WWYD? Date night at Disney

If you're looking for a good meal and ambiance, I'd say that Jiko is our favorite place for a romantic meal with Cali Grill running a close second.

Honestly, my husband was iffy the first time we went to V & A as well. I had been before and knew what to expect. He wasn't thrilled about the price but he is a foodie so after the experience was over, he was more okay with the hefty price tag. We look at it not as a meal, but as an experience. It can take 3 hours.

If we were going to keep it light and low key, true date night: Go to Epcot and walk around half the festival. Exit to the Boardwalk and have a drink/snacks/dinner at Bluezoo in the Swan and Dolphin. Then I'd walk across the street and play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens (or do these vice versa). Come back through the Boardwalk and either stop at Ample Hills for ice cream or continue back into Epcot and finish the rest of the World Showcase.

Just catching back up with the thread. Right now, I have two reservations for the same night, one at Narcoosee's, one at California Grill. If we do one of those, we will definitely visit Trader Sam's. I know a lot of people like these restaurants to view the fireworks, but that's not an important factor for us. We've stayed at WL and watched the fireworks from our balcony with our kids, and have seen them multiple times in the park, so I don't think the restaurant view will blow us away.

If we have our date the night before, it will be Epcot/Boardwalk. I read the review linked for the new restaurant in Japan. Reservations aren't open as of right now, but I will keep it in mind. It wouldn't be as expensive as V&A's, well for us anyway, so not out of the question. I would equate Takumi-Tei to something we couldn't experience where we live.

I also like the recommendation for Jelly Rolls. I've done a piano bar before in San Antonio on their boardwalk, it was so much fun. But this will be a Tuesday night, so if it's pretty dead that will take away from the fun factor IMO.

We discussed it recently, and agreed that we should wait and make our final decision when we are there. We will already have done 4-5 full park days before we can go on the date, so we may just want to do dinner & drinks close by and then call it a night. Having 3 small kids at Disney is no small feat, so as much as we want to go all out and stay out late, we both know it will make the rest of our trip more difficult...I'm not a pessimist people, just a realist ; )

I haven’t done DS in over 10 years, and I can’t say it was memorable in any way. What am I missing?

It sounds like you've already decided, but just wanted to mention that Disney Springs is completely different than Downtown Disney as you knew it 10 years ago. Its much larger with the additions in recent years, and tons of new restaurants. In fact, I'm not sure if any of the restaurants there now were even there 10 years ago? Maybe just Rainforest and T-Rex. Anyway, I'm only pointing this out as another option if its not something you looked into. Paddlefish, Morimoto, Enzo's Hideaway, and STK are great, and there are tons of good places to pop in for a drink - we like the Edison and Hangar Bar for that.

Takumi-Tei did open up at some point today so I made an ADR and will look over the menu with hubby to see what he thinks!

We are spending 8 nights, and also going back two more times at least in 2020 (gotta squeeze the most out of our new AP’s) so I know at some point we will check out Disney Springs.

Adulting your way around World Showcase snacking on F&W items would probably be my first pick because we’d enjoy taking it all in at our own pace.

I would do a restaurant near Epcot - an actual sit down restaurant, since as parents your meals often consist of cutting food, and teaching table manners - and then I would go wander around Epcot and enjoy the night atmosphere and fireworks.

I would go to Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival. Then eat dinner a La hacienda de San Angel . Would be a perfect Date for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter