WWYD, camp i jan or wait for discount

Sheepdog23

Mouseketeer
We are dvc members now because I could not see us dragging camping gear now that we are in europe. I just have one dilemma now and that is that we have used our points for the year for an upcoming trip the first week of jan 2012 and now the kids would really like to extend our stay because we will be on family leave because of a new baby we are expecting in october and have the time to do so. The one bad thing is that I unfortunately do not have the money to so many more days in a hotel, even by renting extra points, and thought that I would maybe wait until disney releases discounts to see what we could afford. But then I remembered how cool it was at the fort when I was a child and the kids really want to camp so now I am torn. My parents in CT have said that we could loan their gear so that is settled.

I know how cold it has been in florida the past few jans. Do i really want to spend a week in a tent with my 2 kids(4,6), a 2-3mo baby and my cranky husband should the weather go arctic? I know how difficult it is to get sites so I am really torn as to whether or not I should just be brave and think happy sunshine thoughts and book or I should wait. what would you guys do? They have a popup but i am not sure about driving it down and my sister said they were warmer in their tent than we were in the popup the last time we went under colder conditions

I wouldn't chance camping in January with young children; and especially not with an infant. Why don't you look into one of the Downtown Disney Hotels (ex. Doubletree Guest Suites) as it's close to the price of a camping site (around $100. per night) and you won't have to worry about gear or weather. You could still visit Ft W and bring the kids to the campfire movie, etc.

Some Jan are nice weather wise. I'd book a site only reservation. That way if there aren't any good discounts you can still stay at The Fort.You have 5 days before arrival to be sure. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter