• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD - AKL Jambo to Hoop De Doo

Kidanifan08

DIS Veteran
Background: leaving for WDW in 1 week. Unfortunately broke my right fibula last weekend and I am now in a short leg cast and non-weight bearing for the next 3-4 weeks. This is a first for my family, so I have been scouring these boards to figure out how to handle this situation and very much appreciate all of the fantastic information in this forum!

I now have my Scooterbug rental set up for delivery and I am borrowing a knee roller from a colleague (which has been a lifesaver at work!). Of course, I have a pair of crutches.

We have an ADR for the 8:30 HDDR show. I have been trying to figure out how to best negotiate getting to and from the show. It will be DW, DS10 and me. Here are the options I have come up with:

1. Knee roller and crutches in a cab to FW, internal bus to the show, internal bus back to front of resort, cab back to AKL.

2. ECV and crutches on Bus to MK, boat to FW, boat to MK, bus back to AKL.

3. Knee roller and crutches in a cab to FW, internal bus to show, boat to MK, bus back to AKL.

4. ???

What makes me a little nervous is tha MK closes at 11 the night we are at HDDR, so any return route using buses from MK could result in really long lines. I'm also debating whether it is worth it to even go, but this is one thing DS10 has never done and we are looking forward to him having this experience at this age.

Please let me know if any of those sound better than the others or if you have another idea. TIA!!

Last edited:
I would not use cab because drop off and pick up is not at bus stop. I am leaning toward bus to MK boat to FW and back. one thing to remember is there are steps at all doors to HDDR. you will need to ask about special door from Trails End to get in

I would not use cab because drop off and pick up is not at bus stop. I am leaning toward bus to MK boat to FW and back. one thing to remember is there are steps at all doors to HDDR

1) The cab will drop you quite near the internal bus stop.
. . . Only a few steps to the bus doors.
. . . However, in all cases, there is a short (about 300 feet) walk from the bus stop and (approx 500 feet) walk from boat to Pioneer Hall.
2) As for HDDR, there is a handicap ramp to the Right of the building main entrance (between HDDR and Trails End doorways).
. . . inside, there are no stairs needed for Cat-1 tables
. . . but, approx 1/2 of the Cat-2 tables have stairs, as well as all Cat-3 tables
. . . there are no elevators or handicap access to the balcony tables

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter