Wow! we could've used that...

I bring TIDE sink detergent. Nice little packets to wash whatever is truly necessary in the sink. I do not do laundry on vacation! we pack very little clothing and make do!

clothespins

if we fly, lollipops and gum- helps the kids with the popping ears thing.

lysol wipes to sterilize the "hot spots" in the dirty hotel room...the doorknobs, lightswitches, phone, alarm clock... and a ziplock to seal the remote into, which keeps the germs from us!

We brought a hot shot water thing for the value hotel so we could heat up water. (amazon delivers food for free, or garden grocer has a better selection for a nominal delivery fee)

hand sanitizer.

Emergen-c packets. tons of vitamin c and other happy vitamins! (can you see the theme here? my family gets sick easily!)

magic coloring books for waiting at mealtime.

Giant sharpies instead of pens for the characters...shows up better, and the characters appreciate the huge nib and fat body to sign with!

flushable wipes, instant ponchos, emery boards, water bottles with filters.first aid kit with a little of everything..especially prescriptions!!!

If you do get sick though, you can easily call the desk- there is a drugstore that delivers ..$5-10 delivery fee I think, but worth it if you need something!

Well, now that you mentioned it. I was kind of thinking the same thing. Seems like it would be find for home use, but not very convenient or discreet for a public restroom. I don't consider myself prude to these type of things...I teach human sexuality to middle and high school students. So I was aware of the product...it's just not for me.

well, generally, it doesn't need to be emptied more than every 8 hours, so you can make it happen at the more convenient time... :)
I've used it for several yevrs now and love it. :cheer2:

My latest can't-do-without-item is a plastic water bottle with a filter so I can just fill it up at water fountains. I don't like the taste of WDW water and this works great!!! My favorite kind is called "Bobble" and is sold on Amazon. I have now bought them in different colors so my kids have their own.

Bobbles are the best! Here's a picture of ours sitting in our YC room during our Dec. trip:

Target just got them in, and they are on sale this week for $9 each (better than the 2/$20 deal at JC Penny online that we used). The filter packs (2 filters in each pack) are also $9 this week. We loved having them on the trip because we could just fill it whenever we wanted. We usually took one into the park each day, while the other one was drying out after we washed it in the sink.

The only issue I had was that they are a bit bulky for packing. We had one in the water bottle holder of my backpack, and the other inside the backpack.

A word of warning to those who buy the cheap ponchos - I bought a two pack of ponchos at the dollar store on the last cruise we went on, thinking I wouldn't need them and if I did, I could throw them out when I'm done. Our first day in the Bahamas it poured rain the whole day and it was windy. Those ponchos were garbage and didn't help at all. No buttons so they were blowing around and they were sleeveless! We were soeaked! If you're going to WDW during hurricane/rain season like I am, a good poncho is worth investing in, it will keep you drier for sure!

Actually, I'm going to add one! I like to take a scented candle or small oil burner with tealights for the room. Probably not the best if you have kiddies with you, but if the room is a bit musty (as some can get) it does make it smell really nice. Also good to have a eucalyptus/menthol type scent if you have a bit of a cold - helps clear the nose. If not a candle, then perhaps a scented room spray..
[I have an organic essential oil mister....its electric and serves as a night light also... it is very small, i put water to the line, put 2-3 drops of essential oil in it, plug it in and its perfect...A great solution if you have children in your room and want to avoid the flames. I purchased this at whole foods and it was a wonderful $30 spent!!:idea:

At least you knew what they were talking about. One minute I was reading about some kind of pure water filers and the next I saw Divacup. I just assumed it was another type of water bottle that filtered drinking water. :lmao: I just want nice tasting clean water without having to lug so many bottles of water around or stand in long lines to get bottled water. So I immediately googled these Divacups (at work mind you) and couldn't figure out why the tags (you know the brief website description) were mentioning things like mature woman, etc etc. :scared1: I came back to the Dis to see if I had the name right and I did. :sad2: I was so confused. :confused3 At least I only clicked on 1 site, it was the wrong thing and clicked off quick. I'm now just going to pretend there is only one company that sells water bottles with filters for purifying drinking water and not look at any other websites for any other type of bottles or "cups". :teeth:[:rotfl2:OMG....IM LAUGHING SO HARD AND I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE LAUGH!!! I REALLY NEEDED IT.... ]

My latest can't-do-without-item is a plastic water bottle with a filter so I can just fill it up at water fountains. I don't like the taste of WDW water and this works great!!! My favorite kind is called "Bobble" and is sold on Amazon. I have now bought them in different colors so my kids have their own.

They now sell Bobbles at both Target and Old Navy. I'm going to pick up a couple for my next trip.

Collapsable hamper. You can use it for laundry during your trip and it folds totally flat and very compact when you pack it.

We always pack the small DVD play for the plane. Although the Villas have DVD players, the rooms do not. I know that we are on vacation, and no one has time for tv. However it always seem that during my rest time there was nothing that I wanted to watch. Now, I just connect the two and watch whatever I brought. (Of course 15 minutes later I am totally asleep, but it was a good 15 minutes.)

- You use hotel washclothes to wash dishes YUCK. After finding a hair from a private part on a clean hotel washcloth I can not bring myself to use the hotel washcloth. I bring my own washcloth. I just can imagine using a hotel washcloth that has touched another persons body as a way to wash dishes. To be honest, there is no telling what cloths are used in the kitchen at the HOTEL RESTAURANTS to wash the dishes and clean the tables.. I just hope and pray they are clean... lol....

I actually hang ours on the clothing rod in the bathroom (at the values). It's right by the sink and very convenient. Not sure about the moderates or deluxes since it's been awhile since we stayed at one, though.[we hang ours on the shower rod at the deluxe resorts, in the bathroom, to keep all the necessities in it. ex... curling iron, hair dryer, shampoo, toothpaste, etc...]

My latest can't-do-without-item is a plastic water bottle with a filter so I can just fill it up at water fountains. I don't like the taste of WDW water and this works great!!! My favorite kind is called "Bobble" and is sold on Amazon. I have now bought them in different colors so my kids have their own.[These are also at some Cracker Barrell Restaurants in pink blue and green

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter