate, not at a dinner table. But everyone is different.

I didn’t know they would be closed during EMH, thanks so much for the heads up!

So we went to food and wine last September, ate our way around on our snack creds, had a good time. We will do it again with the family on this trip, so I haven’t decided if it’s something we’ll do for our date. But I do hear what you’re saying, we can sit at a dinner table at home, so we should be doing things we can’t normally do. I mentioned bowling, but we can do that at home too so DH didn’t seem too excited about it.

Some of this will also hinge on how tired we are by the time we get to go out by ourselves. We tend to not take many breaks and wear ourselves out, but we are going make more of an effort on this trip to relax some too.

And I quote, "but just the two of us would be more relaxed and easy." Isn't that what a date is supposed to be. Take it from someone who has been happily married for 46 years. It isn't how fancy the restaurant is, or how much the meal costs. It's the fact that the two of you are together, holding hands, enjoying each others company. Even a hot dog can be the most romantic meal you have ever had if you have it with the person you truly love.

A date night in the midst of a WDW vacation sounds dreamy. Hug your parents for me! V&A is of course on my one-day-I-wish bucket list, not matter how many people tell me it's not worth it. It's seems like you guys have experienced a lot of Disney so far, is there anything you want to revisit?

Like you, I would love a date night at CA Grill. I also like the idea of a late night in a park. This may be out there, but Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk sounds fantastic too. Dueling pianos, drink and no kids.

We haven't experienced Disney Springs in 10 years either. I still call it Downtown Disney on accident. The revamp is fantastic. So much to see and do! So many great date night restaurants. It's so crowded for me though. Once inside a restaurant I feel better, but walking around I feel...crowded. Which I know is weird to say at WDW, but it is what it is.

Whatever you chose for your date night, enjoy!

I will do some more research on DS and see if seems like a good fit. I had dinner and saw Cirque there 11 years ago, and I just remember walking around and hearing nothing but the booming bass from all the bars.

That has definitely changed! The "club" vibe is gone, and there are a ton of restaurants now. If the weather is good, you could eat there and go up in the balloon.

If you decide to go signature, I've heard great things about Yachtsman Steakhouse, and I think it would be fun to stroll around the boardwalk. It's on my "Disney Bucket List".

If you decide not to do signature, or just want to be in a park, we had great luck at Tutto Italia in Epcot - very attentive servers and I had the best fish.

And I quote, "but just the two of us would be more relaxed and easy." Isn't that what a date is supposed to be. Take it from someone who has been happily married for 46 years. It isn't how fancy the restaurant is, or how much the meal costs. It's the fact that the two of you are together, holding hands, enjoying each others company. Even a hot dog can be the most romantic meal you have ever had if you have it with the person you truly love.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. But there’s also something to be said for wanting to enjoy something a little more fancy, like a nice meal with your spouse, when kid friendly foods such as hot dogs are on your menu at home regularly.

Getting all dressed up for each other and eating at a fine dining restaurant together without the kiddos is romantic for us because it helps us to feel connected as adults, not just as mom and dad. This is coming from someone who right now (and pretty much every day) has dried baby food in her hair and no makeup on while wearing really ratty athletic clothes.

Congrats on 46 years of marriage! That’s a major accomplishment, you and your spouse are very lucky to have each other!

OK I will do some more research on DS and see if seems like a good fit. I had dinner and saw Cirque there 11 years ago, and I just remember walking around and hearing nothing but the booming bass from all the bars.
I believe youre referring to what use to be called "pleasure island". Thats gone. Now there are a ton of restaurants and shops. So much to see and do and eat. Its a lot of fun and very different from what you remember.

I've looked at the Disney Springs website. I know I would enjoy wandering around & popping into different shops, but hubs hates shopping, so this wouldn't be fun for him.

I've circled back around to the idea of just meandering around the WS. I think we will enjoy it much more together without the kids. It's between that and our own highway in the sky around MK.

I've looked at the Disney Springs website. I know I would enjoy wandering around & popping into different shops, but hubs hates shopping, so this wouldn't be fun for him.

I've circled back around to the idea of just meandering around the WS. I think we will enjoy it much more together without the kids. It's between that and our own highway in the sky around MK.
Im sure together you two will make the right choice. Both ideas are great. One is cheaper than the other though. Highway in the sky goes for $170 per person. YIKES! :eek:

Most romantic date I've been on with DH at Disney has been California Grill...something about the mimosas I guess!

Personally, I would have drinks at Trader Sam’s followed by dinner at Cali Grill as a more ‘formal’ option. OR, I’d be totally informal and eat/snack around World Showcase.

My DH and I have had many an informal romantic evening at ‘holes-in-the-wall’ places because we are extremely laid back. But we enjoy the occasional fancy night out. Given those two extremes, the above are our preferences for WDW...and what I’d do is get an ADR for the ‘fancy ‘ night out but be willing to cancel it if our mood on the trip was for the more laid back option.

One thing to keep in mind is that Disney Springs has a lot great restaurants, much more than before, so it is not just a shopping center.

Me and my wife enjoy having a good meal, and wondering around. There is is live music scattered about the place and even in various restaurants. The Margarita bar has been expanded and normally has a live musician. House of Blues besides the concert hall (which has booked acts) also has an outside musician. Raglan Road has an outdoor seating area with a musician or bands, while indoors they have river dance type of acts.

Another option would be to head to the Boardwalk, have dinner at Flying Fish, and then visit Jellyrolls, providing you like dueling piano bars type of places.

We really like Monsieur Paul at Epcot....it is quiet and doesnt have lots of kids. I love kids but on date night I like to escape to a kid free place.
Epcot is really pretty int eh World Showcase at night so you could sample a few drinks at Food and Wine festival then head to MP for a nice quiet and relaxing dinner.

Or California Grill is really nice.

Have you considered Takumi-Tei? The new restaurant in the Japan Pavilion. I believe reservations open up tomorrow (7/16).

Sounds intimate, and probably mostly adults considering the cuisine and price.
I was thinking about booking it for a date night for our upcoming trip in a couple months.
Only problem it's in the world showcase... so you've got to get to it... not bad if you're staying at an epcot resort, but otherwise it's a long walk.

Here's a link to the DFB review:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...kumi-tei-restaurant-in-epcots-world-showcase/

I just reread your original post... Takumi-Tei is probably "over the top" price-wise... it may also be $500 out the door.

I like MomOTwins suggestion:
When we had our date night, we went to Trader Sam's at the poly. It was a blast! Highly recommend.

I was thinking about doing this on our upcoming trip for a Date night as well... sounds like a blast. Especially if you go after the under 21yo's are kicked out :)

@MomOTwins - any suggestions on best times to go, or how to secure a good table, since they don't take reservations?

I'm following this thread for advice as well. My GF and I are doing an adults trip in September. I'm there for a conference and she's tagging along. The budget becomes friendlier when I'm not paying for a room. We have reservations for the fireworks at Cali Grill one night already, and we are doing Hoop-Dee-Doo Review another night. We are staying at Beach Club, so I'm sure walking along the boardwalk and into DS will happen as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!