Wow....Yacht Club (1st time deluxe)

NashvilleMama

DIS Veteran
I get it now. I'm staying at Yacht Club for a convention and have never stayed in a deluxe resort before (only budget and moderate, but mostly offsite due to all my hotel points from work travel) and this is pretty much blowing me away. I can totally see why people splurge, especially if it's just a night or two short visit - what a completely different experience!

I feel like I've discovered how the other half live and will forever be spoiled. :)

YC was my first on-site stay. I loved the resort and the location. The Boardwalk is my favorite place to stay when we are there. I love being so close to two parks.

Have a great time!

So glad to hear this! We’re checking in at YC on Friday (first ever trip to WDW) and the YC doesn’t always get a lot of love here. I booked it because of the discount but was preparing for possible disappointment.

The first time I stayed at Deluxe, AKL to be exact, I knew I was ruined. But I will stay at value and moderates if I add a couple of extra days onto my vacation.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I love the Epcot resorts.

So glad to hear this! We’re checking in at YC on Friday (first ever trip to WDW) and the YC doesn’t always get a lot of love here. I booked it because of the discount but was preparing for possible disappointment.

I'm sorry you are feeling even the slightest worry of disappointment before your trip! Don't worry- the Yacht Club is a wonderful resort! You will have a great time with no need to worry.

We stayed at at the YC years ago, after now being able to book the BC, which we had hoped to do. We loved it! We have since stayed at BC, but prefer the YC. Same great pool, but we loved the quieter lobby and decor. Enjoy!

The first WDW trip I took my DSs on (not counting when DS 1 was a baby), we stayed at YC. We LOVED it! It became my favorite WDW resort at that point...and I'd stayed at CBR, Poly and BCV previously. We really enjoyed the quieter, more low-key and more formal feel of YC compared to BC...but we also liked being close to more 'lively' areas (like BC's lobby and gift shop, the Boardwalk area, etc.), loved that we were close to Epcot and loved the fact that that the boarding area for the boat to DHS was right across from YC's lobby.

YC is still one of my favorite resorts! I love the look of the refurbished rooms too.

We stayed at the Yacht club after a long time staying only in moderates. We were instantly hooked! We have since been staying only deluxe and I hope we never have to go back, lol! Last trip, we stayed part of the time at the Beach Club but found that we prefer the YC; we found it quieter and more relaxed.

Don't let the negative posts here get to you. Some folks wouldn't say nice things, even if they had them to say. Some posters here seem to thrive on negative

People can be disappointed by all kinds of things, but I truly cannot imagine being disappointed in a first visit to the Yacht Club.

Don't let the negative posts here get to you. Some folks wouldn't say nice things, even if they had them to say. Some posters here seem to thrive on negative

Yes...this. Plus, I find that some people nitpick every tiny thing. The trivial stuff that people complain about sometimes borders on being ridiculous. Nothing in life, vacations or otherwise, is ever perfect.

OP, glad you are enjoying your stay. The Epcot resorts are my favorite.

Well, we're here at YC and I'm up after our second night. DH and the kids are still sleeping away while I try and make some changes to our Touring Plans. I travel for work on a regular basis. I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Waldorf Astoria, Four Seasons, etc. When we stayed at Grand Californian 5 years ago I was shocked how GC felt like a huge step down from other similarly priced hotels outside of Disney. So I was prepared for that here at WDW.

But we really like the YC. Beds are very comfortable. (Yes, they're high but so is our bed at home.) Housekeeping so far has been great, as have general services. We got a tub/shower combo and it has a falling rain shower head that feels great. I'm not sure what I think of the hard floors. I think they're luxury vinyl so they feel a little plastic-y, though I don't mind the look at all.

The overall Disney overlay in the hotel is very subtle. I probably wouldn't mind it being a touch stronger but it's actually nice to come home to something less visually "in your face" since we get that in the parks all day.

We're in room 3089 (garden view) but if we sit to the left of the balcony we can see the lake and fireworks from Epcot. It's really a lovely room.

:ssst: Shhhh, it’s not that YC doesn’t get love. It’s that we love it so much, we want to keep it a secret. No sense letting the masses know how great it is. That keeps rooms & discounts available for those of us who stay here every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts