wow! This Motorhome has been rode hard!

weird technical difficulties!

I was scrolling through the pictures, and DH's comments went something like this:
"That is not so bad."
"That is jst cosmetic."
"We can fix those tiles pretty cheap."
"If we got it for the right price, we could fix some of that body damage."
"What the heck happened to that engine?!? I've seen a studebaker engine in the middle of a field with less rust than that!"

weird technical difficulties!

I was scrolling through the pictures, and DH's comments went something like this:
"That is not so bad."
"That is jst cosmetic."
"We can fix those tiles pretty cheap."
"If we got it for the right price, we could fix some of that body damage."
"What the heck happened to that engine?!? I've seen a studebaker engine in the middle of a field with less rust than that!"

I have built many helicopters, cars, motorcycles, Im currently building my own house............Im one of those guys that can build most anything with the right tools. Many of the things wrong with this motorhome can be easily fixed, its just that there are SOOOO many !! the description says its mechanicly sound and rides great. This HM has been clearly neglected, I wouldnd say abused, but extreamly neglected, thus I would assume the same for the mechanics drive train, suspention, generator.........all of it.

Even with all my abilities, I would walk away from this! this would take me a year minimum to fix all this.....not including getting to the mechanics and getting that stright. Even at a DEAL price, this is a money pit! example it needs tires BAD! your looking at 1500-2000 just for tires

I have a MH that is a 96, with 75K miles, but it looks 100% better then this. Keep looking around, there are deals and well maintained MHs!!

here are pics of my 14yr old MH

camper_003.jpg

camper_004.jpg

camper_008.jpg

camper_020.jpg

camper_010.jpg

I would venture a guess ( like someone already mentioned) that this unit has been flooded at one time or another. And also been sitting up for years. Look at the flooring it's so obvious that this unit has a mole problem.
I bet a dollar to a donut that this is a flooded unit and they're just pretending stupid to get rid of it.
Such a shame because this must have been a beautiful motorcoach at one time.

This was a beautiful coach at one time. Not now.
I would be very careful. It is a mess.
I would guess that it smells really bad. Maybe not dogs or cigarettes, but REALLY bad.
I agree that it could be a flood victim. And that would make me wonder about the electrical systems. What a nightmare especially if you don't have any of the original info that is included with all new MH's.
IMO not a deal. Will end up being a big disappointment.

I am blown away that someone would bid 37,688.00 on this. I would love to know how much they actually end up spending to get this RV back into order. Showing pictures briefly to my dh he thought it looked like the engine might have had a fire at one time or another.
Before I pour that kind of money into this unit I would have put it towards something else. :confused:

I am blown away that someone would bid 37,688.00 on this.

wow, just wow....

Seller says "YOU NAME THE PRICE, BE THE HIGH BIDDER AND THIS MOTORHOME IS YOURS!"

checking out the bid history page... I always find those interesting...

"Bidder: y***d( 13)
Item description: Item Title: 2000 AMERICAN DREAM MOTORHOME DIESEL PUSHER NO RESERVE!
Bids on this item: 13

30-Day Summary ---
Total bids: 13
Items bid on: 1
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0 "

Looks like this bidder with the fat wallet who doesn't want to even enter a few little bids on another ebay seller's widgets seems to have just 13 FB comments total - LOL the same as the number of bids he entered for this auction... I'm gonna think of him as "lucky number 13"... none of his 13 FBs are in the last year either or there wouldn't be a 0% FB under it. Oh, and look, the coach was relisted afterwards. hmmm... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter