Wrapping up our first trip

twins4disney

DIS Veteran
One more full day and night and we end our 13 night stay. This trip has been something we have always wanted to do, but always canceled due to distance, gas prices, etc. This time we decided to just go for it.
We say we won't do again but then just tonight that changed too. Everything has been great and we have enjoyed the resort. Renting a golf cart has been fun, not a nescessary item, but fun nonetheless. Perfect area for biking, walking, we have liked our site in the 800 loop. Thanks for all the info this board provides.
Hopefully we make the trip again

One more full day and night and we end our 13 night stay. This trip has been something we have always wanted to do, but always canceled due to distance, gas prices, etc. This time we decided to just go for it.
We say we won't do again but then just tonight that changed too. Everything has been great and we have enjoyed the resort. Renting a golf cart has been fun, not a nescessary item, but fun nonetheless. Perfect area for biking, walking, we have liked our site in the 800 loop. Thanks for all the info this board provides.
Hopefully we make the trip again

Glad you had great trip! Always feels good to be able to say that after a vacation - especially when you put so much effort, time and $$'s into it! Safe journey home!! :goodvibes

So happy to hear you folks had a good time but be warned Fort Wilderness is as addictive as WDW in general maybe more so

I'm so glad you posted this. We are constantly debating about the cost of such a trip and if it is really worth the strain to make it happen.

We started going to the Fort because the DW really doesn't like to fly. (She will if she ABSOLUTELY has to but she is a nervous wreck). Along with that, since she had her gall bladder out as a teen, a side effect to that is that when it's time for her to go to the bathroom.... it needs to be NOW! The camper allows us to have "Facilities" where ever we go. So when driving down the road... if we need a "Break", we can just pull over. The facilities are clean and what we expect versus trying to find a restroom at an exit that is not germ infested or that looks like it went through a zombie apocalypse.

Anyway, the side effect to all this is that we truly enjoy the Fort. Compared to other resorts, it's less expensive, and in the long run saves us money. The Cost of gas is still cheaper then the Round Trip Tickets would be and how do you put a price on "NOT dealing with the TSA!" :D The only thing that is really a drag for us (and really ME) is the drive. 1100 miles and I do all the driving. :sad1:

So I am glad you had a great time. Obviously, if you hang around these boards, you will see that so many of us also love the Fort too!:dogdance:

We started going to the Fort because the DW really doesn't like to fly. (She will if she ABSOLUTELY has to but she is a nervous wreck). Along with that, since she had her gall bladder out as a teen, a side effect to that is that when it's time for her to go to the bathroom.... it needs to be NOW! The camper allows us to have "Facilities" where ever we go. So when driving down the road... if we need a "Break", we can just pull over. The facilities are clean and what we expect versus trying to find a restroom at an exit that is not germ infested or that looks like it went through a zombie apocalypse.

Anyway, the side effect to all this is that we truly enjoy the Fort. Compared to other resorts, it's less expensive, and in the long run saves us money. The Cost of gas is still cheaper then the Round Trip Tickets would be and how do you put a price on "NOT dealing with the TSA!" :D The only thing that is really a drag for us (and really ME) is the drive. 1100 miles and I do all the driving. :sad1:

So I am glad you had a great time. Obviously, if you hang around these boards, you will see that so many of us also love the Fort too!:dogdance:

I do love having our own bathroom on the way down. My husband doesn't have a problem pulling into a yucky truck stop bathroom, my daughter and I not so much!

We have our DVC but I definitely think a trip back to the Fort will happen.
Maybe not quite as long as this trip, as I see the most recent room charge total

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter