WW Zero point food ??????

cinmell

DIS Veteran
I apologize if this is confusing or long:

There's foods that count as zero points. I have been told in the past by a WW follower that carrots are 0 points but after 3 cups or so you have to start counting them as points. I asked the meeting leader about this 2 weeks ago and she said you can eat as many carrots as you want at zero points, you don't have to count them no matter how many you eat.

So, I was counting air popped popcorn and black decaf as 0 points each. But, according to the points calculator on etools, if you have 3 cups of black decaf it should be counted as 1 point (no sugar/milk added) and 2 or 3 cups or air popped popcorn is 1 points.

My question is, since the meeting leader said carrots are always 0, should I follow that rule with other 0 point foods or count them according to etools? I'm not going to have 6 cups of popcorn in one sitting, but if I had some 2 or 3 times a day I'm not sure if I should could it or leave it 0. :confused3

My leader always says to count them, Once you start going into more than one serving size..
Just look at Fat Free Cool Whip, Free if you have one serving, but if you eat the WHOLE container, its something like 8points..
I mean if your talking having 1 1\2 cup Carrots, 1 or 2 times a week, dont fret, but I had some ladies in my meeting that would buy the 2lb bag of baby carrots and eat it all day long..

cinmell said:
I apologize if this is confusing or long:

There's foods that count as zero points. I have been told in the past by a WW follower that carrots are 0 points but after 3 cups or so you have to start counting them as points. I asked the meeting leader about this 2 weeks ago and she said you can eat as many carrots as you want at zero points, you don't have to count them no matter how many you eat.

So, I was counting air popped popcorn and black decaf as 0 points each. But, according to the points calculator on etools, if you have 3 cups of black decaf it should be counted as 1 point (no sugar/milk added) and 2 or 3 cups or air popped popcorn is 1 points.

My question is, since the meeting leader said carrots are always 0, should I follow that rule with other 0 point foods or count them according to etools? I'm not going to have 6 cups of popcorn in one sitting, but if I had some 2 or 3 times a day I'm not sure if I should could it or leave it 0. :confused3

Absolutly count them!
They can add up! Interms of the popcorn, as long as it is at least 94% fat free, and has nothing special-extra butter, flavoring, etc, you can eat the whole bag for 2 points. But since everything is different, check it, but count it!

When I first went to WW, any vegetable except the starchies were considered "free". My third or fourth session, they began counting carrots because of the above mentioned (apparently people were turning orange b/c they're so easy to eat all day long) and because of a sugar factor not previously taken into consideration. It was, if I remember correctly, an overindulgence concern, and my leader said they were counting them mostly to have people pay attention to how much they were eating, merely to raise our consciousness.

I ignored them. I love carrots, they were a staple for me, and I was losing so I never counted them. I still don't.

Now, I should mention that they adjusted the points scale at that time too, changing up to 10 fiber points to 4+, and diminished my points by 2/day and I balked at that too. I still use the old system with the old slides and I don't count carrots.

Popcorn, however, has never been presented to me as a free food at any meeting by any leader or in any book. Healthy Choice 94% is delicious (may take some time to adjust to the taste if your mic popcorn is butter flavor or whatever) and only 2 points for a whole bag.

I have never heard anyone say or read that coffee should be counted; there are no calories or fat. It also might be a consciousness raising thing as it might not be the best thing to be drinking all day long.

Chicken or beef boullion disolved in hot water makes zero point soup (my mother used to call the beef turtle soup). And there's a whole wheat roll up bread that works out to zero on the slide for one piece. I'll find it and let you know the details.

disneygoof said:
...Now, I should mention that they adjusted the points scale at that time too, changing up to 10 fiber points to 4+, and diminished my points by 2/day and I balked at that too. I still use the old system with the old slides and I don't count carrots...

The fiber scale used to go up to 10!!! Whoa...I just learned something new. I wonder why they changed it?

takes more calories to digest celery than the food contains! I cut a bunch into bite size pieces and keep a baggie on my desk most days. Yes, some days by the end of the day - I am "sick" of celery but I like the point value :crazy:

My leader says that no food, other than veggies, is free. A couple years ago when I had a different leader I always tried to get 'free' foods in, but if you eat them 3-4 times a day it adds up quickly!

I am hardly what you'd call a veggie person, but I love to snack on cut up peppers and Walden Farms fat free, zero calorie dressing for a 0 pts.! I don't like carrots at all, so this works for me.

The Walden Farms dressing is pretty watery - but for 0 pts., I'll deal with that.

The wraps are Joseph's Whole Wheat and Oat Bran tortillas. I've used them for BLT wraps and with WW frozen mexican chicken and rice thingies to make it more filling. I think they're pretty tasty.

I had a new leader last night and I asked her the same question about carrots, celery, etc.

She said that carrots, celery, cucumbers, etc. are always zero and that I am not the first person to question her about the etools calculations. She was going to double check with her manager and get back to me next week but finished by saying that we wouldn't be in this program if we overdosed on veggies!

Salsa is also free

So is Polaner sugar free preserves, and the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.

Weight Watchers (and even Shoprite, so I'm sure there are others) makes lite english muffins that are 1 point, so you could technically have a 1 point breakfast (or snack) if you sprayed it and put a little sugar free Polaner on it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter