WWYD? Copper Creek or Beach Club with 10yo CP nephew in wheelchair?

Since this is a DVC stay unless you are an owner at Beach Club be prepared with a backup resort as BCV fills up fast, even faster if you need an accessible room. At 7 months, BCV can be challenging to get. BCV has the benefit of walking paths to 2 parks. Copper Creek has busses and boats but as mentioned already, not all boats are wheelchair accessible. Animal Kingdom Lodge usually has lots of availability at the 7 month mark and that may be considered an 'adventure hotel'. There are only busses but AKV is one of our home resorts and we never have bussing issues. If you stay at Kidani you board the busses before they go to Jambo so you have a better chance of boarding the bus with the wheelchair there compared to Jambo.

A top for staying at WL/CCV with a wheelchair or ECV:

We LOVE the boats and used them extensively on trips before I needed to use an ECV. So when staying at WL/CCV, I need boat time !! :-)

When going to MK what I will often do is take the bus to MK [it is actually faster than the boat anyway], and then when returning from MK take the boat. A few benefits of this include having a shelter and somewhere to sit at both depots if you have to wait.

At the MK boat dock for WL, the majority of the area is *under a wide cover* which is nice for if you do have to wait for the right boat. Also, there are a small numbr of benches (unless they have since gotten rid of them). We've also found the line is usually much less there than the line for the resort bus. We find coming back to the resort bu boat quite a relaxing way to end a park visit.

Another option is the boat that loops Contemporary - Fort Wilderness - Wilderness Lodge. We will take this boat from WL and go to FW to explore or for food, or to Contemporary to explore or for food or to then grab the monorail to take us to Polynesian (explore, food), Grand Floridian (explore, food), or MK.

As someone with multiple food allergies, the Beach Club area resorts have very few restaurant options for me, particularly QS. From WL, I not only have Geyser Point and Roaring Fork at the resort, but pretty easy access to the QS at Contemporary, GF and Poly, all of which have great options for my allergies. Since we like to spend time at the resort and not just the parks, this is important for us. YMMV.

Hi all - thank you so much for all of your insights, this is very helpful. First - we decided for Copper Creek after showing him videos and pictures. He is an opinionated little boy and his decisions was super clear ;)

Thanks for all the comments on transportation - Loved the idea of just using all WDW transportation for one day, he will love it. Once he likes a ride, he just asks to ride it for the rest of the day which makes for some nice discussions with Cast Members ;)

As for the boats - since we are able to carry him for shorter periods and use a foldable wheelchair it sounds like we will be good with the boats.

On a different note - he asked me to read him the FULL LIST of all MK attractions and he screamed of joy. This is Disney Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter